How do you become a Mentor?

Spug

Old
Society
Freelancer
Richard Spug Nothuson
I have only been in the game a week and I see alot of people asking for Mentorship, I realise that I'm not fully versed in the Project Entropia Experience but if no-on else is willing to Mentor these people, I'm willing to.

Only problem is, I can't offer this to anyone, the otion is always "greyed" out.

How do I activate this option?

Your skills are not high enough. You need to be at unskilled rank.

Thank you for the information.

Scorpion said:
Your skills are not high enough. You need to be at unskilled rank.

I worked till capable cus someone told me so... Damn :)

Well personally if your skills aren't around lets say capable you shouldn't be mentoring. If you don't have the TPs on both continents. If you don't know your mobs and damage types. The list gets longer, but to each there own.

Personally, I waited until I had graduated as a disciple myself at 1900 in Longblades before taking a disciple of my own. I figured that by then I would have learnt more about the game through personal experience rather than from reading the very useful information you can find on this forum.

I had also been promoted to hunter in my society which required, among other things, having all the Eudoria TPs (which was checked and tested). Being a member of a good society I knew that there would be people I could ask for help in case my disciple would have questions that I hadn't got the answer for.

I didn't have all the TPs for Amethera, but my disciple and I had a great time collecting some of them together!

I have mentored a couple of people, but still havent finished my own disciple period, I skill in lots of areas and am in no rush to complete my discipleship. OVer a year so far and still going ;)

I think to be a good mentor you need to know about certain things in game I am a hunter and allthough know the basics in crafting and minging I wouldnt take anyone on who wanted to do these things I dont think I could help them enough to validate a good mentor in these areas.

Skills I dont think mean too much as its very easy to skill in just one area, and yet still not know much about the game, mentoring IMO is about sharing knowledge that will in effect help the newb to become self suffiecient while building friendships along the way.

Another nice thing to have as a mentor is contacts for any questions you dont know ;)

It's not only that you are not skilled enough ingame, it also matters what you know about Project Entropia. You may be pretty skilled and still don't know lots of things about the game. You must know how to advice some one on his first steps into the game and then go further and further. You should learn about weapons, mobs, tps, armour etc....
Experience is a good teacher, but you could also read the forum and other PE sites, if you wanna be a mentor sooner :)
I wish you good luck.

Question: if sum1 is to chip themselves to unskilled or higher are they capable of mentoring?

afaik you could have skill level of 1 on every skill and be mentor.

The only condition stopping you from being a mentor is if your a disciple.

I think graduates can be far more better mentors then mid players

Your perception of mobs is very different when you have low skills. Noobs feel the troubles and see the short term goals in another way.

There's alot to learn in this universe. And I mean alot.

ALOT.

You can't really hope to effectively Mentor someone until you've mastered all the basics at the very least...

And Chipping up to the required level does not come with the required level of knowledge about the Universe.

Wait til you can properly hope to advise a newcomer Well before attempting to become a Mentor. Don't be lured in by the Mentor Gifts, they're almost all rubbish. Good Mentors don't Mentor for the gift...

All you need to be a mentor is a desire to stand in the new arrival area for hours and hours.

After you have played like a week you probally know as much as 95% of the players here, which isnt allot.

I suggest that you dont spent too much time on brand new players anyway, wait untill they have proven themselves worthy of your time.

Run them to sweat camp and teach them to sweat, how to get rid of sweat.
You can also show them the auction, explain there allot of scammers in game and to use common sence, etc..

Maybe after they have been in the game a couple of days take them tp running. Then just be available to anwser questions as they arise.

So in the beginning your really dont have to know very much at all to mentor.
Understanding the auction and what items to use is really about it.

Easy to mentor as not many people do it, but watch out for the beggers and undesirables, I suggest you dont give your diciples anything for a month or so.

There's actually only about 5 people who are fully qualified to be mentors. All the others are snake-oil salesmen.
Grasshopper, you must be patient.

If you have to ask this question isn't that answer enough?

No offence mate, but I guess this is implemented for a reason ;)
Get some more skills and then start mentoring, and besides if you really want to help those new players you can always go out skilling and tp running with them, the mentor items you would have gotten are mostly crap anyway. :rolleyes:

previous to today the last post on this thread was 03/03/06.

{pause for dramatic effect}

i hope that in the past THREE YEARS that the op has learned enough of Project Entropia to mentor at least one person:duh:

Last edited:
Back