Question: Has camping a mob stopped paying?

sitram

Marauder
Society
Agents of Entropy
Adrian Adi Martis
Lately I experience very low tt returns when I camp a mob. I'm talking here of more then 1-2k ped cycled on that mob, but somewhere around 20-30k ped a month.

Has camping a mob stopped paying in EU? :scratch2:

Is this a measure from MA to discourage long term campers of a certain mob or am I just in a very bad loot phase?

Feel free to share your opinions.

Thanks,
Sitram

Maybe your previous spate of extreme good luck is balancing out.

'camping=special loot' is a superstition

Hmmm I have experienced the opposite.

I am camping mobs more now because of the iron mission and feel that runs are sometimes very good. even globalling on rippersnappers.

I also feel that non-iron mobs are down in their lootpools because ppl stop hunting them . Take drones for example.

Camping never started working for me, so no idea if it stopped :girl:

Some actual campers would be nice to give their opinion :)

What I mean is that lately I feel that as soon as I start hunting the same mob for a few weeks in a row loot starts to get worse and worse. I'm not referring here at getting ubers or some special items on that mob Immortal.

Only advantage camping has ever really had is that it reduces the amount of variety that you get back - which in turn makes it easier to profit as your multiple small stack returns add up to a big stack eventually as it's not all over the place if you were just randomly hitting all sorts of mobs all over the place. As far as actual returns goes, the theory is that if you just keep on keeping on eventually you'll get back to break even period, but having enough peds to do that is now harder then it used to be since the good loot waves are further apart for both campers and noncampers.

Reactions: Wed
Recently I started to think that the important thing is not hunt a specific mob for a long time but the expense in that period, regardless of the mob. My feeling is that the expense acumulated by the avatar in the cycle will improve the odds of getting one or a small set of globals. When this cycle ends begins a new one from the start so the odds of getting a good loot is much lower, until the level of expenditures for improving those odds again. If this were so, the mob will determine which objects or stacks constitute the loot. While the cumulative expenditure in the cycle will determine the chances of getting a simple loot, a "mini", a global, HoF or ATH.

Some actual campers would be nice to give their opinion :)

What I mean is that lately I feel that as soon as I start hunting the same mob for a few weeks in a row loot starts to get worse and worse. I'm not referring here at getting ubers or some special items on that mob Immortal.

And what was your loot like "before", camping vs non camping ,minus ubers and markup

my experience has always been longer term loot phases lasting 30-120K peds that really did not matter if I camped a mob or did a ton of stuff. My last bad phase was 200K cycled at 80% tt avg I just got over that about a month ago and loots been back to a normal 90%

I really believe in 90% tt anyone who beats that prob will pay one day for the TT plus. Mindarks not in the business of paying peds to folks for kicks.

my experience is it hasnt stopped paying, you just have to watch the cycles and you can still get into a rut. change area can help. or know when to just log off, which is for me one of the biggest advantages of camping.

Camping never started working for me, so no idea if it stopped :girl:

same here :dunce: camped long on trox but nada ...

... and the whorst i still try em from time to time :laugh:

I actually feel like it,
I tryed to do some quests but loot has been really bad to allow me to do so
I'll keep an eye in here

And what was your loot like "before", camping vs non camping ,minus ubers and markup

I was always a fan of camping a mob. This gave me the opportunity to optimize in time the gear used, keep peds stuck only in the stackables looted from that mob and I could easily reach higher amount of those small high markup stackables like generic components, paints, extractors looted to sell them.

Even if I got into bad loot phases and my average return dropped close to 80% shortly after either a small hof or a streak of globals would bring me back to 90%.

Now those compensatory loots or streak of globals are very rare and my records in excel shows that too.

I was always a fan of camping a mob. This gave me the opportunity to optimize in time the gear used, keep peds stuck only in the stackables looted from that mob and I could easily reach higher amount of those small high markup stackables like generic components, paints, extractors looted to sell them.

Even if I got into bad loot phases and my average return dropped close to 80% shortly after either a small hof or a streak of globals would bring me back to 90%.

Now those compensatory loots or streak of globals are very rare and my records in excel shows that too.

