How much does it cost to become a planet partner?

$ilicondollar

Provider
Society
Banana Republic
Banana Looter
I was checking the Entropia Universe Portal and there is a lot of info about planet partnership. One thing missing is the price tag!!!!

So can someone from MA(Marco,David etc) post in this forum how much does it cost to become a partner?
Please state a number in your answer.
Dont answer like ''lots'', ''many'', ''expensive'' etc etc. A number please!

If then you dont want to give a number about the price can at least explain us why? Is that a secret? Will it harm MA's interests? Etc etc...
If WE the players dont know...who should know then?

Regards...

They probably think a serious planet partner would contact them personally. Once that is done and some discussion takes place, I would imagine a price would be mentioned.

unreliable sources...

If you dig deep enough in the search here on the forums you will see that some unreliable sources (MMA B.S.) mention a startup cost of around 2 Million US Dollars needed to survive 1-2 year contract, but there's little or no details because most actual partners probably have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. Part of the reason they probably are not up front and public with pricing is that they know that other mmorpg companies are watching their every action like a hawk, and just like in-game rce, the real world economics can and is manipulated heavily... and competition can and does play a big role in the pricing of things.

There are actually details on the MA website. I think they will actually give you the dev kit free if you are serious, but for that, you will need a games studio. Afterall, it is a win win situation for MA. The house always wins here!

who should know? those people making serious enquiry, rather than just inquisitive. how much does a lorry load of Coke Cola cost direct from supplier? this isnt public information, but if you are a genuine seller you find out who to speak and get a price.

the common "knowledge" thrown around was something like $2-5million (vague) would have to be available. note, its not a case of buying a licence but rather demonstrating you have the financial resources to fund design and support for a planet for a time.

if a planet would cost 5 Million $, then i would build a team for making a own RCE Game :D depend i would have that 5 ooo ooo $;)

If i had 5 million dollars id be on my own real island hunting my own real mobs :) and never think of MA again.

LOL what he said : )

& id let my RL friends hunt for free no tax :D

Plus have free ammo & drinks waiting for em when they run out from the spread i had on for them:laugh:

If i had 5 million dollars id be on my own real island hunting my own real mobs :) and never think of MA again.

i think your right:D

"If you have to ask, you can't afford it..." :silly2:

And somewhere I think MA stated that as a new partner you need to show how you are going to bring in new users.

yeah, you have to show you are able to do that :)

"If you have to ask, you can't afford it..." :silly2:

this is not true, you need to ask places like this to get the links and contacts if you have the money as this would be a good starting point to gather info as there is a lot of people here that could help direct you in the right direction and as there are some big investors that use these forums...

who should know? those people making serious enquiry, rather than just inquisitive. how much does a lorry load of Coke Cola cost direct from supplier? this isnt public information, but if you are a genuine seller you find out who to speak and get a price.

the common "knowledge" thrown around was something like $2-5million (vague) would have to be available. note, its not a case of buying a licence but rather demonstrating you have the financial resources to fund design and support for a planet for a time.

And have the resources to fund development too, in way of salaries for all the developers that you have to hire...

Basically all the planet partner thing is in effect is a lisensing deal, you pay them to get your hands on their proprietary software and when you have a product ready to launch they will put it their mincer for you and you will likely get your first influx of new players free while they check it out.

Getting your software launched can be far more costly than the $5M bandied around here, though do you really want to have Mindark putting your site on their website and only allowing it there with the track record they have?

$5M may sound like a huge amount of money but it really isn't in computer games, it will probably get spent up in about 1 year for even a relatively small company.

I think Mindark are looking for the likes of Sony or Blizzard to make these deals with, if you had Diablo 3 on a RCE and put in $20 a month with repair fees and such with loot that can in effect cost thousands just for a charm...wouldnt you want the big boys on your side?

Actually, Diablo on an RCE platform with the potential for super-unique loots that it generates...now that does sound interesting :D

this is not true, you need to ask places like this to get the links and contacts if you have the money as this would be a good starting point to gather info as there is a lot of people here that could help direct you in the right direction and as there are some big investors that use these forums...

ssh... stop destroying classic sayings ;)

Don't think they would come public with that, CryEngine2 price ain't public either, you must contact directly CryTek (or what's their name).

As in most big business deals you need to come up with a plan first before you'll get an indication of the price.

I think it is for "free". But, you most have a good concept, the resources and the orginazation to be able to cary it out. If they like it, you probaly will get a "green" light.

