Question: Hyperinflated USD might actually be happening now. Is there a contingency plan?

I think with the USD that the largest hurdle it needs to navigate in mid future is the currency strength derived from the petro-dollar.
As well as some oil producers now accepting Yuan, we also have a concerted move to Electric and other none fossil fuel alternatives reducing demand for oil/gas over the next 15-20 years (which will surely affect $ value as a good part of it's strength derives from oil demand/trade).
The IMF were looking at a basket of currencies as one option for world trade already along with other options, but been a while since i relooked at that.

USD will be fine for next 10 or so years i think as petro-dollar trade still strong, after that i would guess is down to how oil demand faltering in future is managed by the US.

I don't think we would see hyper-inflation in the US, but again depends on US fiscal policy, along with world events and strength of Yuan.

All-In Podcast - it's salt and pepper on all things economic, tech, political, social and i never miss an episode, go listen , it'll set your head straight.

As a side note, I'll just mention here that ******** is the new, better Bitcoin. It solves the trilemma of decentralization, security and scalability(speed). You're welcome.

What you were saying was good till this point. And before this thread gets into even more of a crypto debate...

im-out-tolkien-black.gif

Interesting to see a US economic discussion on this forum. US inflation is very suspicious. Earlier this year we keep seeing news about mass layoffs. First tech then extended to retails like Walmart and Disney. We also had bankruptcies from Bed Bath Beyond, JCPenny, and some other small companies. Then we had bank failures. US credit card debt is going up and up. Somehow job reports are strong. Some how inflation are going down while people struggle to afford everyday necessities, some how we will have a soft landing somehow people are saying the US economy is strong and banks are sound and resilient. Somehow stocks continue to go up and up. I don't know what to believe and things definitely don't make sense. Someone is lying about the data and or information.
Exactly! Completely agree.

What you were saying was good till this point. And before this thread gets into even more of a crypto debate...

im-out-tolkien-black.gif
No worries, I understand.

P.S.: Kaspa to da moon!

the last year of bitcoin chart actually looks more stable than gas and energy prices recently...
down only 50%, up only 100%, really no big deal in crypto space

so, a little thought-experiment for you all:

let's imagine EU had one other official currency besides PED, called PEG (depegged PED), and there will only ever be 21M of those, really forever!

wouldn't it be more fun to compete for those, compared to existing shrapnel and the other let's call them "valuable" loots?

do you rather enjoy "official" deeds and shares that pay less interest in fiat than their current inflation rates? i'm just wondering...

at least EU gets cheaper to play over the decades, which is very enjoyable, right?

:LOL:

Having a fixed money supply doesn't prevent the economy from growing. Instead, as the economy grows, you get deflationary pressures and potential higher risks of recessions. If your money is always worth more tomorrow than it is today, that tends to dampen economic activity. There are a lot of issues with a fixed money supply that your simple post doesn't really pay enough attention to.

Technically your wages also have to reduce over time.

There are just a ton of issues that most people gloss over when they try to make a case for Bitcoin as a fixed money supply system...

Back