Give us sweat missions

Wollongong

Elite
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Jerry "Wollo" Wollongong
The last few days, I've had a chat with several people about the new mission where you have to supply 10,000 Calypso Bone Samples to an NPC to get a reward (Well, I expect a reward).
We've been discussion how many mobs you have to kill for this, and whether it would make sense to buy Calypso Bone Samples.

Personally, I'd be willing to pay about 1PED/K. This would come down to paying 10 PED to finish the mission without any added effort (I will still put in the effort though, as I need to kill those puny anyway). Others have said that 1 pec per CBS would be minimum. Personally, I don't think it is worth paying that much.

We discussed it a bit more, and then someone came up with the thought that this mission was introduced to make hunting more worthwhile for lower levels, while not affecting tt payout-ratios. And indeed, by giving these items, the lootpool can increase, without actual change in the tt value of the lootpool. Brilliant idea indeed, which could indeed help young hunters.

Following this, I really would like to urge developers: PLEASE GIVE US SWEAT MISSIONS, where you turn in the sweat with an NPC for rewards. Preferably also some rewards which you can claim more than once.

Such missions will increase demand for sweat, help boost the sweatprice a bit (or at least: stop the fall of the sweatprice) and thus help us retain newbies.

The only way to fix sweatin is to stop all the 'pros' that run 100 sweat bots all day long to farm shitloads of sweat. Its so easy to sweat now its disgusting.

I think dev team does not know or is aware of the current price of sweat 1,5 ped /1000 bottles...maybe this is the reason that a newbie quit after 2-3 days...Cheers

The only way to fix sweatin is to stop all the 'pros' that run 100 sweat bots all day long to farm shitloads of sweat. Its so easy to sweat now its disgusting.

agreed each K I got as a noob in the passed was well earned and even though the ammo didn't last long it was a blast

now getting a K is a dull repetitive thing

I think dev team does not know or is aware of the current price of sweat 1,5 ped /1000 bottles...maybe this is the reason that a newbie quit after 2-3 days...Cheers

The fact that it used to be 12 till 13 ped per k in the days I started (2006) made me stick around long enough to start to deposit at least. But yes we didn't have auto tool etc back then. It was not as easy as it is now to gather some. It's likely the value of sweat affects how long newcommers stay indeed.

Not disagreeing with idea of a sweat mission but a broker for sweat is a bad idea. Also, for the moment noobies have it cushy with the bones. They are getting a ~10-15% subsidy on hunting which is more than enough imo.

Maybe when the bone market sags to 1 pec/bone max something else is in order but right now there's more than enough incentive.

I'm actually wondering why they didn't do mining iron missions (not the daily ones).
Search for 100 ores, 500 ores, 1k ores, etc...
Same for enmatters, and Ark can make one for TH too.

Not disagreeing with idea of a sweat mission but a broker for sweat is a bad idea. Also, for the moment noobies have it cushy with the bones. They are getting a ~10-15% subsidy on hunting which is more than enough imo.

Maybe when the bone market sags to 1 pec/bone max something else is in order but right now there's more than enough incentive.

Doer when you started what was the price of sweat ? Just Curios... Whit price of today a newbie can not afford to buy a opalo and ammo that last more then 15 minute...That was MindArk dev team who keeped newbies to play the game...Today Dev Team(Kim Team) they did a campaign...but if only 10% of newbies remain to play the game does it worth that?

Last edited:
Doer when you started what was the price of sweat ? Just Curios... Whit price of today a newbie can not afford to buy a opalo and ammo that last more then 15 minute...That was MindArk dev team who keeped newbies to play the game...Today Dev Team(Kim Team) they did a campaign...but if only 10% of newbies remain to play the game does it worth that?

back then there weren't any puny mobs to kill or lower guns then opalo (even for the opallo to be eco we used atleast a 104 amp), check the decay/hour+ammo for opalo +104 vs the new guns wich you can use on puny mobs..
If you want the sweat price to go down more, pls add a sweat quest!

Actually i don't know. After i spent quite a while exploring and studying up on game mechanics, i decided it was worth putting in a few dollars to play with.

I didn't get a free weapon and vehicle and skill rewards. I didn't have sub-PED value guns and 10 HP mobs. Etc.

And i'm still here.

