Howto backup Entropia

Lazyboy

Hatchling
I want to format my HDD, how can I back up the program? Do I have to download 1GB again after every format?
If there is a thread already covering this, please give me the link to it. I used the forum search but got a lot of results that have nothing to do with this.

I imagine everything is stored in C:program Files/Project Entropia or something like that so maybe you can zip all that up and stick it on a DVD. Don't know whether it'll work or not though so maybe you'll just have to set it downloading through the night after the format!

Lazyboy said:
Do I have to download 1GB again after every format?

How often do you format your hard drive? :eek: :eek:

Like 2-3 times in a year. This isn’t the point. There should be an offline installer. Like in America’s Army.

just copy the entire folder and your okey, done it many times

OK. Thanks. I'll do that.

Well it is lame not to have an offline installer. (Just a thought)

well, you could make one :)
and host it for community... isnt hard to make.

I have PE on a seperate partition to XP, so if I did a re-install, it should (in theory) not effect PE at all....

Dorsai said:
I have PE on a seperate partition to XP, so if I did a re-install, it should (in theory) not effect PE at all....

I have done that and it worked fine. When i formated i just lost the preferences (graphics, connection and stuff), that are stored in registry.
(but as we all know how EU is when it comes to costomization, not a big deal)

And you can find offline installers at ftp://ftp.entropiauniverse.com/Clients
Right now you can only find installers up to VU 8.3, but that's already something.

Last edited:
I have a related problem. I want to backup my Entropia Universe directory to CDs, so I can copy it to my computer at the office. The problem is, the Microsoft backup software doesn't recognize a CD Rom as backup media. Somehow, I will have to burn it to a number of CDs. Even worse, I think one data-file is over 1gig in size. How will I get that over here....?

Call me frustrated.

Sincerely,
Gabriel

I propose to employ the services of a good compression program.
If I may say so this is one of the best: 7-Zip.

Just do a multi-volume archive with CD size if necessary,
this should do the trick.

Maybe it will even shrink it to fit on one CD - haven't tried as no need arose for me yet.

I will give a try when I get home. Thanks for the information.

Sincerely,
Christopher

Whatever you try, you can't fit the full install into a single CD. You can even carefully fit half the file with ANY CD burning software, even WinXP's integrated software.

PS: I have strong feelings against those still using Windows 2000 :rolleyes:

Back