Have i been hacked?

Document/Entropia Universe /chat and private_chat 1,33 GB atm. Firste entry for Private_chat "2020-12-26 12:58:34 [FROM: xxx xxx xxx] 4 pec per point" and for chat "2020-12-18 16:16:10 [#calytrade] [xxx xxx xxx] WTB ALL FFA STARS"
So that is what I said earlier. Your chat log is stored on your computer. Your statement "Thats wrong..." doesn´t make any sense in that case.

the chat.log indeed is local. it mostly contains chats (duhh) and system msgs. like "you received bla" or " healed for blubb". PE writes to it constantly but only on that machine. i.e. switching to play on PC from laptop, you'll see completely different chat logs. I think I've seen a green msg in in ingame chat when you conclude a trade? if so it'll be in the chat.log too. but since his computer likely wasn't used for the hack, it doesn't help :(

@whiteknut

"Thats wrong" is only about the size of the log.. nothing more, besides that my thinking was wrong and i apologize for that !

Regards/Flash

Here's what probably happened you had discord running in the background you probably entropia has the terrible habit while running in full screen and where you have to type password to actually type the password in whatever is running in the background . So im guessing you actually typed your password in discord chat. Someone used it and emptied your account.

Here's what probably happened you had discord running in the background you probably entropia has the terrible habit while running in full screen and where you have to type password to actually type the password in whatever is running in the background . So im guessing you actually typed your password in discord chat. Someone used it and emptied your account.
I Don't use discord so it wasn't that. It was some kind of leak I guess. MA Support.
It's been over 2 weeks now and they don't even reply my support cases asking questions.
They have fired 25 people working there, for AI to help the remaining staff to work more efficient.
This company is going down so whatever. I will chip out my skills and give to someone. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can they just make the 2fa mandatory on every account then we can stop hearing stories like this?

Can they just make the 2fa mandatory on every account then we can stop hearing stories like this?
Ask them and you might get the answear from their excellent support?

Have you tried to see what's in your chatlog, I've never looked in it so don't know what's in there!
might be worth a try !?
If someone else got into the account on another computer, they'd be nothing in the chat log. It's a local "as it happens" thing

Perhaps a compromise would be a very clear statement on sign up that anyone who doesn't use a form of 2FA such as Gold Card or the mobile app will not be supported in the event of a breach? I imagine new players would probably elect not to bother so MA could have a policy of sending a clear email reminder when a user's account reaches a certain TT value? e.g. something similar to the value at which they offerered free gold cards in the past. I can't remember what that was though... might have even been total deposits over a certain number of PED?

Victim blaming.

Yea, he didn't protect himself, but he isn't the one who did the hacking. Being vulnerable does not mean full guilt.

Id rather do what you call victim blaming, and letting someone know where THEY went wrong and what they can do to avoid that in the future. If he is gone he's gone but this problem isn't unique to entropia. So I'm not finna tell a victim 'you poor thing'. That does nothing for the victim. And calling the perpetrator a sack of shit does nothing either, I'm sure that guy knows hes a sack of shit and did it anyway.

I'd agree as well if 2FA is all the best in life for keeping your account safe, it should be forced or strongly recommended with the downsides o not using it be much more elaborated on with account signup/paying into the game. When my account got locked due to suspicious activity, personally I was suprised they had nothing in the way of locking or flagging recent transactions as well. When a company knows you are doing something unusual from tracking everything, that just locks your account knowing something fishy has gone on, means not much interest in client safety. I was more upset over customer service and lack of concern or interest than the actual hack. Especially knowing I had to resend information to have it unlocked, what was the point. If they do not trust you at that point... Dead end process, poor quality assurance. To me it means hacking is encouraged... A nice way to help prop up revenues maybe as well.

Still using my Gold Card...works fine

Back