Suggestion: Gear Rental Terminal

let's just suppose that MA spawn in all accounts a ModNano that is not level restricted and can be used at level 1....
10 more users would use it....
that weapon shots 4000 ped per hour, loose at least 90 ped per hour plus 100 ped in enhancers, with pills it is 200 ped per hour cost to use
and this is COST, unrelated to return, that can be subject to severe swings due to size of targets.
in a day can loose easy 1500 ped, most probably the monthly tt loss budget of most of the conspiracy theorists...
80% return in a post above... where? in cuhof or aakas is the only place i can think of... i had over 97% with modmerc at level 75 not maxed..

read Suljie above... "million of loot instances" ... a 200 kill run for daily token (most insane strategy to game) is not meaningful.
get ped card available divide it by 5000 and see size of killable monster, kill 20.000 to 50.000 of that one and average out.... all will be fine...
a 30 ped kill moloch master requires a 150.000 ped bankroll.... i think that someone will say can go with 80.000 no one will say can go with 3000

that said, 99% of players cant use a mod nano even for free... simply cant afford the cost, dont have the stats of the expertise to choose target.
just my 2 pec
(i am not arrogant, my maximum hourly shooting is 1500 ped... and my mob size is 1 to 3 pec 90% of time... cant use one myself)

This would result in the following:

A) No need or less need for L weapons

B) If there isn't need for L weapons, there isn't need to craft them

C) If there isn't need for crafting, there isn't need for materials

D) If there isn't need for materials, there isn't a need to mine

So no mining, no crafting and basically no need for materials from hunting...

I have around 20-30 various UL weapons in storage. For me it would be pretty awesome as I got some nice low-end rare pieces. But since it would just destroy the game more than it already is, I completely disagree with any official renting system made by MA.

It would be a very stupid idea.

A renting terminal should be like the one used by the banks.

Renting fees towards MA should be in a way to encourage only renting the medium and high grade equipment.

Appropriate fees would protect L equipment which should not be used to grind anyway, rather than steps towards and unlock or temporary between gear change.

Could be a good idea, with a couple of conditions to avoid the following:

Theoretically 1 or more ppl with deep pockets could buy up most of the high-end gear, rend and almost monopolize it, after which they could ask whatever price they want...
Market competition should be a goal, not monopolies.

To avoid this problem, there could be a couple solutions:

1 - introduce a slow-dropping over time new series of UL items that have the 'can entered into the rental terminal' option
2 - all current items don't have this 'can be entered into the rental terminal' option
3 - all rentable items get a specific 'points count'
4 - every avatar can have a maximum of, for instance, 20 points of items in the rental terminal to rent out. (with weapons ranging from imk2 alike (6points) to bc120 alike (12points).

just an idea :)

Apart from the posts that are completely off-topic, apparently in some people's minds, there will only be high-end weapons, and mainly mod-nano weapons for rent..
And these mod-nano would only be rented by poor noobs who don't have the bankroll to use them properly (thank you for worrying about them). ;)

All I see are old fogies who are afraid of new things, like every time something has been introduced into the game, we've seen a whole bunch of messages explaining that it would ruin everything, and that it's the end of the game.

But there's no real argument, you don't have the data.
I've got the impression that you're all professional economists, but I can't see your statistics.. 🙄

The major problem I see would be the same one that always comes up with EU, monopoly.
And to solve this, there are simple solutions; like limiting the maximum number of slots per person for rental items. (1, 2 or 3 max)

In any case, I think we're wasting our time, this idea has been proposed for years already, and if MA doesn't do it, I guess they have good reasons, which are probably not the ones you're putting forward.

:coffee:

Last edited:
In any case, I think we're wasting our time, this idea has been proposed for years already, and if MA doesn't do it, I guess they have good reasons, which are probably not the ones you're putting forward.
Not only have MA ignored the multiple suggestions for this, they have actively slated the idea publicly. Hopeful players just keep beating a dead horse unfortunately.

