Hunting on quantity or condition?

Wille

Provider
Wilhelm Wille Ung
I was thinking about what the hunters equivalens to the crafters quantity and condition could be. Because I would like to know if am doning the one or the other depending on the amount of resources I have available.

The crafter have the choice of crafting on full quantity or full condition or somewhere in between so Im assume the hunter have a choice as well. So what are the choices a hunter need do.

1. Choose what mob to hunt, and I think this is equivalent to what BP to click for the crafter.

and

2. Choose which weapon to hunt with.

There are many weaponds which have roughly the same DPS and Dmg/PEC, but which differ in decay and ammo consumption. The choice of weapon is what I think constitutes the quantity/condition-slider of the crafting machine.

Thirst thing that got me thinking and maybe it just me seeing things that arent there, but to my experience, I often get back in loot roughly the TT value of the ammo I spent. When using a weapon with low decay and high ammo consumption this is not so bad because I almost break even but when using a high decay weapon whit a lower ammor consumption this means a big loss since I only get the value of the ammo back.

The second thing is that when getting a loot whit an item in it the item always shows up last or even by its own in the loot windows as if it is dropped by a second separate loot calculation.

If these two phenomenon are related, and there are two loot-calculations, maybe we get hides and oils from the ammo part and items from the decay part of the cost.

So what do you all think of this?

(excuse my poor English)
/Wille

Only thing i can think of is maturity of the mob. However hunting has a different system than crafting, i dont think they can br compaired in that way.

Mob HP and sample size. Example: daikiba youngs and 100 ped ammo vs proterons and 100 ped ammo.

Mob HP and sample size. Example: daikiba youngs and 100 ped ammo vs proterons and 100 ped ammo.
Wouldn't you also have to delve into something like using an unmaxed weapon on Proterons? The reason I ask is because condition means your chance of success is reduced, so I would think that if you are using a maxed weapon on both mobs, it's not quite the same as quantity vs. condition.

Wouldn't you also have to delve into something like using an unmaxed weapon on Proterons? The reason I ask is because condition means your chance of success is reduced, so I would think that if you are using a maxed weapon on both mobs, it's not quite the same as quantity vs. condition.

Imho, in my example "chance of success is reduced" is the fact that with 100 peds you kill only very few proterons and can end up with very awful tt returns, unless you get lucky and get a nice global/hof. Same with crafting at low amounts, you can click 100 ped materials with something that costs like 2-5 ped per click and barely get anything back unless you global/hof.

Imho, in my example "chance of success is reduced" is the fact that with 100 peds you kill only very few proterons and can end up with very awful tt returns, unless you get lucky and get a nice global/hof. Same with crafting at low amounts, you can click 100 ped materials with something that costs like 2-5 ped per click and barely get anything back unless you global/hof.
Maybe I'm on the wrong track, but usually with crafting, you aren't reducing the number of clicks based whether you choose condition vs. quantity. But that is what your example of Daikiba vs. Proteron does. I'm not sure if you see what I mean.

What im looking for is a quantity vs condition eqvivalent on the same mob and the same sample size.

/Wille

if you wonna hunt on condition, try 5% taxed phasm wich drop no mu at all, if possible with an awesome gun like an XT+evil :laugh:

I was thinking about this for a little bit, and it doesn't seem to me that there is a hunting equivalent to the crafting condition slider bar.

What im looking for is a quantity vs condition eqvivalent on the same mob and the same sample size.

/Wille

I don't think there is a direct equivalent, though using a maxed limited gun vs using an unlimited gun that isn't maxed but does a significantly higher damage per second compared to the limited gun would be the closest I think you can get. Also I think this will be most noticed on higher hp mobs.

I was thinking about this for a little bit, and it doesn't seem to me that there is a hunting equivalent to the crafting condition slider bar.

If you mean using more PED to kill that the minimum required, it exists.
The same as crafting in condition it doesn't.

