How to select the correct mob to hunt to get an economic advantage

IHMJack

Provider
Is it true that Mindark is suppose to pay players back about 90% back in TT value, of the mobs they hunt, not sure if that is only counting the cost of (AMMO+gun decay+amp) assuming you are hunting with your weapon capped out by your skills, and not quite even counting armor and fap cost at all.

does that mean if the mobs often loots markup items you will get an economic advantage VS hunting mobs that usually only drops items that is pretty much no markup and pretty much sell at TT stuff, assuming Mindark will pay back about 90% of hunting cost back in TT value regardless of if the item gets markup or not by different types of mobs, I would assume hunting mobs that often loots markup item would be a smart choice.

I wonder if what I'm thinking about is a true theory?????????

I also heard globals is also like putting about 10% of hunting cost into a savings piggy bank when you hunt that name of mob, when the piggy bank gets too full, the global will pop and pays the person back. Not sure if that is true or not, or I wonder if it is just a random proc of like 0.1% or something like that???

I wonder which mob names would be a good choice to hunt for good economic or mathematical advantage???? hunting loss is getting very expensive for me 8(

I think alot of people likes to hunt Argonaut and Atrox, but Im not sure what made them so popular and I wonder if that mob is something good to hunt or not, makes me really wonder.

I wonder if hunting tax should be avoid or not??

Help and advice would be greatly thankful 8)

Times have change and it very hard to break even let alone make a profit; Deb From DK once made a post how two hunters with maxed skills 10/10 and using imk2 had very different out comes because of the tax. The hunter who hunted on non tax land made a profit, the other Pham if I remember correctly lost money due to hunting on taxed lands.

I would avoid taxed lands, you giving money away to some one elese in a system that is very hard to make or keep money in the 1st place.

Another tip is to use laser weapons over blp, the cheaper the cost of the weapon the better off you will be, its alot easier to break even if you equipment is alot more affordable / cheaper to maintain.

best of luck to you.

I do want to point out that I don't play these days, at my prime I was lvl 90 Arch master Laser (dmg) and using MM aka Modified ep 40 and imk2. I used to make profits for most of my hunts, did not have a needed to depoist for years.

I tired to come back with the new system and using a unl x5 , even with maxed skills the gun repairs and the amp repairs alone made me lose peds inspite of hofing . I did Protons solo, big bulks before they where removed .

as for the 90 % not sure where you came up with that, but I would say it's false.

What I do remember from my 7 1/2 years playing is that maybe ammo burn on the gun was returned to you in some way, but not gun decay or the amps used, hell not even the armmor . Back then you wanted to use a gun like imk2 and MM because of the ammo burn, but the guns decayed very slowly... that was a win win situation for the player :)

when I used to hunt to make a profit I used to hunt mobs that where big, had items that traded for a good %, alot of the hunts I used to hunt mobs naked.. I still think I have a boring video on you tube called naked segs, let me look for the link..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjYgKGh1E0o

Like many theories some may contain truth.

Here is what I believe.

Yes there are mobs that are specified for your avatar and your gear. The gear is very important. For example I hunted Atrox for a month (iron mission) and returns after 60k cycling where 100 ped lose (excluding the big hof i got)

I go on argo with 200 peds ammo same gear I dont even get my ammo back in the loot. But if i go with same gear to Cornudandacau for some reason the loot is much better then argo. This is mildy odd because argo should have a bigger lootpool.

Other example . i went for ripper snapper with a s60 and had terrible lose. I go for an economic lesser gun the cb13 and my returns where much better and even looted a bravo plus een global once.

Conclusion
I think the gear that you ahve matters the upmost. Most hunters stick wih one armor + one gun. I believe that with the introduction of L gun you should vary moere and find out what gear works for you. Start in theoric stuff and use tools like Armor vs Mobs at entropedia. You find out that for most newbies mobs Settler+5a/5b is the cheapest and you dont need more. Also try to calc the average loot you get per mob and then then amount of pecs it is needed to shoot. If they loot is lower then your decay/ammo cost then switch.

It does take time to find you setup but dont be afraid to switch to strange wepaons like melee/mindforce/plasma/blp /rifle/hg etc.

Hope it helps a bit

Hard to give good tipps in a constantly changing world. Well maybe thats the first one i can give you. You will have to try out a lot and just stick with what you like lootwise. Never forget that not only the world changes but also your skills, you also might want to upgrade equipment so this is the third changing factor. Equipment can not only be changed in quantity (change of DPS) but also in quality (change of weapon/profession). In some times it might be wise to go eco, so you better follow Nicoles advice, in some times only raw firepower works for me and trying to be the quickest and best hunter in my spawn. Good times might last for a day, a weekendend, a week or a year, but one thing is for sure, one day they will simply stop working for you, especially if you stick to the "never change a running system rule", meaning like you swear on a certain setup of equipment on a certain task (mob, spawn or spot).

At those times when a running system stops working the many questions of change arise, sometimes its even good to stay steadfast in those no loot times and play on the big HoF (turning things into a battle of material aka ped), but its not unwise to ask your friends for their returns first, because sometimes, the system seems to be simply broke and not spending to anybody ( this happens to me in the weeks before a huge event comes, like Eomon, Drone Wars, Mulmun Elite, a new VU etc.), so... sometimes its a good call to log out for the day, the week or another period of time of your choice. New VUs use to change loot behaviour, introduce new items, make old valuable items obsolete (and thus lower their value significantly). So a new VU is always worth some tests.

It makes sense to get a test equipment that is cheap and eco and a competition equipment for the same task (orespot, mob, or even kind of blueprint) so at those changing times you can test cheap first and if you like what you see, grind the task more hardcore.

Upgrading and downgrading equipment is a must sometimes. Same thing with mob, sometimes its wise for me to go hunt argonauts (naked and with max eco), sometimes its better to hire an imp faper and hunt daspletors (in some regards thats 3 dimensions above my skill lol). Sometimes both doesnt work and much of my common stuff either, so i try something new, like changing weapons and professions and go hunt Argonauts with Combustive Attack Chip or club or knife (which is not exactly eco, but often succesfull for me)

See i see it from a miners perspective, you have to prospect (find) the spawns and spots first, do it cheap and far spread. If you found something hot grind it with increasingly higher investment and over longer periods of time.

If you learn to play EU like a gold digger is looking for gold, one day you will find gold :yup:

Last edited:
Set a budget... i for example depo 700ped/month atm and are doin fine.

use the money you got and try different setups on different mobs untill you find a working setup+mob.

stay on that mob and setup untill it stops working and start from 0 again... new setups and mobs untill you find whats working now.

never exceed your budget.

What I do remember from my 7 1/2 years playing is that maybe ammo burn on the gun was returned to you in some way, but not gun decay or the amps used, hell not even the armmor . Back then you wanted to use a gun like imk2 and MM because of the ammo burn, but the guns decayed very slowly... that was a win win situation for the player :)

always interesting to see this view from the experienced players, it means weapon eco (dmg/pec) doesn't count for much if anything. of course, using Imp Mk II or MM which are high eco anyway would distort the picture. I would like to know what a skilled hunter with a high eco BLP would say.

forgot to ask something, does mobs that has higher HP VS lower HP mobs, do they have different payback % in TT value??? meaning does mobs that higher HP has better payback % in TT value?????

Back