HELP! Security code window

Casay

Stalker
Society
Damage Inc.
Casay Casay Onyx
Hey all, need some help here or ideas as to what in the world is going on. When security code window for gold card pops up I cannot type in any letters/characters , only numbers!!!!!!!!!

Characters and my keyboard works for any other program and to type in my main password on main log in screen. I've uninstalled and re-installed keyboard, mouse. Have checked keyboard / tried everything, alt, ctr, insert, numlock, nothing will allow me to type a letter into the security code window. :scratch2:

Yes, turned into tech. support... sigh, hope this doesn't take days.

Hmmm.. any funky multimedia or wireless keyboard drivers or the like? Try re-installing them.

Good Luck!

AG

lol, why do you want to type letters there in the first place? :scratch2:
Your gold card doesnt generate any letters..

and u'd want to type letters for :scratch2: :confused: u know it's a 6 number code right?

they won't let u type in anything but numbers so u have less chances of entering a bad code

the less power to the user the less unnecessary support calls u get :yay:

EDIT : bah Skam u've beat me to it

the security code never contains any other characters then numbers.. No need for letters.

Umm, yes, re-installed all.

Umm.. reader is generating letters... hmmmm

Are you perhaps holding it upside down? so that 3 looks like a E etc?

If it by any chance says "ERROR" your not supposed to type that :D

The letters generated are not "Error 72" by any chance? ;)

Edit: evil skam editing your posting that fast while I was at mine - darn I am soooo slow

If it says something like 'Code 22', make sure you have the card inserted correctly.

If you are looking at the screen of the reader the end of the card with the gold square should be closest to the reader and facing the same direction as the screen.

EDIT: may be saying 'Error 72', it's been a while since I've seen it (Thanks Pirx)

u bought the reader and card from TT or from an evil drone reseller?

thanks, got it, used different reader. Other one giving errors / characters, E mainly. Was thinking I'd never typed in a letter before. Was going nuts here... ty ty ty

Err different reader eh?
One that does have entropia universe written on it?
Or does not have entropia universe written on it?

How about the gold card? your card is gold plated? or black with a girly with too much mascara?

Somehow I find your inquiries somewhat fishy... but it could be just me.

Err different reader eh?

How about the gold card? your card is gold plated? or black with a girly with too much mascara?

Mine doesnt have that :scratch2:
Mine says project entropia and its a picture of a daikiba on it :silly2:

but Casay, perhaps next time you try using the other reader before reinstalling everything? ;)

Mine doesnt have that :scratch2:
Mine says project entropia and its a picture of a daikiba on it :silly2:

but Casay, perhaps next time you try using the other reader before reinstalling everything? ;)

You got a picture on yours? :( I want that too. Mine just says project entropia with some euro like symbol inbetween. Wait thats the entropia logo.

You got a picture on yours? :( I want that too. Mine just says project entropia with some euro like symbol inbetween. Wait thats the entropia logo.

because the old once look different from the new once ;) mine is an old one too, for the people unaware of this you are intiteled to a new Goldcard every year (free of charge) it is a good thing to do since you can get some cardreaders collected as well.

anyways thought it was a suited thread to post it in :)

Err different reader eh?

It does not have to be fishy... as far as I see it, any standard smartcard reader should do the job. It is pretty standard technology, and you can buy regular smartcard readers without LCD display, and hook it via USB to your computer, and see the code displayed on your PC screen. There are also keyboards with built-in smartcard readers.
Why is it not working for the OP? I don't know.. but it does not mean he is using anything "illegal" or "fishy".

/jdegre.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

the white on the side there is just because its a bit worn see.. :silly2:

No no no, mine looks exactly like that. So I very much doubt you managed to wear the color off it. :wtg:

for the people unaware of this you are intiteled to a new Goldcard every year (free of charge) it is a good thing to do since you can get some cardreaders collected as well.

Are you sure? As of when? :eek:
I knew support would send a new reader free of charge, but the card? They told me, I would had to buy a new one. :mad:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

owwwwwwwwwww, THAT picture .. didnt look at the card, just the reader .. Neva noticed those were daikas actually, and a few allo's as well on there. Thanks for that pic to remind me i have more then I thought :D

Nakia said:
because the old once look different from the new once mine is an old one too, for the people unaware of this you are intiteled to a new Goldcard every year (free of charge) it is a good thing to do since you can get some cardreaders collected as well.

anyways thought it was a suited thread to post it in
A new card each year? Really? I think id just ask a second in case my breaksdown at midnight or something and I just have to play. Mine still works after 2 years and after alot of error 72's and some error 73's, so maybe they can use that 200ped and put it in one of my loots.

No no no, mine looks exactly like that. So I very much doubt you managed to wear the color off it. :wtg:

Are you sure? As of when? :eek:
I knew support would send a new reader free of charge, but the card? They told me, I would had to buy a new one. :mad:

heh they screwed you then, ill post the support case ;)

EU Support said:
Support Case 100425 history
22 Jan 2007 edited out:
Hey there

I was told that I am able to get a new gold card sent once a year free of charge I did some scearh reagaring this but have been unable to find anything regarding this. Is that correct ?

Regards XXX

26 Jan 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,
We apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Yes, all participants are entitled to one replacement free of charge/year.
Regards,
Entropia Support

26 Jan 2007 XXX:
Ok, then I would like a new one sent please.

Regards,
XXX
Adress (edited out)

29 Jan 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,
We will send you a replacement for your Gold Member Smart Card and one reader. In order to update the new number, please contact us as soon as you get your card.

every year after u purchest it or every calendar year?

say i bu one in oct 2007 will i get another in january 2008?

Err different reader eh?

Fishy? Yes, is sure is just you!! Well, if you must know, I was activating it for the first time even though I bought them awhile ago. I purchased TWO readers for a reason which I don't need I feel to explain to you or anyone else. I also don't need to state why I waited so long to activate it. One of the readers was bad, period. So next time, if you can help someone help! Don't bother responding with these kinds of statements as it's not useful to anyone. :(

I didn't know it only generated numbers so to the person who clarified that THANK YOU! The led is just wacked. Only bad part is I'm now locked out until support contacts me for trying to many times. lol. My bad!

At least some other helpful info came out of my help request about the free replacement of the card in a year. Nice to know! :)

Thanks again to those who tried to help. Always appreciated!!

every year after u purchest it or every calendar year?

say i bu one in oct 2007 will i get another in january 2008?

As far as I have understood it is every calender year :)

and ty for the reps :)

Last edited:
Back