Question: Have attributes been soft capped at 100?

my two cents which seems like more a wrench in the spokes is --

I've been grinding for 3 weeks and have gone from 34 agi to 43 agi, 9 points in three weeks

Even if there is no cap, I assume attributes work on the same diminishing returns policy that every other skill does

Why would returns drop so dramatically when reaching 80 or 90? It seems, given the minor slowdown I've experienced, that my next 9 points might take a month or month and a half, but they certainly won't take 4-6 months and I can't imagine it slowing down to a point a year before hitting around 150.

But I grind 6-14 hours a day atm
:yay:hi everyone!

At low skills it is hard to see just how slow it gets at the higher skills. Ask any player with 80+ agility, they will all tell you you're miles off there.

...attributes work on the same diminishing returns policy that every other skill does...Why would returns drop so dramatically when reaching 80 or 90?

LOOT is not mentioned, only diminishing returns, in this case I assume the skill value increase that's required to fulfill each subsequent level just like every other rpg in the world
Maybe if you weren't confused, started cursing people out

wtf's attributes got to do with your return's policy? ...that's plain idiocy imo.

and then started running your mouth without provocation

Read more before posting

then I wouldn't be upset. But I'm not going to care about it anymore because it's all but ruined this thread (also being my first one) and you're simply not worth it.
:wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg:

Ok my bad I'm out. Said what I needed to say, nothing more to add.

Now back on topic...

Basicly i think the whole idea with +1 attribute gain is really really bad. In my opinion it should be proportional gain to your actual level - similar as it is with skills awarded now - you get specified amount in TT worth of skills instead of +X points in skill.
Curent system puts in real favor players that have already high skills (which used to be easier to obtain long time ago - that what i heard). So now gap between new low level player and high end uber player gets even bigger:
- old player had opportunity to get attributes much easier.
- if new player wants to get the same benefit from +1 point in attribute he needs to get the attribute to similar level as old player (which is curently impossible) - otherwise he wont benefit so much as old player.
- old player is (probably) able to do all the iron/bronze missions - he already have skills and gear for it to hunt even the hardest mobs.

As you can see clearly the gap is growing. Do not get me wrong - i understand that the old player has probably invested in this game and is the reason why this game actually still exists so he should have benefits. I am ok with that he can do all the missions right away and for new player before he is able to even touch for example aranea, he will have to work his way up. But i really hate the difference in benefit of getting +1 attribute.
As someone mentioned - new players should restrain as long as possible from doing any attribute missions. This way he is even longer still a weak player - probably forever.

Personally i have set myself a border to get all attributes at least +50 (except stamina of course) and at least one attribute to +60 before i will start any iron missions. I really do not think this was intention of MA - why i should not grind some weak mobs mission right now? If the system would be proportional - i am sure i would be grinding any mission mob i am able to kill = profit for MA, satisfaction and impression i do not loose anything compared to uber players for me.

Problem is - even if now MA would decide to do it proportional it owuld be really hard (or even impossible) to scale actual gains of +1 that have already been achieved to the proportional way.

Just my 2pec.

Falagor
:bandit:

Now back on topic...

Basicly i think the whole idea with +1 attribute gain is really really bad. In my opinion it should be proportional gain to your actual level - similar as it is with skills awarded now - you get specified amount in TT worth of skills instead of +X points in skill.
Curent system puts in real favor players that have already high skills (which used to be easier to obtain long time ago - that what i heard). So now gap between new low level player and high end uber player gets even bigger:
- if new player wants to get the same benefit from +1 point in attribute he needs to get the attribute to similar level as old player (which is curently impossible) - otherwise he wont benefit so much as old player.
- old player is (probably) able to do all the iron/bronze missions - he already have skills and gear for it to hunt even the hardest mobs.

As you can see clearly the gap is growing. Do not get me wrong - i understand that the old player has probably invested in this game and is the reason why this game actually still exists so he should have benefits. I am ok with that he can do all the missions right away and for new player before he is able to even touch for example aranea, he will have to work his way up. But i really hate the difference in benefit of getting +1 attribute.
As someone mentioned - new players should restrain as long as possible from doing any attribute missions. This way he is even longer still a weak player - probably forever.

Personally i have set myself a border to get all attributes at least +50 (except stamina of course) and at least one attribute to +60 before i will start any iron missions. I really do not think this was intention of MA - why i should not grind some weak mobs mission right now? If the system would be proportional - i am sure i would be grinding any mission mob i am able to kill = profit for MA, satisfaction and impression i do not loose anything compared to uber players for me.

Problem is - even if now MA would decide to do it proportional it owuld be really hard (or even impossible) to scale actual gains of +1 that have already been achieved to the proportional way.

Just my 2pec.