Apart from the posts that are completely off-topic, apparently in some people's minds, there will only be high-end weapons, and mainly mod-nano weapons for rent..
And these mod-nano would only be rented by poor noobs who don't have the bankroll to use them properly (thank you for worrying about them). ;)

All I see are old fogies who are afraid of new things, like every time something has been introduced into the game, we've seen a whole bunch of messages explaining that it would ruin everything, and that it's the end of the game.

But there's no real argument, you don't have the data.
I've got the impression that you're all professional economists, but I can't see your statistics.. 🙄

The major problem I see would be the same one that always comes up with EU, monopoly.
And to solve this, there are simple solutions; like limiting the maximum number of slots per person for rental items. (1, 2 or 3 max)

:coffee:
A) If whole spectrum of weapons would be available, the desire for L will vanish. That's bad for the economy of the game.

B) It's not about adapting, it's about not destroying a semi-functional economy.

C) Having 300-500 weapons available via some terminal is a VALID argument. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

D) IF 100 avatars put each 3 weapons, that's still 300 weapons. Also what's stopping brothers, sisters grandma's and dogs avatars from putting them into the terminal for you 😉 There are many players with ALTs and nothing can be done about it.

E) Finally a good part of your post. 👍 MA have their reasons, and I hope it stays that way.

I really like this idea, simultaneously creating increased demand for uber gear while also making it much more accessible for people who don't want to make the investment or simply don't have the collateral normally required. More options are always good!

I wo
A) If whole spectrum of weapons would be available, the desire for L will vanish. That's bad for the economy of the game.

B) It's not about adapting, it's about not destroying a semi-functional economy.

C) Having 300-500 weapons available via some terminal is a VALID argument. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

D) IF 100 avatars put each 3 weapons, that's still 300 weapons. Also what's stopping brothers, sisters grandma's and dogs avatars from putting them into the terminal for you 😉 There are many players with ALTs and nothing can be done about it.

E) Finally a good part of your post. 👍 MA have their reasons, and I hope it stays that way.
Just to answer one question, I'd imagine the untradeable tag would be added to any item received through the rental interface.

I'm all for this, as long as the renting fee is enough to not hurt the L market.

It should cost you to use the renting feature, to the point where you have to consider it real good, or be something that you "splurge" with for a one time thing.

Pay for fun, basically.

Imagine being able to pay to rent a great fap, a great weapon, a great armor for a day, at a cost. Maybe a society pulls together, and helps to pay the fee for a day or two, as a birthday present to one of their society memebers.

I see great potential in this, but then again, fee's would have to be high enough to avoid hurting the L market.

Trial period of this system would be cool.

Mindark could add it, test it, tweak it, see the results, if its good or not and then decide.

The bigger question is why do we need rentals?

Lack of gear availability?

MindArk could start dropping NanoBlades and Supremacy from Puny creatures and problem is then solved.

Just add all gear to a rotating loot table for all creatures so it's truly random when, where, what mob and what item you might loot. Could be 5dps weapon from Huusk or 100dps weapon from Puny... Would be best to gate all item drops behind a Blueprint though. Involve all profession to make UL items.

Renting really is a symptom of a larger economic issue than it is a solution.

But they are slated to have a contract system built into UE5 that will likely facilitate renting...

The bigger question is why do we need rentals?
already explained... daydreamer think that a bigger gun and bigger armor lead to profit.
if any of them had the chance to PM with some "bigger cyclers" they would understand that
they are lucky to use a v15 ecotron or similar peashooter.
a 2000 ped/hour tool manufactures
200 ped TT loss per day
6000 ped ttloss per month
72.000 ped per year
a nanoblade double than that
a EP4 card 6x
so the "rental" if any is limited to 2 month per year, during mayhem, to loot more Mtokens. who has no rares will sell pills to get mu back, who loots a rare will sell an item the mayhem after to get the mu back.
in this case, the borrower will loose the mu collected to the rental fee.