If you have to spoon feed them to keep them around, they won't stay around when the spoon feeding is over. Yes, there's a need for extra incentive at the newbie end, but no it doesn't need to be an extensive and exceptional thing.

I don't remember how much sweat was because I got my skills up so fast I got locked out of being able to sweat! I'm still beginner level sweat gatherer :laugh:

When I started, sweat was 4 or 5 PED per k. I spent a few days sweating, a few days exploring, and didn't make it past my first week before I decided to start depositing. Now days, they have puny mobs, missions that give them weapons for basically doing nothing, the whole Gateway area to learn in, and now, free bones to sell.

Seriously, if that isn't enough to get them motivated, it's time to cut them loose. My hope is that these bone samples are here to replace sweat and we can do away with the whole issue entirely.

They should invent a new form of free thing you can do in-game other than fishing - walking endlessly looking for fruit and stones (not fun). Sweating you can do mostly afk (nea's). This is why sweat price has fallen so much, I bet if they removed Ambulimax's and any other high hp mob >500 from sweating then the price of sweat would go up quite a lot after a while.

They could make a free system such as fishing that they were planning on making ages ago. I still have my trusty old fishing rod I looted from a combibo long long ago.

How it could work you may ask? You can get a fishing rod from a mission, 0.00 TT. The fisherman will give you an infinite "bait".
Fishing works anywhere there's sea. Certain area's will have different types of fish - You can only catch certain fishes with the newbie Fishing rod. With other fishing rods (gained from missions) you can catch bigger fish but only if you're fishing in a boat at the open sea :yay: finally a purpose to boats.

As for the fishing system itself that's up to MA I'm sure they'd think of something. Many "fails" before you can actually catch something so it's not easy to make free money. But it will give newbies something else to do other than sweating.

As for giving a purpose to the fish itself. Iron missions - Catch X amount of A,B,C,D,F,G fish. Reward: Better fishing rod (easier to catch, but decays) +X stamina tokens or other types of tokens, exchangeable for other rewards in a different NPC.

Fish -> refinables
Fish -> crafting ingredients
Fish -> pet food
Fishing for puny versions of existing fish
Whatever

There are plenty of ways to implement that, though I think I would have some small decay and bait costs associated, just so that it isn't completely free.

They should invent a new form of free thing you can do in-game other than fishing - walking endlessly looking for fruit and stones (not fun). Sweating you can do mostly afk (nea's). This is why sweat price has fallen so much, I bet if they removed Ambulimax's and any other high hp mob >500 from sweating then the price of sweat would go up quite a lot after a while.

Actually, that's a great idea. Any mob over 80 HP has "grown out of" its sweat-producing stage. With the sweatbots gone, it would at least be real people bringing in the sweat.

The key to any free activity that can bring PED is to make it not automatable. I was once a proponent of a puzzle solving excercise for every crafting click, but that was before MA made it possible to autocraft, autorepair etc. I think that ship has sailed.

Sorry it's not easier to remain in a game some of us invest thousands in.

back then there weren't any puny mobs to kill or lower guns then opalo (even for the opallo to be eco we used atleast a 104 amp), check the decay/hour+ammo for opalo +104 vs the new guns wich you can use on puny mobs..
If you want the sweat price to go down more, pls add a sweat quest!

I don't want sweat quest...put back the hands,dancing while sweating :D ...remove stupid tool VSE MKI or auto use tool on it....AFK bots will go away...I prefer to see swunt groups not AFK >>>>Turret.

Last edited:
Fish -> refinables
Fish -> crafting ingredients
Fish -> pet food
Fishing for puny versions of existing fish
Whatever

There are plenty of ways to implement that, though I think I would have some small decay and bait costs associated, just so that it isn't completely free.

and fish taming :laugh:

and fish taming :laugh:

Fish Taming:

Level 1 - Can feed fish.
Level 3 - Can lure fish to a certain place by pouring food in the water there.
Level 5 - Can lure fish to a certain place by making some underwater noise.
Level 8 - Can get fish to jump from the water by luring with food.
Level 9 - Can get fish to jump from the water by giving them food after.
Level 12 - Can get fish to jump through hoop by giving them food after.
Level 15 - Can get fish to lure enemy fish away.
Level 18 - Can teach fish to attack enemy fish.
Level 20 - Can teach fish to carry items for you.
Level 21 - Can ride fish.
Level 24 - Can teach fish to attack while you're riding it.
Level 25 - Can ride fish while jumping out of the water (instead of just underwater and at the surface).
Level 30 - Can teach fish second attack, giving him one Defensive and one Offensive mode.
Level 35 - Can attack while riding fish (while fish is also attacking).
Level 36 - Can attack even while fish is jumping (-10% hit ability during jumps).
Level 40 - Can teach fish to heal itself while attacking by eating the enemy fish.
Level 42 - Hit penalty when attacking while fish is jumping is reduced to -5%.
Level 45 - Can teach fish to loot enemies for you.
Level 50 - Can teach fish to do missions for you (kill x of x water mob, bring back loot).

