Human bones purchased from NPC in Cyclops Deep: any use for them

Kombinator

Marauder
Society
CCCP
Velikii Komby Kombinator
As many people mentioned, saw an NPC there that seels bones that can form a complete skeleton, are these useful for anything or used anywhere, or are they just a fun novelty at this point?

I wan skellington!

well, since you can't buy the skull, and saw a ''skull'' new item drop inside the instance earlier, might make something out of it :)

Maybe you can make a skeleton pet.

Here is taming.

Actually, there are not enough parts there to form a skeleton. Also, they don't seem to go into a refiner if that means anything. I thought I heard that you need bones for upgrading the amps?

Actually, there are not enough parts there to form a skeleton. Also, they don't seem to go into a refiner if that means anything. I thought I heard that you need bones for upgrading the amps?

No, you need the crystal the mindreavers drop. The same NPC that will do the upgrade also gives the newbie bone collecting mission, though. That is not connected with the (partial) skeletons in this closet. :)

Sorry, mid-summer eve here, getting funny.

I'd be happier using them to avoid Overseer Rakzum. :laugh:

I'd be happier using them to avoid Overseer Rakzum. :laugh:

Maybe you can...? The human bones being a new type of distractor, with higher TT value distracting for longer?

As many people mentioned, saw an NPC there that seels bones that can form a complete skeleton, are these useful for anything or used anywhere, or are they just a fun novelty at this point?

Like this?

redskelton.jpg

I think some how you can summon Overseer Rakzum with these bones, but I don't have clue how.

I've seen Rakzum appear once outside the door right after the guard was killed. Then he revived the guard (made him "reanimated"), and there were two mobs there.

[Master Of The Guard] I have failed you, Overseer Rakzum!
[Overseer Rakzum] Rise, Master Of The Guard!
[Master Of The Guard] I... live... again!
[Overseer Rakzum] Now, let us deal with these intruders.
[Master Of The Guard] Yes Overseer, die human filth!

(I was doing ok trying to kill Razum - until the guard killed the hunter that was shooting on me. Then I got both at me, and as we know Viking ain't that great on impact type mobs.)

Besides the fight taking Place next to Rakzum's Illoyal Servant, I have no idea if/how the bones were involved. Neither Raksum or the guard appeared when I was trading the servant.

As from what I've seen, there are four(+1)* different skulls - and I haven't seen any hands or arms anywhere (except possibly un-pickable ones on the floor.

(*) One normal skull. One skull missing the jaw. One skull with broken jaw, and one skull with mouth open. There is a fifth unrelated skull to, with a different TT value; I Think it was dropped by hogglos, it's for a Blueprint with Candle-in-a-skull.

Last edited:
I also have a couple of Piles of Bones :scratch2:

still no one willing to share info on this? I've never played a game with such a closed community on info =P

still no one willing to share info on this? I've never played a game with such a closed community on info =P

Maybe nobody knows. Maybe it's another one of MA's unfinished storylines.

I think this may be like the egg but on a smaller scale:)

The only think I know is that there are 4 kinds of skulls (with same TT value). And that arms and hands isn't available, at least not available from the NPC (and I haven't seen them auction or in my loot window or anywhere else).

Besides from that I have no idea how to use it.

Sorry for the necro post, but...

Did anyone ever figure out what these bones are for?

Any new intel ? :)

One thing that sort of puzzles me, is that sometimes "Rakzum's illoyal servant" is there, and sometimes he isn't.

First thing I noted it the thought was, maybe he was missing in one "instance" and there in Another (some kind of design slip - maybe he was supposed to be removed but was left in one of the instances), but then later I start to Think if he appears when one of the bosses are killed. Long time ago someone told be about Another NPC, in the same room as Shkah but when I Went there to look there was none there - maybe it's Another NPC that appears there at a rarer occurance (when Onard is killed?).

One guess was that something was supposed to happen after "x" numbers of bones were purchased. A wild thought I had was that you could use the bones as some sort of decoy for Chalte, but I didn't see any obvious "hot spot" and it doesn't seem to be be possible to drop items in the Cave (possibly apples to all instances).

Back