Question: Get a Mentor or not?

Rotrap

Alpha
I have the game downloading now, so am reading and searching for some information before I can play. I came across this idea of mentors. It seems that if you do not get one early in the game you can not have one at all. I also see some people saying their mentor is MIA and this does not let them 'chip'. No idea what that means though! I guess I am wondering what are the possible downsides to getting a mentor, or is it something one should always try and do?

Good morning

There are many benefits in getting a mentor but only if you get a proper one..

There are many who specialize in gathering as many hapless people on their list and never show themselves again..

There are others (though few) who actually take pride in their disciples and actually do as a mentor should..

I happen to be one of these people...

I mentor via voice chat and can pass far more information than most people ever type.. return my pm and lets chat..

David

I am to busy RL atm to accept disciples, but if you look around and find an active player who likes beeing a good mentor you will surely benefit from it.

Indeed, i concur with the previous replies, there are many out there that just horde disciples like fruit in a basket, when the basket is full they leave it to rot.

On the other hand theres quite a few out there very capable of good mentoring, i would suggest you find a mentor in your native language for the best support possible.

I for myself mentor only swedes due to the fact that its alot easier to mentor in my (and their) native language, even if both parties speak english fluently.

// Exo

join a nice society and get a good mentor is my advice.

chipping means that you can't use skills chip to either chip your skills onto one to sell it

or insert a filled one to increase your own skills

if you just started it isn't that adviseable you start chipping right away either way, can be kindy expensive and after that you still have to buy your equipment

that you can't chip is the main downside actually, since you don't skill faster or slower
the second is, that your mentor has to release you via his list when you reach graduation level
if your mentor is a 100 pts rifle noob who thinks you get awesome gifts and plans to finance his gameplay with this and quits
you have to write a support case first to be released by MA/FPC (game developers that is)
although, even if you stay disciple a little longer then, you just can't use skill chips, so the disadvantage there isn rather small
you CAN use mindforce chips like TP chips

and yes, its useful to have a mentor and a good soc helps as well, since the mentor can't stay 24/7
having someone who played for longer giving advice can be quite valueable (also in terms of saving peds)

and yes, if you want one, be fast
once you reached 20 points in a graduation skill like rifle, handgun, longblades, concentration, you will be too skilled to have a mentor

as for mentor offer, check my signature
also check my guide, link in signature as well

hf :)

all right, thanks...

Thanks for the replies... seems like getting a mentor is a good idea then. I take it the 'society' is this games term for clans or guilds?

I logged into today for a few minutes and found some mentorship offers pop up on my screen.. clicked no to those, as my gut feeling is, if they don't even chat first they are not going to be too good.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies... seems like getting a mentor is a good idea then. I take it the 'society' is this games term for clans or guilds?

I logged into today for a few minutes and found some mentorship offers pop up on my screen.. clicked no to those, as my gut feeling is, if they don't even chat first they are not going to be too good.
thats likely correct :D

sounds a bit like newbie harvester to get gifts

(which are usually crap as i may add)

u are a smart guy, u are going to go a long way in this game. With the right mentor, u wont have to go through all the nasty stuff. Be sure double check on things, confirm with a few players or ask anything on this forum. People will be glad to help. GL in this game, looking forward to seeing ur first global screenshot.

yes, get one...

Well, I took the advice and found a good (tor)mentor and soc to join, and am getting my feet into the game a lot faster and more enjoyably then it would have been if I had not done so.... so thanks for all the advice.

PS Anyone want to buy some sweat :)

Your mentor should buy your sweat at 0.5

Your mentor should buy your sweat at 0.5
his mentor has currently 27 000 sweat in storage and won't buy it at 0.5 for sure :D

congratulations in finding a good mentor, and a soc.:yay::yay::yay:

I wish i had a mentor when I first started but as time went on i ended up learning the what, when and how to play - until i found a soc that made an impression on me. I learned much from a soc and now i enjoy helping others when they ask. Plus a Soc is like a family;):wtg:;)
If you ever see me in game just say hi.. :)

Back