Help: Foot Guards Choice

Widowmaker04

Dominant
Grom Widowmaker Hellscream
Hi everyone
I'm a low lvl hunter (lvl 26 laser pistoleer) and I got a ghost armor + 5B plates..

Last year I bought a pair of Phantom foot guards at a very nice price, but now I'd like to sell them to get back some money and was thinking: what's actually the possibility to be hit on foot during a hunt?
obviously if the answer is 1/7 (14%) I would look for something like a pair of gremlin or similar (not too far from ghost)
If it is less than 1/7 (maybe a matter about realism, a mob could be hitting more chest or thighs..) why would I buy a decent pair of foot guards when I could save money and buy rascal or something? :scratch2:

so..any1 knows anything about dmg distribution? :D

I was actually insane and bought the ghost feet I needed hehe at a very good price mind you :D. As for a replacement for the feet I used rascal feet on my ghost set when I didnt have the feet only cause the colour sort of matched but stats weren't so good. Other substitutes Zombie Foot Guard (L), Knight, Paladin, Vigilante & Gremlin. But the closest match in terms of Melee damage for ghost are Bear & Nemesis. Imo Nemesis is a gd choice more durability & only 2 less points, maybe get Nemesis Gloves too so it don't look odd? :D.

As for hit distribution as far as I can remember harness takes 25%, arms/ thighs 21%, Face 13%, gloves 11%, feet 9%. Something along those lines :).

Last edited:
thx for the advice, but I was actually more interested to know if it's worth invest in foot guards by looking at the percentage of hit made by mobs on them (yeah, I know I'm wierd :D)

thx for the advice, but I was actually more interested to know if it's worth invest in foot guards by looking at the percentage of hit made by mobs on them (yeah, I know I'm wierd :D)
:laugh: then why didnt you say so!? weirdo... :D. So your asking yourself/ us if you should buy "A" foot guard given the percentages on the body parts? Imo you should, any armour that isnt matching and complete isnt worth having but thats just me :). It also depends on what mob you hunt, different mobs have varying results, as Marco has already revealed that mobs that lay on the ground will strike your feet/shins/thighs more than something hoovering above you. If the mob is as tall as you then the the equation in previous post is applicable.

I guess if what you are hunting doesnt kill you to fast or hit you hard enough to make you want to heal excessively because your missing an armour piece, then I guess you don't need the feet. Hope this comment helps more :).

So the answer I guess is a yes it is lower than 14% ;)

Last edited:
lol I tried to with the 1/7 possibility thing on first post, but my english is a little poor :ahh:
usually I hunt little troxes, argos, mid allos/estos (the most) and mid cornundacaudas with armor on, so It could be possible to save some money buying footies with those tall guys :D

thx a lot m8 :) +rep

EDIT: my idea would be to buy a low lvl kind of foot guards, such as knight or rascal :)

When I had Ghost I always had Zombie-feet. Nice and cheap :D

lol I tried to with the 1/7 possibility thing on first post, but my english is a little poor :ahh:
usually I hunt little troxes, argos, mid allos/estos (the most) and mid cornundacaudas with armor on, so It could be possible to save some money buying footies with those tall guys :D

thx a lot m8 :) +rep

EDIT: my idea would be to buy a low lvl kind of foot guards, such as knight or rascal :)
:laugh:. Thx could do with a few more +reps :). Yeah those mobs are pretty tall & they also do high damage. Hope you got plenty of hp under that shell u call ghost :D. Ghost feet are pretty high mu so yeah, you definately could save some peds there once you sell your phantom footsies :). GL with it all :thumbup:.

Yh I'd go with knight too.

When I had Ghost I always had Zombie-feet. Nice and cheap :D
Zombie is the lesser version of ghost problem is that (L) is your best bet of finding the foot guards. Either on auction fairly cheap or from SFE shop at the mu it costs to actually craft it. Zombie would be my second choice problem is that knights colour sort of matches compared to zombie's different yellows :rolleyes:.

Definitely Zombie (L)... cheap and will last forever, and very similar to ghost... gremlin and knight are not a very terrible choice.

I dont think the feet take 14% of the hits, i think it depends on the mob.

If you use your Ghost regularly then I would strongly recommend buying the Ghost Feet. Yes they're a lot more expensive than the other parts but it will be well worth it. Inconsistent protection can make hunting much more difficult than it needs to be.

But to answer your question, some tests I did a couple of years back indicated that Feet take approx. 10-12% of hits.

If you use your Ghost regularly then I would strongly recommend buying the Ghost Feet. Yes they're a lot more expensive than the other parts but it will be well worth it. Inconsistent protection can make hunting much more difficult than it needs to be.

But to answer your question, some tests I did a couple of years back indicated that Feet take approx. 10-12% of hits.

I think I'll give a try with a pair of low lvl ones (at this point I'm pretty curious to see the differences :D )
If there will be any problem with them I'll keep my phantom feet that I'm trying to sell, much cheaper than ghost :)

Gremlin, Nemesis, Zombie (L) .. all of them are good choice.

UL Bear feet are pretty cheap and very similar in protection (with the exception of Electrical), as are (L) ones.
If you need/want the Electric protection I'd go with the (L) Zombie personally

Back