How do you go faster in space with quad (L)

Could anyone being followed attempt to change attitude to that the pursuing quad is EXACTLY behind the line of sight? If they can catch up at any angle and matching angles then it's clearly a serious bug.

This is the type of input threads like this need. MrProper is is putting in positive input and looking for answers and solutions. +rep

This is the type of input threads like this need. MrProper is is putting in positive input and looking for answers and solutions. +rep

Anyone abusing a bug is exploiting..

I can't do it, yet someone can and does it. However it doesn't seem like normal gameplay and nobody has posted HOW to do it, thus confirming it is an exploit.

Do you think it's fair that you can potentially lose tens of dollars in a game where skills are based on points and not player ability or latency?

I would be satisfied with someone showing a video from his screen on how he was able to catch up to another player without pressing more than the autorun or forward keys.

I missed this post before I gave you the +rep proper. This one I would have to say is falling under assumption saying because we have no answer yet it on how this happened it must be an exploit. I would say exploiting is when you do something on purpose to give yourself and unfair advantage over other players knowing a certain bug and taking advantage of it purposely. A number of things could be the cause of 1 quad going faster than another, some of witch are possibly circumstantial, stumbled upon by a noob, or purposly done by a veteran player, and many others; all in the end the fault of MA for allowing them to continue to happen. And Proper I hope you don't take this as a flame, you are a good friend of mine I am just sticking to my guns on wanting proof when players are accused of ban-able offences.

-The burden of proof should be on the accuser not the accused-

Anyone abusing a bug is exploiting..

Agreed, but if they are a noob and don't even understand this is a bug giving them an advatage I wouldn't call it exploiting.

Example- you are a noob who just bought a super computer and paid for the fastest internet connection. You just purchased your first quad and go for a kill then realize your quad is flying faster than your opponents.You then assume it's because of your super computer and ultra fast connection.

Agreed, but if they are a noob and don't even understand this is a bug giving them an advatage I wouldn't call it exploiting.

Example- you are a noob who just bought a super computer and paid for the fastest internet connection. You just purchased your first quad and go for a kill then realize your quad is flying faster than your opponents.You then assume it's because of your super computer and ultra fast connection.

If you watch a movie on this super fast computer, and the frame rate is 36 instead of 24 and all the people sound like chipmunks... wouldn't you think that something is wrong, too?

There is an (absolute) speed value given for any vehicle, two vehicles with the same speed should fly at the same speed, common sense alone should tell you that something is not working as it should when you fly faster (=catch up with another vehicle with the very same speed).

If you use that to gain an advantage, you are exploiting a bug - just because someone is (playing) naive doesn't mean he is not exploiting a flaw in the system.

-The burden of proof should be on the accuser not the accused-

There is sufficient proof when fly faster than someone with the same vehicle - what i do not get is why you (seemingly) defend such behaviour - it is quite obvious that there is an unfair advantage.

Or in other words (in accordance with legislation all over the world):
Ignorance is no protection against punishment.

I missed this post before I gave you the +rep proper. This one I would have to say is falling under assumption saying because we have no answer yet it on how this happened it must be an exploit.

nobody has posted HOW to do it, thus confirming it is an exploit.
Which one is my assumption? That since nobody posted how to do it, it has not been confirmed thus is false, or if nobody has posted then they know it is true and will not?

Answer carefully...

Why are you still arguing about whether it's an exploit or not? It's a confirmed exploit. Multiple, very experienced, pilots on separate occasions have observed pirates using this technique to make L quads fly faster than even a UL quad. There is even video, for goodness sake. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or a computer programmer to understand that this is an exploit.

But then again, there are people who insist man has never landed on the moon....

Back