Fish must learn abilities in the following order:
Eat > Jump > Attack > Carry items > Carry players > Be used as a war mount > Healing > Looting > Independent actions based on orders given.

Like that? :laugh:

Please, this topic is about sweat, not fish ;)

Good idea remove the sweat from creatures over 500Hp. Is chaos at Nea's do not know if is a good impression for a newbie to see all that mess.

Most people don't realize that sweat capped in the old days. Thus, sweating was an activity that you could engage in, but it "timed out." I remember I sweated every mob I killed before I killed it until it became dry or attacked me. I capped pretty quick. When people complain about the sweat price, these days, it makes me giggle a bit. Even at whatever miserable price its going for, now, sweating is an activity that some players choose to engage in for years. Sweating used to be a starting player's assistance program that ended. The reason the sweat price was so high was that most players couldn't actually sweat anymore, due to the cap. It was pretty obvious that MindArk wanted new players to be able to do something to earn a few PEDs on the generosity of older players, and teleportation was the the means for that exchange.

You want sweat prices to be high for new players? Bring back the cap. But, of course, that wouldn't serve the population of players that complain about sweat prices, cause they ALL couldn't sweat, anymore. I don't think sweating was ever intended to become the ONLY activity players engage in, long term. MindArk doesn't owe you a free ride. Want the sweat price to go up? Quit sweating. Sweating isn't worth the time you put into it because the sweat price is too low? Quit sweating. But don't come on a forum and complain about the state of sweating when you started playing in EU in 2006. That's a bit much. The reason that isn't working for you isn't that we're not paying enough for our teleportation or that more uses are needed for sweat.

I find the idea of having a mission where MA gives you free stuff for gathering a certain amount of free stuff to be a little absurd. However, if they do implement it, I hope they follow the system already in place. Since they give hunting skills for hunting missions, I assume that they would give sweat gathering skills for sweat gathering missions.

Most people don't realize that sweat capped in the old days. Thus, sweating was an activity that you could engage in, but it "timed out." I remember I sweated every mob I killed before I killed it until it became dry or attacked me. I capped pretty quick. When people complain about the sweat price, these days, it makes me giggle a bit. Even at whatever miserable price its going for, now, sweating is an activity that some players choose to engage in for years. Sweating used to be a starting player's assistance program that ended. The reason the sweat price was so high was that most players couldn't actually sweat anymore, due to the cap. It was pretty obvious that MindArk wanted new players to be able to do something to earn a few PEDs on the generosity of older players, and teleportation was the the means for that exchange.

You want sweat prices to be high for new players? Bring back the cap. But, of course, that wouldn't serve the population of players that complain about sweat prices, cause they ALL couldn't sweat, anymore. I don't think sweating was ever intended to become the ONLY activity players engage in, long term. MindArk doesn't owe you a free ride. Want the sweat price to go up? Quit sweating. Sweating isn't worth the time you put into it because the sweat price is too low? Quit sweating. But don't come on a forum and complain about the state of sweating when you started playing in EU in 2006. That's a bit much. The reason that isn't working for you isn't that we're not paying enough for our teleportation or that more uses are needed for sweat.

2,5-3 ped K is a fair price for a newbie...cost to kill a puny what is @4 pec...10 bottles=2,5-3pec ... If someone don't want to buy the sweat because price to high he can swunt in adj pixie combibos/cornundos/kerberos etc.. A cap on mob of sweat will be good that why we told all mob over 500 hp no more sweat... Are ways for newbies group swunt on combibos/cornundos etc....but AFK bots is disgusting...... For me was fun swunting combibos in 4 peeps... You see if bigger mobs does not give anymore sweat maybe shitloads will stop.

Last edited:
Back