News: Halloween Mayhem 2023

Come one guys, just give a Mindark break and some time! This mayhem event is new and it will have alot of issues on the begining. Its not like this event is hosted for few years that all issues could be fixed and I quarantee you that after this one Mindark will draw conclusions, fix all errors and at Christmas Mayhem there will be no lag and no other issues, right?

RIGHT!??

You are absolutely right, they never had a 2023 Halloween Mayhem before!

just saying but bots are now better at this then humans
when you build a fence you don't judge its effectiveness on whether it keeps everyone out - it is impossible to keep everyone out.

when you build a fence what you are doing is increasing the level of effort and motivation required for someone to enter a place. you reduce their number and frequency.

but honestly i think it's fairly clear that MA doesn't really care about botting. so its a waste of concern

Code:
Looted    Avatar    Timestamp
Halloween Ring 2022    Chantra TheProfit Moneymaker    Fri, 27 Oct 2023 22:32:23

MindArk are such an amateurs... I literally have no words....

Code:
Halloween Ring 2022    Chantra TheProfit Moneymaker    Fri, 27 Oct 2023 22:32:23

yes but is it new ring that's not been named correctly or old one ...still a boo boo :)

edit:
guess it can't be new named incorrectly then there would be two different rings with same name :)

Even with the same name the new ring should have a different ID than the old 2022 one... which should have registered as a discovery of a new item, whereas there is only a rare item entry in the HoF list...

:dunno:

Also, no two different hallo22 rings in the available section of the auction.

People looting halloween ring 2022 still, lags out of fucking order everywhere you go. One question to MA, is it really that fucking hard to employ people that are absolutely not incomfuckingpetent? Is it really??? Just get right people that are competent to make sure everything goes to plan. Fuck me... Its not that hard !!!!

People looting halloween ring 2022 still, lags out of fucking order everywhere you go. One question to MA, is it really that fucking hard to employ people that are absolutely not incomfuckingpetent? Is it really??? Just get right people that are competent to make sure everything goes to plan. Fuck me... Its not that hard !!!!
They've all been replaced by AI, this is what you get with budget ChatGPT

Code:

In past they replaced your ring, its not first time happening, just need to report it.

In past they replaced your ring, its not first time happening, just need to report it.
I was wondering, can you choose to keep the old one? If so this is a feature!

It can be as there are 4 or more [Human Skull] different shape and mu but same name .
Anything is possible when it's EU 🤣
I thought they were all the same human skull but in different stages of "decay", it all depends on TT%?!

its not only the players to handle...since hallo mayhem are solo istances..there have to be instances set for every1...that sums up
you can divide instances to another server/place etc..but still a lot of ressources needed to handle that all imo

its not only the players to handle...since hallo mayhem are solo istances..there have to be instances set for every1...that sums up
you can divide instances to another server/place etc..but still a lot of ressources needed to handle that all imo
It's 2023 and MindArk is still coding under the Procedural Programming Paradigm causing this mess of Spaghetti Code and hasn't yet implemented Auto Scaling and Load Balancing.

[Moderated: Removed rule violation]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's 2023 and MindArk is still coding under the Procedural Programming Paradigm causing this mess of Spaghetti Code and hasn't yet implemented Auto Scaling and Load Balancing.
And here I thought MA did TDD (Test Driven Development)
First, know what to implement
Then implement incorrectly and push to live
Then wait for feedback, when support and forum start glowing then you know the test failed successfully,
Now implement correctly and push to live, when support and forum stops glowing you know the test was completed successfully
TDD in nutshell

Last edited by a moderator:
And here I thought MA did TDD (Test Driven Development)
First, know what to implement
Then implement incorrectly and push to live
Then wait for feedback, when support and forum start glowing then you know the test failed successfully,
Now implement correctly and push to live, when support and forum stops glowing you know the test was completed successfully
TDD in nutshell
even just a deployment checklist would solve most of these problems.

what things have to be checked for halloween mayhem?

1. based on projected users from previous mayhems and rolling 6 month numbers, is server capacity adequate?
2. is the main annihilation mission done?
3. is the cosmetic npc working?
4. do the boxes look right, and are the contents right?
5. do the monsters look/act right, and do they drop the right stuff?

as the TDD statement above alluded to, at least a few of these are easily testable with automated tests

this simply shows a lack of attention to detail

Any news from MA yet about extending the event for 24 hours at least? Because of the failed start and then loot lags maintance etc.

Any news from MA yet about extending the event for 24 hours at least? Because of the failed start and then loot lags maintance etc.
And also maybe put some actual items in the vendor?

Back