Help

knight33

Hatchling
I keep getting an error message after i try installing the new game fro .rar files
"technology install not completed-an error detected. aborting setup" please someone help me. is there an easier download then these rar files

need more info

I keep getting an error message after i try installing the new game fro .rar files
"technology install not completed-an error detected. aborting setup" please someone help me. is there an easier download then these rar files

if you want some kind of help you need to fill more info about you computer
graphiccard whit amount of ram
singel or dual core cpu
amount of system ram
speed of cpu
xp or vista in 32 bit or 64 bit
have you make all updates from your provider?
if you can give that info i maybe can help you
regards
p12 ingame

Technology install not completed? o_0 I've never seen such a nonsense error from a windows software install.

Is it the actual un-raring you are having issues with? You'll need to intall something like winrar (http://www.rarlab.com/) to be able to extract the rars in the actual installable files.

why isnt there an easier way to download. im not a computer genius and the directions are very hard to follow

im not having problems running the game. I cant install. Instead of patching the new game we have to reinstall. these rar files keep getting corupted somehow. can someone direct me to an easier download

why isnt there an easier way to download. im not a computer genius and the directions are very hard to follow

it is a major install your are about to do and your firewall and virus protection can see it as an attempt of attack try to disable that.
have you try to download from PE servers all files, and take a look where you put them when you save to harddisk but it sound like you have a interuption when ekstract you rar files.
and still i think you need some updates before you can run "the new PE"
regards
p12 :)

If wodys' link to file still give you a problem then you need to give info on how your opening it and what PC you use..etc..

ty for the new download. I will download it and i hope it works. I will update you all on progress . Ty for quick responses .

I'm encounting the exact same error. I'm installing from scratch, by the way. I've downloaded the files from Wody's link and placed them in the same folder. When I try to click the setup, it responds with:

"Microsoft DirectX(TM) Version 9(C) Technology is Required

technology install not completed - an error detected, aborting setup"

The computer far surpasses the system requirements, and I just formatted it days ago (I've installed WinRAR, however). I also noticed that it doesn't get to check whether the 2-6 files are actually in the same folder. I can move them to another folder and run the setup, and it shows the same error. So it indicates that something is messing up the setup file.

EDIT: Using http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en helped to get to the following screen.

Last edited:
i have the same problem ...what windows are u using ?

Back