How to deal with forum troll's and members with god complexes?

HomoSpacien

Provider
Society
Universal Soliders
In a recent turn of events a little over a week ago i had a run in with a member who after some research on the forums and through connections in game is a well know troll and suffers from a pretty serious god complex over a video game. This member happened to convo me about some burgundy paint he had for sale which i was more than excited about as many of you know i had spent over 2 months spamming around local chats trying to find any cans i could. ( and thank you to all who sold to me, and to LeeLoo for the wonderful service she provides ) It just so happened that the painter i was using who could do such a high level paint was sick for a few days leading up to that day so i had not yet had a chance to get the next piece painted to get some of my ped back out as i had all the rest of my ped tied up in Arkoins. I explained this to the member who had the paint to sell and told him as soon as i could cash out on the paint i had in stock already i would pick it up. None the less, real life happened that weekend so the bulk of my weekend was blown, and in game was nothing more than afk crafting to run up some tailor skills.

None the less, i come back after the weekend to find him trolling all over the forums about being "unreliable", Hijacking one of my other forum threads, and rallying his band of troll buddies trying to vote with as much negative reputation as possible, hence the little red dot in my forum posts now instead of all the green i had rightly earned.

Now i will admit it was at that point i lost my cool, with over a decade in MMO's across many platforms when i found EU and a mature player base i thought i was in heaven and finally free of the 14 year old's, the little kiddie antics, and people with a virtual god complex trying to supplement their inadequacy and failure at real life by being an A-Hat in a video game. It was at that point when the trigger got pulled and i unloaded. ( in hind site probably not the best course of action to take ) but whatever, i cant say he didnt have it coming and whats done is done.

I do give credit to the Mod's, although not very timely, they did remedy the issue on the hijacked thread, but the band of misfits and their continual overuse of the reputation system, as well as the above mentioned trolls forum thread where he is volunteering to give out my name to anyone who PM's him further continuing the apparent never ending trolling of a pathetic soul is getting rather desperate on their part and really deteriorating the value of this game to me as i am sure it has happened to others. ( a deteriorating interest from a regularly depositing member is not the greatest thing for an already poor economy )

So i pose the following question, in hopes of finding a standard in dealing with this for future members as i am sure i am not the first.

How should one handle such trolls with god complexes?

A: Retaliate, build your own band of misfits and return the favor, smash ones forum reputation, and eventually get banned from the forums, eventually quit and take even more money out of the EU economy.

B: Bother the mods daily, and sometimes hourly every time the troll makes another feeble attempt and being an idiot. further stretching the Mods thinner than they already are having to keep order in this forum.

C: Write a forum thread in hopes that a Mod will chime in on the subject with how they would like the situation handled.

D: Do nothing, withdraw all your ped, quit playing EU further damaging the economy as regular depositing members are already a dying breed.

E: YOUR THOUGHTS HERE

F: YOUR THOUGHTS HERE

G: YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for your feedback.

Report such issues to the mods - we'll look into it and take whatever action is appropriate.

None of the mods are available 24/7 (we have real lives too), nor do we read every single forum post just in case someone might post something that violates forum rules, but we keep a close eye on Reported Items and respond as soon as available.

Next time maybe act your age and contact one of the mods here in private.

Report such issues to the mods - we'll look into it and take whatever action is appropriate.

None of the mods are available 24/7 (we have real lives too), nor do we read every single forum post just in case someone might post something that violates forum rules, but we keep a close eye on Reported Items and respond as soon as available.

Hey thanks Serica for chiming in, I'm sure i'm not the first nor the last to deal with the issue so i am glad a Mod chimed in on this thread so the other members have a sense of direction in dealing with the issue.

Back