nanoblade from puny is perfectly ok. a great incentive to skill to level 140 and loose 200k TT in the process (or so)
i would even better reduce cost to craft via reducing resource numbers in mining to let Armatrix drop to 105% for all the kinds to allow people have just a 0.075*0.05 =100.37% cost to kill just like MF chips, way more clever than putting a rental fee and proportional to the use one makes

again, we need MORE CRAFT not more UL... crafting sinks ores, enmatter and huntloot.
we need CRAFT... more CRAFT (and not 6a perfected (L) spina useless plates, we need cheap (L) weapons that attract buyers, to get more market for loots

already explained... daydreamer think that a bigger gun and bigger armor lead to profit.
if any of them had the chance to PM with some "bigger cyclers" they would understand that
they are lucky to use a v15 ecotron or similar peashooter.
a 2000 ped/hour tool manufactures
200 ped TT loss per day
6000 ped ttloss per month
72.000 ped per year
a nanoblade double than that
a EP4 card 6x
so the "rental" if any is limited to 2 month per year, during mayhem, to loot more Mtokens. who has no rares will sell pills to get mu back, who loots a rare will sell an item the mayhem after to get the mu back.
in this case, the borrower will loose the mu collected to the rental fee.

nanoblade from puny is perfectly ok. a great incentive to skill to level 140 and loose 200k TT in the process (or so)
i would even better reduce cost to craft via reducing resource numbers in mining to let Armatrix drop to 105% for all the kinds to allow people have just a 0.075*0.05 =100.37% cost to kill just like MF chips, way more clever than putting a rental fee and proportional to the use one makes

again, we need MORE CRAFT not more UL... crafting sinks ores, enmatter and huntloot.
we need CRAFT... more CRAFT (and not 6a perfected (L) spina useless plates, we need cheap (L) weapons that attract buyers, to get more market for loots

Learn to read.

The "profit" for Nano lade dropping from Puny is not from usage by player who looted. It's by selling to player who can use. Profit is in Markup.

Secondly, yes more craft. As I said:

Would be best to gate all item drops behind a Blueprint though. Involve all profession to make UL items.

Third:

Just add all gear to a rotating loot table for all creatures so it's truly random when, where, what mob and what item you might loot. Could be 5dps weapon from Huusk or 100dps weapon from Puny...

This with Mayhem dynamic of "better CHANCE" to loot the good gear from Huusk size creature vs Puny but still CHANCE to loot from Puny = incentive to use big gear (plus others) is still there. Carrot still on stick for the chase.

Rentals are just a symptom.

Learn to read.

The "profit" for Nano lade dropping from Puny is not from usage by player who looted. It's by selling to player who can use. Profit is in Markup.
i did not expect this BULLSHI)T sorry IMHO was of course account bound,..PLEASE dont waste our mind to use such blasphemities
or i need to classify you as a troll.. so far i blocked just one user on forum, dont be the second
Secondly, yes more craft. As I said:
this is a good point.

This with Mayhem dynamic of "better CHANCE" to loot the good gear from Huusk size creature vs Puny but still CHANCE to loot from Puny = incentive to use big gear (plus others) is still there. Carrot still on stick for the chase.
we would see 10.00 robot puny killers like ina "return to silk road" effect.. again naif idea (or troll procovation, its the same to me)

anyway, as i say, every user should receive an accoutn bound 500 DPS level 300 weapon at game start ... a big carrot,,, in the ass

This is literally the opposite of what everybody is quitting the game wants. How this has so much positive feedback blows my mind cuz this is literally the opposite of what everybody wants that I talk to that quit the game. It's unfortunate because the people recommending stuff like this are the ones with all unlimited gear best stuff. And besides this is already implemented you want to know how it's implemented L gear lmao. The funny part is is the people agreeing already said that adding ul items would ruin the market but adding this would make limited items obsolete or it would make renting obsolete because we have limited items so it's kind of funny big thinking going on in the forums

Last edited:
"You will own nothing and be happy."

Fuck that. This has been suggested many times over the years and MA has shot it down. This would result in unlimited items ending up in the hands of the wealthy even more than now, and more players would have to rent, essentially the equivalent of using L items.

Back