FYI: How to properly remove blackscreen when taking screenshots in Entropia and many other games

Joakim|MindArk

Former MindArk Official
How to properly remove blackscreen when taking screenshots in Entropia and many other games:

The way to achieve this is simply by changing the Aero default theme to Windows 7 Basic.

Option 1:

You can do this by either going to:
Control Panel -> Appearance And Personalization -> Personalization

Basic and High Contrast Themes:
Change to Windows 7 Basic

OR

Option 2

Go to (where entropia is installed): C:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Universe\bin32

right click and select properties on "ClientLoader.exe"

Select "Compatibility" tab

Under "Settings" press "Disable desktop composition"

press apply

Both settings does the same, but if you like Aero theme on your computer and you want to maintain it, you should go with "Option 2".

Brilliant, but now someone will dig when was asked for the first time "How to remove blackscreen when taking screenshots in Entropia?" :laugh:

Brilliant, but now someone will dig when was asked for the first time "How to remove blackscreen when taking screenshots in Entropia?" :laugh:

Well to be fair that info is in the help section and has been there for quite a while, since vista i reckon. :rolleyes: but he tried bless him

Well that used to work before the last VU - with the new VU not so much.

Option 2 gives only marginal improvement for Windows Vista (blackies reduced from ~80 to ~60%).

As for Option 1, I already had 'Windows Standard' there but going to try some other options.

Well that used to work before the last VU - with the new VU not so much.

I use the second option since VU 12.6.3 when Mindark forced me to install windows 7 (they messed with windows XP and for a few days it was not supported by the game). That was in May 2012 and so far all my screenshots still working as intended!

I use the second option since VU 12.6.3 when Mindark forced me to install windows 7 (they messed with windows XP and for a few days it was not supported by the game). That was in May 2012 and so far all my screenshots still working as intended!

I had mine working until the last VU and that screwed everything up. I had to make adjustments previously to get it to work but this last VU screwed everything up. It was when they unfixed (being previously broken and then repaired in the beginning of this last VU) the clothes that I had - so I can't really say it was the last VU but one of the patches right after that screwed everything up.

btw Windows 7 since before the first service pack ;) and I did reinstall after the last VU.

how about a solution for this with windows 8? Im getting tired of playing the game in windowed mode

Back