how much skill is needed to hunt/mine at "x" level.

Hotei

Guardian
Society
Miner's Mafia
Hotei Hotei Luck
Hi mates. I was reading some posts recently stating that you don't really need the "uber unlimited items" to hunt or mine big. With enhancers, tiered weapons, etc I have to agree.

However what is enough to hunt at a low lvl, a medium level, and a high level. What does it take to mine at a high level.

I believe immortal once had a post like this, but I couldn't find it and I believe that was beforfe tiers etc.

So if I had a buddy that wanted to start, and he wanted to hunt at a mostly high level or mine at a "x" level.... I would say... buddy you need to chip to lvl "x" and you can do "x".

So what do you all think? What professional level does it take to hunt at a low level, a medium level and a high level? What ever mobs you feel fit into those categories is up to your discression.

If you could answer in hit lvl, dmg lvl, paramedic level, evader level, dodge level.

Also any thoughts on mining... prospector level, surveyor level.

I really do look forward to seeing what people think.

My thoughts: I really just don't know the answer, so thus the post. However as a starting point for mid level hunting. Lvl 15.5 hit and damage to use Korss 400, lvl 20 paramedic for using the t-20, and evade dodge... lvl 15? As for mining for high level mining I think lvl 30 in both prospecting and mining to use the tk320 and the mt1000.

Thanks for reading, good luck and God bless.

Hotei.

P.S. if we come to some consensus I will edit the first post for easy reference.

Last edited:
I cant rememeber exactly at which level I was abel to kill which mob. But one thing in generell:

The point at which you *can* kill a mob is not the point you *should* hunt it.

I have always tried out the next bigger mob at each weapon change, next HP point and so on. It often happens that the first or second of the bigger next level mob gives out a global to me. But a complete hunt at this mob will always end in a big loss :D

So if you are building this list it will be a good idea to clearify that the level you asked for should be the level at which it make *sense* to hunt this special mob, and not the level someone could kill it first time.

just my :twocents:

Might be able to use Oleg's Mob Ladder as some sort of guide for this

Good suggestions mates... I guess using oleg's ladder and the "make sense" approach, my suggested hunting lvls would be for the "disciple" or low level "graduate" mobs and below.

Hotei

Last edited:
when you find the right mob, area, or bp where you can recycle the same peds for a long time with depos here and there or no depo you have your answer. its complicated to really sort this out and honestly i could of given you an answer a year ago but those avenues have dried up since vu10 onward to now.

well some still exist and are done daily ie. drones as an example. when gaz is 130% or around that great low level mob to hunt. don't need much skill just the right dps (p5a+a104 worked for me up to 05/06, started at 12 dodge ended at 23), and the right fap/armor setup.

kosmos

A standard mid-level hunter should have the following unlocks and attributes:
Treatment (ideally level 31 paramedic)
Combat Sense
Avoidance
HP>150 (You can never have too much hp.)

This equips the avatar with general skills and abilities that would allow them to fight 90% of the mobs in entropia, dependant on their choice of weapon, fap, or armor.

As for choice of mob, a rule I like is that any mob is fine to hunt if you can fight two at the same time without dying.

A midlevel miner nowadays can be level 20 or below (if they know what they are doing and can use enhancers properly). It is possible to achieve very similar results to an infinitely skilled miner due to the low cost of (L) finders and the availability of depth enhancers. Before enhancers were introduced, I would have said level 30 is the mark of the mid-level miner, but this is no longer necessary (though if they are not a hunter, level 30 for serendipity is a good idea)

To address more specific details in your query, a definition of "low, medium, high" levels would need to be established. A high level for a total beginner might mean completing the 1k trox mission in a month. A high level for me is the ability to solo warlock 07 with 0 deaths using my current equipment.

Sometimes it is easier to define "levels" in this game by the amount of ped and/or time required to invest.

Thanks mate great replies, +rep will be coming your way.

Based off of Doer's research on hogglos and evader lvl. I would say that the "tough" mobs in Oleg's mob ladder would need a minimum lvl of 38 evader to start.

Keep the toughts coming in :)

Hotei

Well, I do not think it is so complex like this. oh, it isnot easy to me.
I will ask brother for help. He is quite good at this :D

Last edited:
Survey lvl 20, prospecting lvl 10

Sircus.

Thanks for your input. Do you believe those numbers are for being able to mine at a high level? If so prospecting caught me off guard :)

Thx again mate!

Hotei

Survey lvl 20, prospecting lvl 10

butseriusly i think that hi-lvl start somwhere when u can use maxed tk320 and/or use 109 amps :D

Interesting thought on the 109 amp. But with the markup on them and the need for a SERIOUSLY HUGE bankroll, I don't know if it fits the "make sense" approach suggested above :D

I absolutly agree with the maxed tk320.

Thx for the post mate!

Hotei

Sure if you want to gamble there are the OA-109 like shoti knows very well. Lvl 20 is ofc needed for this kind of gambling :laugh:

As for tk320 pfft ;)

Back