Question: How often do you mine an area?

Sweat

Alpha
Society
ZenietaX
Soulflame
If you would like to mine an area again,
do you wait before you do it? (Assuming you'd like to keep as "eco" as possible)
Is there such thing as overmining a certain area?

Just asking,
as I found a spot I'd like to mine over and over again, but don't know when I should mine it again. I usually do a run there every two days, what about you?

Any advice on when you base your runs?
Thanks.

200 Bombs/Probes Carpeting a LA
Jumping back to Argus
Profit/Loss Calculation
Repairing Gear
Putting Finds in Storage
Buying 200 Probes/Bombs
Mining the same Area again

There is one particular spot that I mine for Belkar, sometimes up to as many as 3 times a day.
I don't think anyone really has any idea of respawn rates for ores (except perhaps the superduperubers who probably wouldn't share anyways) but 3 times a day seems to produce similar results to if I hadn't visited in weeks.
2 days ago I got global and HoF on Belkar within 36 hours in same area.

Thanks for the info.
I'm going to go mine again in an hour.

Any other experiences and stories are welcome!
Good mining spots too! ;)

+rep for prev. replies.

depends on the runs
But im a so called
Overminer, I repeat a lot of times the areas

I try to also keep a few day between each time i rebomb same spot.

Im not sure if it makes a difference - i would love to see some tests.

my experience tells me i get more himi at my himi spots, if i have been away a few days, but im sceptic of my memories ability to produce any kind of reliable statistics.

Tests plx someone?

Waiting doesnt do crap for the area. Stuff respawn exactly like mobs do. So you can mine the same area all over again. Sure the value on ur finds will go up and down during the day but that is not really that much due to the area in itself.

For me i find a vein and follow it and then i can actually just sort of go in a circle and mine and mine the same vein over and over sort of.

I newer mine in the same place... its not intresting for me... I like to go same new place and drop same bombs. only one hof so far 256PED.. good luck every one

well i was just beginer that time...

Daily when mining a lot, at different times of day if things aren't going too well.

Sometimes in outback areas, or when heavy...I log off and come back a few hours later in the same spot and repeat just in case.

You tend to get a feeling for areas over time IMHO, but resources do move over the longer term sometimes so may as well get what you can while you can.

I mine one spot every day, hoping that if I can't find that damn tower, one day it will come to me by accident :laugh:

t

Back