Graphic tweak.

Falklol

Young
Hello. I saw a youtube video where someone had tweaked the cfg or ini files to improve the graphics. There's a forum thread about it, but it's all in french (http://www.entropiafrance.com/forum/section-daide/3034-configurer-le-ce2.html) so I can't understand what it says. He mentions the cfg file is supposed to be located in My Documents, but I've searched both my documents and my PE's main folder. I would love some help with this, thanks.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mqhEsyLPMI&feature=related

C:\Documents and settings\all users\shared documents\entropia universe

you are looking for a file settings-ce.cfg

it can be edited with notepad but I would be sure you make a back up of orginal BEFORE you play in this.

Also look around interwebs as there are descriptions of what the settings do and their ranges.

I have modded mine and play well with decent graphics on a asus z96 laptop with only a core2 duo processer 2.3 ghz 2 gig ddr2 ram , and an ati x1600 gfx card with 512 meg ram on it.

if you don't know where to find the file.. you shouldn't mess with it when someone tells you where it is :) , and i believe MA do not allow editing of the cfg.

if you don't know where to find the file.. you shouldn't mess with it when someone tells you where it is :) , and i believe MA do not allow editing of the cfg.

This issue was posted on before when VU 10 first came out..

It was stated to change this at your own risk.

I have helped many people with this that asked who could not even see a thing but grey ava's and grey lands like all was done in claymation...the screenies are what I play with now after editing the file... beats hell outta sitting at home with my thumb up my ass not getting to play.

I dont even lag bad in New Swittzerland with all the lagweeds there.

play with problems, or play without .. your choice my friend.

"editing is not recommended", any official statement saying "at your own risk"?, besides.. we don't yet know what "falklols'" reason is for wanting to edit cfg, yes yes it's to improve gfx, but from what state.....and to what end...

Does falk have high end PC that can accept changes?.. i know if i tweaked my cfg to improve gfx my PC would run EU unstable.. etc etc..it's not all black and white case of here ya go, do what you like with cfg.

Last edited by a moderator:
doesnt matte what level his pc is. There are settings in there that help make the game more playable and manage resources better..

there are settings in there that could be personal prefrence...

Use em to your advantage for less lag and system resource drain or not.. the choice is yours...well actually his as it is his thread.

Someone asked a question I answered it with good info regarding his question..I wish all my questions got answered that effectively in here.

doesnt matte what level his pc is. There are settings in there that help make the game more playable and manage resources better..

Use em to your advantage for less lag and system resource drain or not.. the choice is yours...well actually his as it is his thread.

Someone asked a question I answered it with good info regarding his question..I wish all my questions got answered that effectively in here.

Not answered effectively... efficiently maybe, i don't mean to go on and on... blah blah, but if it i could get EU running good and with enhanced gfxthe way it's intended by simply altering cfg.. why the hell would i need to buy a new PC? The chances are that falklol can get away with altering cfg and get the result he/she wants.. but i can tell you now.. it won't work for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude whats yer fuckin issue?

Take a deep breath, relax yer puckering string.

I never stated it was to replace hardware.. I only stated that I know ways that May help him with what he wants to do. If Faklol wishes to know more he can pm me and I can send him a file that will help no matter what system he runs and explain what I changed, why I changed it , and how it effects the game. Whether it makes it the best the game is designed to be is irrelevent no one asked for that NOR stated it was possible.

how about writing a guide :)

Back