Info: Hotfix: Be care upgrading or use a System with more than 30 processors (Threads inclusive)

Felix Kiste

Dominant
Society
C.R.T.
Hello,
as we know Entropia Universe builds up on the FarCry 2 Engine and shares the same Issues. If you want to use any CPU with 16 cores or more, you will be forced to limit your CPU/ Thread count to be under 30.
As Time goes on and the Tech does too, this might create a serious Issue for anybody who might use more than 30 Cores/Threads in the closer future.
I would highly recommend to fix this as fast as possible, even before UE5.
A Hotfix but not a permanent solution will be to press WIN +R than type in msconfig , go to the Boot rider and click advanced Options. From that Point, go set a hook into ''Number of processors'' and lower them to 29 or 30 Max.
Reboot the System and Entropia Universe will start again.
It is kind of annoying that the FCE 2 Engine forces us to lower our Core count because otherwise you won't get in the Game itself. I will need dedicated reboots before even launching Entropia Universe again and again.
Even nowadays the Threadripper Users get more and more and it is quite a shame that the Game disturbs the CPU Usage in that way, forces us to reboot before any Game Session and lowering our Cores.
By the Way, the Customer Service was not able to tell me how to fix it, maybe they even don't know about this Issue themselves.

Cheers,

as we know Entropia Universe builds up on the FarCry 2 Engine and shares the same Issues.
I believe this is false. Entropia Universe was built on Cryengine 2. Which was for FarCry1 and Crisis to name a few games. FarCry 2 Used the Dunia engine.. Now to be fair, Dunia was based on Crynegine, but made by a different company.

If you guys culd help me to disable the fps cap ingame i wuld be happy

If you guys culd help me to disable the fps cap ingame i wuld be happy
There is none, the engine is just a dated piece of shit

I don't know if Ryzen Master works on threadripper, but you can turn simultaneous multithreading off on a normal ryzen 9 . This would give you only the real cores and not the threads. I think you might also be able to turn off some ccd's in Ryzen master, but yeah support for more cores would be cool, although that ball is more in cryteks corner than the programmers at Mindark.

Back