Falagor

All depend how you look at it.
After many nerfs today attributes lost a lot of ingame effects like run speed and similar.
Attributes influence on professions is wery small now - maybe 2% in most cases.
Old players had almost 10 years time to constantly deposit and skill up.
We cant full predict what will happen with today newcomers after 10 years in game.
Because MA change things.
Because MA nerf ubers.
Normal gains on high lvl are so nerfed that sooner or later newcomers will meet that level until old players dont have any progress at all.
MA do many changes for that.
Old players hunted with unmaxed weapons ( wich max at lvl 100 ) and nowdays new comers have easy to max sib weapons.
Old players needed in average a year or more to get on 2k rifle, now any noob with good gun can do it in one week.
Old players needed to get on 5700 elecro to max out wormhole chip and much more to max out electro and pyro big chips.
Today those requeremnts are a lot lovered and evry second noob can play with them with no real effort.
Players dont need to unlock power catalyst.
To unlock force merge i had to be at lvl 65 HIT ( more than 8k in electro ) profession, today is enought to get with dmg there what is a lot easyer because other proffession contribute alot to damage lvl .
I cud say that its unfair too that any noob can skill with ME from TT and max alll top chips with no time and maybe spending only 10% of peds needed to do it before and to not forget that all chips lost a lot of MU too because of MA actions.
Same go for other professions
Investigator profession ? Scan human, robot, animal, mutant ..
Yes noob cant unlock robotology or scientist.
But who care - old players are screwed too for all time and peds they burned by scaning - not to talk about ES500 rain and nerf.

Attributes as prof of someone efficiency or abilyties are no longer valid measures.
MA change things too much ( skills, item stats, mob stats... ) to have them as comparable static values for measurement.

All avas with hig attributes are practicaly caped with line of attributes that basicaly do not move for years.
So have patience - today newcomer will get there after 10 years of depositing and skilling.
But maybe im wrong - is hard to get so devoted and patient new players nowdays.

Reactions: Mac
All depend how you look at it.
After many nerfs today attributes lost a lot of ingame effects like run speed and similar.
Attributes influence on professions is wery small now - maybe 2% in most cases.
Old players had almost 10 years time to constantly deposit and skill up.
We cant full predict what will happen with today newcomers after 10 years in game.
Because MA change things.
Because MA nerf ubers.
Normal gains on high lvl are so nerfed that sooner or later newcomers will meet that level until old players dont have any progress at all.
MA do many changes for that.
Old players hunted with unmaxed weapons ( wich max at lvl 100 ) and nowdays new comers have easy to max sib weapons.
Old players needed in average a year or more to get on 2k rifle, now any noob with good gun can do it in one week.
Old players needed to get on 5700 elecro to max out wormhole chip and much more to max out electro and pyro big chips.
Today those requeremnts are a lot lovered and evry second noob can play with them with no real effort.
Players dont need to unlock power catalyst.
To unlock force merge i had to be at lvl 65 HIT ( more than 8k in electro ) profession, today is enought to get with dmg there what is a lot easyer because other proffession contribute alot to damage lvl .
I cud say that its unfair too that any noob can skill with ME from TT and max alll top chips with no time and maybe spending only 10% of peds needed to do it before and to not forget that all chips lost a lot of MU too because of MA actions.
Same go for other professions
Investigator profession ? Scan human, robot, animal, mutant ..
Yes noob cant unlock robotology or scientist.
But who care - old players are screwed too for all time and peds they burned by scaning - not to talk about ES500 rain and nerf.

Attributes as prof of someone efficiency or abilyties are no longer valid measures.
MA change things too much ( skills, item stats, mob stats... ) to have them as comparable static values for measurement.

All avas with hig attributes are practicaly caped with line of attributes that basicaly do not move for years.
So have patience - today newcomer will get there after 10 years of depositing and skilling.
But maybe im wrong - is hard to get so devoted and patient new players nowdays.

I agree with all you have said :). Old players should benefit in some way - but i think it should be solved in some other way than it is now. Like i said - i feel that i should not be doing any iron mission for now - and i think this is not what the intention of the missions was. Whats more - i do not hunt ANY iron mission mobs because i am aware that when i will finally decide to start them - i will have more then enough of hunting them.

But if what i heard somewhere that MA plans to do iron mission on every mob there is - then this should not even matter too much. Also now there are iron and bronze... it looks to me there is a silver and gold comming up (of course not too soon).

Oh well - for people that still wonder if they shoudl start doing attribute missions or not - my advice is to set personal border (certain minimal attributes you must have) before starting those missions :).

Falagor

Oh well - for people that still wonder if they shoudl start doing attribute missions or not - my advice is to set personal border (certain minimal attributes you must have) before starting those missions :).

Falagor
For me Fal, I had to get all my attributes to 40 and above before starting to me that seemed exceptable, now trying to get them all to 50 skilling+gains. Probably getting them all to 60-70 will be a serious challenge.

Only really old players.

I don't think it's worth losing too much sleep over to be honest. Yes, it's a slight advantage to the older players. But it's a tiny advantage because attributes have only a little impact. And all the while you're missing out on the nice rewards at the end of the chains. The Longtooth/Exa mission for instance got me well over a profession level of Evader and Dodger, and close to 2HP. That's probably more benefit to me than all the attributes you can gain from missions combined.

Back