Hiring: Events Assistant

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
I am looking to recruit an Events Assistant to help me to run Entropian Events.

Entropian Events was created in early 2007 when I started promoting events under that name. Since then I have established myself as one of the top event managers in EU. My flagship event is the annual EUWBC boxing tournament which was granted official sponsorship by FPC in 2009.

For more information on Entropian Events please see the (rather out-of-date) website: http://www.entropianevents.com

Roles & Responsibilities

The successful candidate will assist me in designing, creating, managing and promoting events of all kinds. This is an informal position and you will be required on an as-and-when basis.

Examples of duties may include:

• creating and hosting events using the in-game event system;
  • writing and managing event threads on the forums;
  • verifying screenshots and calculating scores;
  • in-game promotion of forthcoming events;
  • dealing with clients and participants.

I will share my experience and help you to learn the trade. In time I hope that your involvement and abilities will grow such that you eventually become a full partner in Entropian Events.

Criteria

The successful candidate will:

• have a minimum of one year’s experience as an active EU participant and be currently active in the game and within the wider community;
  • have a good level of written English (English as a first language is not required);
  • have a good understanding of the EU event system and common practice in event management;
  • be flexible and have a reasonable general availability at EU peak times, i.e. European evenings and weekends;
  • be committed to the long-term future of EU;
  • be trustworthy and able to deal with confidential information and other people’s money;
  • have a gold card.

The ideal candidate will:

• have experience as an event participant, manager or promoter;
  • have auxiliary skills that could assist Entropian Events, e.g. graphic design, web development, languages;
  • have a good level of competence in Excel or other spreadsheets;
  • have a strong reputation within the EU community;
  • have a creative approach to event design and problem-solving;
  • have a vision of the potential future of events in EU;
  • have an understanding of the Entropian Events Philosophy (see website for details).

Payment & Terms

This is not a path to riches. Where payment is available, you will be paid for your work. In some cases you may be expected to work without payment. EU Events Assistant is not a full-time job and it’s certainly not a full-time salary.

In short - if I’m getting paid, you get paid. If you help me out with something I’ll give you a share of the earnings. If there’s something I can’t do that you cover instead, you’ll get the bulk or all of the income.

It’s something we’ll have to work out ad hoc, but rest assured that I’m not out to rip anybody off and I have every intention of providing fair payment.

This is an informal position. We will not have an official employer/employee relationship.

How to Apply

If you’re interested in the position, please send your application to me by PM here on the forum or by e-mail (to avoid spam I won’t post the address here, you can find it on the website).

There is no set format, just write whatever you feel says it best.

Please don’t send any large attachments. If you want to include portfolio work please send a link to download it or view it elsewhere. If you absolutely must send an attachment, please check with me before sending.

The closing date for applications is 28 February 2010. Applications received after this time will not be considered.

Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in March and I will endeavour to make a final decision as quickly as possible. If I don’t feel any of the candidates are suitable then I may choose not to select anyone.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or post on this thread.

I will share my experience and help you to learn the trade.

The futur assistant will have a good master for sure.
Good luck for finding the best assistant Oleg.

Good luck on your mission :)

be flexible and have a reasonable general availability at EU peak times, i.e. European evenings and weekends

I'm European but that could be a problem, sometimes hard to choose EU or gf :D
Am i addicted :scratch2:

This needs some thinking, it's not a small responsibility.

Good luck finding a good assistant :)

Last edited:
i wish you luck Oleg :)

(good luck)

It sounds great.

I would like to do that Job. However, I'm from Asian so that I can't understand Western people (Can't create good event to fulfill their need). :scratch2:

Bump it up :)

And thanks everyone :)

I am thinking about this next week i will be more available to get on eu at anytime of day or night so I would like to talk with you more on this.

Let's keep this to the top :)

oooh i miss read it.... "event assasin" sounded way cooler:rolleyes:

Hmm this got moved to Services... doesn't seem like the right place for it.

Bump this up again :)

2 weeks left to apply :)

If, like me, you have 4 and a half hours to wait on your download, now would be an excellent time to prepare your application :)

Bump if the assistant has not been found yet.

:)

A friendly BUMP and a hearty why the hell didn't I think of this....

:)

Hurrikane

I am rather disillusioned with events at the moment for reasons outlined elsewhere. However the search for an assistant will continue as planned.

Applications must be received must by the end of Sunday to be considered.

Another small bump :)

good initiative, hope you find someone!

Applications must be received by the end of Sunday!

You have 8 hours to submit your application - after that is too late :)

Thanks to everyone who applied. No further applications will be accepted.

I'll get back to all the candidates later this week, probably around Wednesday.

From 12 applications received I've made a shortlist of 7.

There are some very strong applicants and it's been very hard to choose.

7 is a lot of people to interview so I may reduce this a little more before arranging interviews. Having said that I think the remaining 7 all look promising so perhaps I'll just have to commit more time :D

I've PMed the unsuccessful applicants to let them know. If you haven't received a message from me then you're still in the running and I will be in touch again soon.

7 candidates have been reduced to 5, and I will be inviting the remaining 5 for an interview.

Hopefully these will take place at the beginning of next week. I'll be in touch with everyone to make arrangements.

Apologies for not getting back to everyone with a decision yet - I am close to it :)

Decision made :)

Unsuccessful candidates have all been informed. Thanks to everyone for your interest. I had to turn down some strong applications. I hope Entropian Events will expand again in future so perhaps we will get another opportunity to work together.

You are probably wondering now who I chose... look out for an announcement soon. After completing all the interviews I decided to take a slightly different approach to that which I originally intended, as you will see :)

Back