I think it is for "free". But, you most have a good concept, the resources and the orginazation to be able to cary it out. If they like it, you probaly will get a "green" light.

ahh, the resources = 5M$:D and its for free hehe

You probably have to pay a license fee to MA for the platform. Maybe a minimum of a 5 year license.

Then I'm guessing MA requires a deposit to back the economy of the game. This is similar to how banks had to make a minimum deposit.

After that, the development costs are all your own.

As in most big business deals you need to come up with a plan first before you'll get an indication of the price.

Though I don't care about the subject to much ( I cannot afford it :) ), I have to correct you on this. One cannot make a plan without proper input on the amount of $$$ it will cost. So the initial starting fee to be paid to MA to be able to use their platform will have to be a part of the real plan.

But if you actually mean that you have to proof them that you are serious by showing a rough business plan and a scoop of your ideas, then I agree :).

Dude if you had the money to actually be a planet partner, shouldn't you be having "your people" call "their people"?

Our own beloved Neverdie should know the cost :)

More than I can make in a year i think :laugh:

ahh, the resources = 5M$:D and its for free hehe

:)
yeah well, what i mean was i don't think you actually must pay MA anything, but of cource you most have the money to pay for your development of "your planet". So it's "free" no fee to MA, but when the planet is up and runing, MA takes 50 % of the peds earned by the planet. (or something like that). But it's only my guess.
For MA it's only good to get new planets to the Universe, i mean, hey they get new planets without paying the development cost, that is pretty nice i would say. And they don't care which planet the players burn their money on, they get 50 % of the peds anyway. (well they prefer FPC i guess, because they own it).

Sad

:scratch2:Why is necessary to have money to be a planet partner?... Why not a brilliant a ideea is not enouch to start a partnership?... Is that not important for MA?...

I think I read somewhere in all the hoopla when this all started that there was a 100k charge for the initial start up... licence of game engine...software... server space..

THEN you had to hire yer own people to design the planet and maintain it. (The MAIN cost of the whole ordeal)

Then MA was to get 50% of buisness from planet and you got the rest. You are resposible for content and player attraction /retention. MA was to have FULL control over returns as to not screw up their goals and earnings and the so called established economy..

Then of course MA would take back your planet free of charge (after its all developed) if for some reason you went under financially to make sure the player base wouldnt get screwed.

But all that may have changed thru the many "dealings" MA /FPC has done and will do down the road.

Any initial fee would most likely be for administration of a planet account (legal fees, setting up the ped transfer system, tweaking any gameplay elements, advertising), and I am sure it would vary dependent on
the scope/size of the planet and company. I also believe genuinely interested parties would have to apply to MA first with a brief, mission statement, economic plan, advertising strategy and then there would be negotiations between both MA+potential planet company to make their economic plan feasible.

I was checking the Entropia Universe Portal and there is a lot of info about planet partnership. One thing missing is the price tag!!!!

So can someone from MA(Marco,David etc) post in this forum how much does it cost to become a partner?
Please state a number in your answer.
Dont answer like ''lots'', ''many'', ''expensive'' etc etc. A number please!

If then you dont want to give a number about the price can at least explain us why? Is that a secret? Will it harm MA's interests? Etc etc...
If WE the players dont know...who should know then?

Regards...

Mindark is probably not going to answer these questions here in this forum. If you are serious http://www.mindark.com/contact/ would be the appropriate method of inquiry.

Thoughts though, if one was serious and had the resources to do it, I would do it right away. As (if) new planets come online the potential pool of customers/players is going to get spread out a bit unless an individual plan is going to include methods of attracting new revenue sources.

Thoughts though, if one was serious and had the resources to do it, I would do it right away. As (if) new planets come online the potential pool of customers/players is going to get spread out a bit unless an individual plan is going to include methods of attracting new revenue sources.

Agreed... I, for one, am still waiting for the hordes of new Chinese players predicted 2 years ago... :eek:

My guess is that the cost is more about developing a bonified product than paying an upfront fee...

in my understanding, Mindark probably is hoping for residual income- a percentage- from companies who take advantage of their patented "ped" currency system.

I'm by no means an expert, but this means that you have to A: have a game/product in mind that at the very least won't damage the company's credibility; and B: have a marketing/development budget that won't get you laughed out the door...

The upfront fee actually paid to MA is probably small.

Back