Gold card reader - Please help if in UK

spendano

Hi there,

I made my entropia account a couple of years ago before my 18th birthday, and under instruction from a friend provided a false date of birth.

I realise this was wrong of me - I made a mistake and am possibly now going to pay the consequences.

I lost my gold card reader and so need to get a new one from MA. they need ID etc, with you DOB on. Obviously, my DOB on my ID card will be different to the one MA has on records.

I was basically wondering if MA will lock my account when they find out I lied about my age? Even though I am over 18 now? Any way I can get around this?

It would be absolutely gutting, but perfectly understandable if this is the case. I am completely in the wrong.

Cheers for any advice!

since the data isn't yours that you provided I doubt there is anything you can do, as you are not the owner of your account.
I know this sucks for you but I sure hope MA don't fix it as then what security is it..

PS. why did you have to enter false details because you were under 18? you are allowed to have a account from 13years old with parental permission. (which I seriously doubt they would ever demand to have written before letting you play)

I lost my gold card reader and so need to get a new one..

Only the reader or the card too?

If is just the reader then you can get that solved without MA.
And then you can inform MindArk via support that you made an typo in the birthday field (and provide documents to show your real date of birth).

Hi there,

I made my entropia account a couple of years ago before my 18th birthday, and under instruction from a friend provided a false date of birth.

I realise this was wrong of me - I made a mistake and am possibly now going to pay the consequences.

I lost my gold card reader and so need to get a new one from MA. they need ID etc, with you DOB on. Obviously, my DOB on my ID card will be different to the one MA has on records.

I was basically wondering if MA will lock my account when they find out I lied about my age? Even though I am over 18 now? Any way I can get around this?

It would be absolutely gutting, but perfectly understandable if this is the case. I am completely in the wrong.

Cheers for any advice!

Gold card readers are not account specific.
Borrow a GC reader from another player (some keep spares), and then once you can log into the website, order a new reader. The cost is 100PED + 150PED if you want registered delivery.
ID is not required for them to send you a new reader, though you should ensure that your address is correct ofc.

To correct your information, you will need to complete lodge an account holder information update form, available for download here: https://account.entropiauniverse.co...rt/Account_Holder_Information_Update_Form.pdf
The completed form, together with a color scanned copy of a government issued ID (where name and date-of-birth are clearly legible), and a utility bill (e.g. Electricity, Gas, Cable, Water, Land Line or Telephone bill) where the address matches the Entropia Universe account information should be sent to the following address:

MindArk PE AB
Attn: Support Dept.
Järntorget 8
SE-41304 Gothenburg
SWEDEN

See FAQ here: https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/account-issues/account-maintenance/
They'll do manual checks etc, and update your information if they're convinced you are indeed the actual account holder.

PS. why did you have to enter false details because you were under 18? you are allowed to have a account from 13years old with parental permission. (which I seriously doubt they would ever demand to have written before letting you play)

I don't have a clue! Apparently I was a very unobservant little man!

Only the reader or the card too?

If is just the reader then you can get that solved without MA.
And then you can inform MindArk via support that you made an typo in the birthday field (and provide documents to show your real date of birth).

Just the reader. Though I don't have enough PEDs on my account to purchase a new one, and you need the GC to deposit! Wish you could purchase a new one using RL currency, would make this a whole lot easier!

Do you reckon if I informed them I made a typo while also supplying the documents to get the new GC, they would accept that? Or would they not as it didn't match up/they wouldn't believe me?

Thanks guys for the replies! Much appreciated!

Gold card readers are not account specific.
Borrow a GC reader from another player (some keep spares), and then once you can log into the website, order a new reader. The cost is 100PED + 150PED if you want registered delivery.
ID is not required for them to send you a new reader, though you should ensure that your address is correct ofc.

To correct your information, you will need to complete lodge an account holder information update form, available for download here: https://account.entropiauniverse.co...rt/Account_Holder_Information_Update_Form.pdf
The completed form, together with a color scanned copy of a government issued ID (where name and date-of-birth are clearly legible), and a utility bill (e.g. Electricity, Gas, Cable, Water, Land Line or Telephone bill) where the address matches the Entropia Universe account information should be sent to the following address:

MindArk PE AB
Attn: Support Dept.
Järntorget 8
SE-41304 Gothenburg
SWEDEN

See FAQ here: https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/account-issues/account-maintenance/
They'll do manual checks etc, and update your information if they're convinced you are indeed the actual account holder.

Thanks Serica! Good to know all is not lost! Now to find someone with a spare reader I could buy... any ideas?

Thanks Serica! Good to know all is not lost! Now to find someone with a spare reader I could buy... any ideas?

Try posting here the country/city near which you live, and ask if anyone lives locally to you, I guess.

You can arrange a meet by private message.

Try posting here the country/city near which you live, and ask if anyone lives locally to you, I guess.

You can arrange a meet by private message.

Cheers! I live in London - if anyone is interested in helping me out - then please PM! Much appreciated!

/mod note/ Moved thread to Security forum, and renamed it.

Hi there,

Cheers for any advice!

Hope it works out for you.
I completely understand your situation, and I could easily have been in the same situation, but didn't in the case with Entropia.

PS. why did you have to enter false details because you were under 18?
Imo, it's a good and sound standard reaction, to fill in garbage info, when websites request information they don't need. I hate it when they do that. It's none of their business, and there's waaayyy too much personal information floating around out there on the webs.

Maybe I'm being silly, but for example, there's no way I'm gotta tell Microsoft my phone number. Ever!. Though they ask it every time I log in on my 15 years old Hotmail account.

Sometimes it turns out the information is actually used. As in this case. Hard to know beforehand.

I'll insist on not telling random websites my birth date, or whatever else stupid information they require. Though I might end up in same situation as OP some day.

PS. Sorry for the slightly off-topic rant. :laugh:

I have a spare GC reader I'm prepared to lend out drop me a PM if you're interested.

Imo, it's a good and sound standard reaction, to fill in garbage info, when websites request information they don't need. I hate it when they do that. It's none of their business, and there's waaayyy too much personal information floating around out there on the webs.

I often do the same thing except where I know when I'm going to be using financial information, i.e. Amazon, EU (but then I knew before hand about depositing) or it's for work purposes, unless it's a forum then anything goes ;) name, country, continent - Bill Clinton has accounts on many forums ;) all linked to a spam riddled yahoo account.

I did a google search for my real name and two posts I made on a news group nearly 20 years ago popped up

Last edited:
I often do the same thing except where I know when I'm going to be using financial information, i.e. Amazon, EU (but then I knew before hand about depositing) or it's for work purposes, unless it's a forum then anything goes ;) name, country, continent - Bill Clinton has accounts on many forums ;) all linked to a spam riddled yahoo account.

I did a google search for my real name and two posts I made on a news group nearly 20 years ago popped up
Exactly. ;)

And actually MA doesn't really need to know much about you, until you want to withdraw money. I never imagined I would, when I created my account, so I could easily have been in the same situation.

Back