Whether you are a fan or not does not answer the question. You must have hard data that shows how camping and not camping the same mob produced different results.

"compensatory loot"=superstition

Haha, uber luck going away ? :D

I hope so...

Maybe you've been hitting the downcycles alot lately. You did have some good luck before, but that would tend to even out on average. So, yeah, MA trying to do stuff is abit of a superstition.

Some

id say camping changed..i have 1 loot(2.6k) over 500 ped in the whole last year of 2010
with all the grinding ive done on sumimas/scips/aurlis...1 lousy hof
i just never hof

in 2006-2009 lootpatterns sure did seem different

Whether you are a fan or not does not answer the question. You must have hard data that shows how camping and not camping the same mob produced different results.

"compensatory loot"=superstition

Kinda hard to compare data from camping and not camping the same mob. In fact, can you help me understand how I can record data from not camping a mob?:scratch2:

I'll try to rephrase my question because either you can't understand or you don't want to understand it.

Did you or anyone experienced a difference in loot return while camping a mob compared to hunting different mobs?

My feeling is that hunting various mobs yields much less fluctuation in tt return compared to camping a certain mob.
Maybe as soon as you start camping a mob you get into a different loot pattern and you start building a deficit in tt return which will later be return as an higher loot in a different profession?

After all we have quite a few examples of ppl who intensely practiced one profession or camped a certain mob, but hit a big loot in a different area or different mob. One example that comes to my mind now is shoti's ATH on proteron after crafting for quite a long time without any high loot.

Immortal, this thread is aimed as an invitation to discussion and sharing ideas. My intention is not to complain about my loss or profit in EU. Please try to be constructive because from your past posts I feel like you're trying really hard to act like a smartass :)

You might have not noticed but people generally don't like you because of your non-normal luck. ;)

So we love when you post how your camping is not paying off :D

Kinda hard to compare data from camping and not camping the same mob. In fact, can you help me understand how I can record data from not camping a mob?:scratch2:

I'll try to rephrase my question because either you can't understand or you don't want to understand it.

Did you or anyone experienced a difference in loot return while camping a mob compared to hunting different mobs?

My feeling is that hunting various mobs yields much less fluctuation in tt return compared to camping a certain mob.
Maybe as soon as you start camping a mob you get into a different loot pattern and you start building a deficit in tt return which will later be return as an higher loot in a different profession?

After all we have quite a few examples of ppl who intensely practiced one profession or camped a certain mob, but hit a big loot in a different area or different mob. One example that comes to my mind now is shoti's ATH on proteron after crafting for quite a long time without any high loot.

Immortal, this thread is aimed as an invitation to discussion and sharing ideas. My intention is not to complain about my loss or profit in EU. Please try to be constructive because from your past posts I feel like you're trying really hard to act like a smartass :)

Camping does nothing for me. I have traditionally done better when I jump around and not wear out my welcome in any one place. But these 90% returns people talk about. Man I have`nt seen that since like 2007. Are we playing the same game?

It's up to you to provide me with the definition ,since it's you who claims that camping (instead of not camping) gives a different return rate. You should be able to instantly give me return values of say .94 vs .89 If you don't have this data, then I am going to assume you are victim of your own selective memory.

For every example you could possibly provide, there is an example with the complete opposite conclusion that I could provide, from my own data of 1Mped+ tracked, and from knowledge of my societies' activity and loots for the last three years. My "sharing of ideas" is that your theory of loot is complete superstition. It is up to you to provide data that shows it is not.

Unlike you I do not assume that "camping a mob gives better return". So for me to give your hypothesis any more credit, you need to prove your statement.

If you don't, then I can assume you are inviting comments only from people who believe the same superstition as you do, and thus have your hands affixed firmly in front of your eyes and sing lalala loudly to yourself.

If you are reffering to Muluk which u seem to camp, I could say by looking at ET we an see some other ppl camping them and probably doing a little more cycling on them than you, im thining Andrey wants that 1st place on all time looter list :silly2:.
Maybe that is one of the reasons why you are not hiting lucky, together with nice luck u had in past.
But than again it could be piling up for another bigone :D

Back