How do i do this?

xebian

Young
Hello all well im new at playing entropia and have to say wow awsom game, thinking of using entropia full time but would like to know what is involved in owning land? and building homes iv been told that this is posable how? what would i need to do whats the first thing im gonna need to get started as owning land and house in games like this is very inportant to me so would love sone advice on how to go about doing this please kind regards steven.

Last edited by a moderator:
deposit a few thousand dollars and.....voila :D

oh and you cant BUILD houses you can only buy already made ones by MA, houses or flats

deposit a few thousand dollars and.....voila :D

oh and you cant BUILD houses you can only buy already made ones by MA, houses or flats

What he said;)

Eny idea why its so expensive 1000s is a bit over the top

Eny idea why its so expensive?

Well possibly because there are other people around willing to pay that much, here houses are few and lands even more, hence the prices are high.

awww, you were misinformed. :(

Can people just being short, and mockfull. You say you want more people in the community... then stop chasing them away before they even download the game.

Hi there.. this is how it works. If you want to buy land, you are looking at $20.000 at least but you will probably have to spend more than that to buy your own slice of land in this game.
Regarding housing, you can only buy pre-built flats or estates rather than actually build your own house. You can get a flat for about $30 and up to a whole hell lot more.

I hope this anwsers your questions, and that no one elses gonna go "lol buying shiet wow omfg idiot..." bla bla...

and building homes iv been told that this is posable how?

you were told that building homes is possible now in EU, it is not > you were misinformed? :)

Eny idea why its so expensive 1000s is a bit over

Land in EU for sale is very limited, and is therefore very expensive. Land owners in EU can stock the land with creatures by making or buying DNA and fertilizing the land, then charge a tax to hunters/miners who want to hunt/mine the land.

EU is all built and owned by Mindark, except for the participant created ads (which are created by the players, but Mindark has full rights to after they are uploaded onto the server.) Houses/shops/lands are all pre-built/designed then put up for sale on the auction by Mindark. The most they can be modified is by adding pre-built furniture/decorations to the lot.

Hope that helps some :)

Hello all well im new at playing entropia and have to say wow awsom game, thinking of using entropia full time and building homes iv been told that this is posable how? what would i need to do whats the first thing im gonna need to get started as owning land and house in games like this is very inportant to me so would love sone advice on how to go about doing this please kind regards steven.

Hi & welcome xebian :)

One of our forum rules is not to discuss other games, so I've done a bit of editing on the thread so that it can stay open.

but would like to know what is involved in owning land?

Land is occasionally developed and then released on to the auction system by the game owner's MindArk. You can bid on it, against other interest participants at this point. If there's no new land available you may also be able to buy land from a participant who wishes to sell.

Once you own a piece of land, you control what creatures are present on the land and set the hunting and mining taxes. These will bring in a revenue from people who hunt and mine on your land.

MA also recently released some a few malls, where the owner could sell shops to other participants and take a small % of their profits from sales in their shops.

There's some banks also due soon, which will allow participants to offer loans and the like to other players.

As people have mentioned, due to limited supply and the potential revenue, land doesn't come cheap - a typical land area costs in excess of $20,000 these days.

building homes iv been told that this is posable how??

It is not possible to build your own home. There is however no shortage of supply of apartments ($25 each + $1 per month) which you can decorate with your own furniture and belongings, acquired or bought in-game. There's also some more exotic buildings, spaceship hangars, castles and the like, although these are less common and hence considerably more expensive.

Eny idea why its so expensive 1000s is a bit over the top

I wouldn't say 1000s but rather 10s of thousands. Probably around 20,000 USD which is 200,000 PEDs. The recent Land Areas auctioned off sold for circa 35,000 USD.

Why is it so expensive, quite simply because those who have invested these sums are a bit nutty but think it's worth it otherwise they wouldn't be doing it. It's not just the odd Land Area that goes for tens of thousands of USD but ALL OF THEM.

If you go to the auction you will see the sort of prices people are asking for different kinds of estates. Something between 200 and 1000 ped is almost certainly an apartment, something for 5000-10000 ped a house. For apartments you have also to pay a monthly rent, for houses, not.
Look also at the furnishings and decorations sections to se what it might cost to fit your home out.
If you have Atlas Haven on your tp list you can run west-southwest from there to Atlas Island South- most of the types of houses are there, and many are open so you can look round- people dont mind. And you can go to somewhere like Treasure Island City to see the sorts of apartments available too.

gl :)

Ok one last thing is is posable to rent a store or shop on land so i just pay rent to the land or shop/house owner?

Ok one last thing is is posable to rent a store or shop on land so i just pay rent to the land or shop/house owner?

No simple way no, although theoretically if you make an arrangement with a property owner I guess it could be done. Its difficult though - to sell things in a shop you need to have the deed to the shop. But if you have the deed to the shop you can sell the shop. Hence there's a trust issue with respect to renting.

Back