Quantity hunting is hunting mobs you can blitz easily. No worries about healing or getting swarmed -- in fact, it's almost better with a swarm. For me, this would be small drones, estos, argos, etc.
Condition hunting is hunting mobs you can barely handle. You die on every 2nd or 3rd mob even with a fapper, or it's a high-maturity high-aggro mob. For me, this would dasps, high-maturity kreltin and aurli, and most high-maturity mobs on Calypso.

Quantity hunting is hunting mobs you can blitz easily. No worries about healing or getting swarmed -- in fact, it's almost better with a swarm. For me, this would be small drones, estos, argos, etc.
Condition hunting is hunting mobs you can barely handle. You die on every 2nd or 3rd mob even with a fapper, or it's a high-maturity high-aggro mob. For me, this would dasps, high-maturity kreltin and aurli, and most high-maturity mobs on Calypso.

That sounds like the best answer so far.... anything that makes hunting more of a gamble is equivalent to the condition slider. It's my understanding that you'll get the same amount of ped out of quantity and condition (if it's a maxed QR 100 bp) but you have to spend a lot more ped on condition to see equivalent returns. Just like you have to spend a lot more ped on big mobs to see equivalent returns, though you will most likely end up spending a whole lot more, but you do have greater chance to loot something UL and nice.

quantity
for hunting - lower maturity same type
for mining - no amp

condition
for hunting - biggest maturity same type
for mining - level 13 amp

just my opinion...:)

quantity
for hunting - lower maturity same type
for mining - no amp

condition
for hunting - biggest maturity same type
for mining - level 13 amp

just my opinion...:)

NO. Mining in quantity is mine in planetside no matter what finder or amp you are use.
Mining in condition is mine in FOMA and Hell no matter what finder or amp you use.

When using a weapon with low decay and high ammo consumption this is not so bad because I almost break even but when using a high decay weapon whit a lower ammor consumption this means a big loss since I only get the value of the ammo back.

/Wille

You know if you're seeing things I must also:) because I also experience what you said there, when I use weapons with low decay vs high ammo consumption I tend to have better return

I think we should make some poll to see others opinion on these

Also, I don't know if this aplies both to (L) and Unlimited weapons, maybe it's just for L

Maybe I'm on the wrong track, but usually with crafting, you aren't reducing the number of clicks based whether you choose condition vs. quantity. But that is what your example of Daikiba vs. Proteron does. I'm not sure if you see what I mean.

What i meant was that in crafting you reduce your chance of success with condition, which means that with low amount of clicks you risk of getting very poor returns.

In hunting you cannot decrease your chances of getting loot from a mob, but you can decrease the number of mobs by increasing the cost to kill (choosing a bigger mob) which more or less plays out similiar in the end. It's not a direct comparission, but you can clearly see the similarities.

But as I see, OP is looking for a direct example with the same mob, which I'm not sure exists.

You know if you're seeing things I must also:) because I also experience what you said there, when I use weapons with low decay vs high ammo consumption I tend to have better return

I think we should make some poll to see others opinion on these

Also, I don't know if this aplies both to (L) and Unlimited weapons, maybe it's just for L

Nice to know I´m not the only one ;), feel free to make such a poll :yup:

Maybe I'm on the wrong track, but usually with crafting, you aren't reducing the number of clicks based whether you choose condition vs. quantity. .

I think with Quality crafting I get more returned mats (I.E extra clicks) than I do when I craft on condition. I still usually go condition for the gamble but I digress.

I think with Quality crafting I get more returned mats (I.E extra clicks) than I do when I craft on condition. I still usually go condition for the gamble but I digress.

I wonder if ammos in loot can be treated as returned material like crafting?

So I thought I´d share some data I gathered whilst doing the Puny Iron missions. I wanted to see which of KiwioII and S.I. Scorpion was best suited fore the task of killing many many puny mobs. As you can see below the KiwioII yielded the best result. But what was interesting to note is that both guns hade a ROI of ammo (no decay included) of ~90% (at least until the I hit a rough patch with the KiwioII at the end).

As far as I can tell, there's no way to increase the multiplier while hunting. You can increase the bet by fighting bigger monsters, but you'll get the same multiplier rolls. The only difference I can see is fast regen vs normal regen, but this seems to only affect the no-loot/frag chance.

Back