Question: Have you done the "Thule" tutorial?

Have you done the "Thule" tutorial?

• No - Wish I could have but I joined Entropia before "Thule"

• No - Born in PA and did just fine

• No - I skipped it entirely

• Yes - Oh my god it was way too long!

• Yes - And it was really boring and I thought I wasn't going to like the game

• Yes - Too much to read; skipped through a lot of it

• Yes - Got stuck and left prematurely or didn't make it through to the end

• Yes - I got lost/disoriented/confused in there

• Yes - Too much information; taught me things I didn't care or need to learn about

• Yes - And I still didn't know anything about the game after finishing it

• Yes - But Thule's linear style didn't prepare me for Entropia's open-world concept

• Yes - And it was okay; it provided me with the basics of gameplay and got me started

• Yes - And it was VERY good, a life saver!

• (Please remember to share which Thule tutorial you did exactly)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
If you don't know what Thule is, here is a fairly recent (2021) walkthrough:

This is the latest iteration of it, before that, there was a much longer tutorial on Thule that required a lot more reading and also showed people the basics of mining and maybe some other stuff.

I'm interested in knowing how many of the people here have done it, and how many haven't. And while we're here, might as well collect some feedback on it so if you have done the Thule tutorial, go ahead and pick all the statements you agree with below. However since there were different versions, we'll need to know which one you did, the winter version with the snow in it, or the bright sunny day version. Please reply in the thread and say which one it was, or just give the year that you did the Thule tutorial.

Thank you

YAWN!! uhah what did u say ? did
someone say something about jobs? noo probably not must have been dreaming.. YAWN !

If we are expecting an influx if new players with the new engine I really hope they have a more indepth tutorial. There are whole swaths of mechanics that aren't even touched on. Specifically skills and professions, and interpreting weapon info data, understanding SIB periods and proper weapon selection i think is the biggest failure of the current tutorial system. The failure to explain this mechanic costs a lot of new players their PED.

Also how the basic economy works (TT in vs TT out) and differentiating between TT and MU.

As a fairly active mentor these two things are probably the most common deficiencies I see with new players.

Edit. Also I didn't actually know that they changed the tutorial recently. The one I am familiar with which I did myself and helped a few disciples through was the one in the video.

My answer was a mix between

Yes - And I still didn't know anything about the game after finishing it

Yes - And it was okay; it provided me with the basics of gameplay and got me started

Last edited:
It's been along time, I'm not voting here. I may have done more than one iteration of this?

As with pretty much anything, when they released it the missions were available for everyone. I'm not honestly sure if that's the entire 'tutorial' of if there was more.

I barely remember it but there was also a tool where you could view your avatar in various clothes or other gear, IIRC, that people could go to thule and use.

I used to go in there and hunt sometimes, too. Before they added the little mutants and other stuff up around corinth and the keys.

I recall doing it when it was first added when they opened it fur everyone to try. (If memory serves).

I recall the tutorials not really being accurate to how the games works though. And yes I skipped the text, I always skip the text for game missions. They are dull and there is no depth to the npc characters.

Just wish they would have made a clone of it that all avatars could go back to. It was nice chasing puny that had different shapes and sizes than the regular Calypso ones.

Anyone else here done the thule tutorial?

Interesting results so far

my memory of it is pretty vague but I remember it more or less showing me the ropes of the most basic stuff. though i stopping almost immediately after leaving the tutorial and didn't login for a couple years later so i forgot everything :)

"Yes - And I still didn't know anything about the game after finishing it"

that got 10% of votes?! holy shit what do players want as a tutorial? "press w to move forward" type of crap?

Back