I can't Download Entropia Universe? can anyone help me?

arnab

Hatchling
hi this is my first time asking help here about the entropia universe game. i can't play it. Here is what i did from step 1 :

1. i download entropia universe from Download Free Software
2. i installed it(on monday 18th)
3. i clicked on on the shortcut of entropia universe and it started download things. but i lost my wireless internet connection after about 10mins. so i aborted it and tried again. everything started downloading but them i lost the connection again after 10mins. this kept on happening for 3 to four times. so i gave up on it and shuted down my computer.
4. i tried again to download it after a day or 2 i keep on getting this message :
Either you are not connected to the Internet or the Entropia Universe servers are down for maintenance.
Make sure your internet connection is working!
Check Entropia Universe homepage and see if the servers are online!
Try again later!

My Internet connection is this one : O2 Broadband - O2 Broadband packages

The one i have is the standard package one.

does anyone what's wrong with it. here is what i got in my computer :
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
3.05 GHz Performance Rated at 9.00 GHz
You Have: 1023.2 MB
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 512.0 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
DirectX Version
Recommended: 9.0c
You Have: 9.0c
Sound Card
Recommended: Yes
You Have: Standard Game Port
Free Disk Space
Recommended: 3 GB
You Have: 64.5 GB

ALL FROM systemrequirementslab.com.

SO CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME please??:mad::mad:

Checked your firewall ? you get those kind of error message when the connection is not allowed.

I can only suggest perhaps a firewall confliction or maybe your firewall just isn't lettin it thru. Either that or try running the program as administrator. Right click, run as administrator. Dunno if this works on xp but it solved a similar issue for me with vista. Good luck mate, hope you get in it's a great game for persistant people. And you seem quite persistant.

Run while you can. :laugh:

Ok, get one of those download managers that plugin to browser and let you resume files, that way even if connection fails, you can always resume what you got.

Then check the router port forwarding.

MA has a support page with the right ports to forward.

about the firewall....

i found the problem. it's my mcaFee and Netlimiter pro which was blocking my connection. i managed to unblock the netlimiter but can't do anything about the mcafee one. been trying for the last hour to unblock mcafee but can't do it and i can't shut it down because i don't how to to do it(there is a button where it says disable mcafee but i can't do it because you need a password for it which only my big brother knows and he won't be back from his work for another 7hours)? can you help with this please?
oh yeah it's also blocking some called the port action. i think it's something to do with what you said Jorael

Last edited:
Pretty sure somewhere in mcaffee there'd be a firewall section. In there you should be able to force it through by changing the settings for the entropia client loader and the entropia.exe file to allow access thru the firewall. Tho i'm not sure. Not the biggest pc nut.

If that doesn't work try control panel, windows firewall, double click, it should say somethin bout havin two firewalls running. Choose the windows one then try to allow access. Just a thought.

you need a password for it which only my big brother knows and he won't be back from his work for another 7hours)

tbh I think you should wait until he gets home, the DL is big and will take many hours ! I know I'd not be happy having my little bro disabling my antivirus while I was out at work lol ;)

can you please tell me step by step of how to do it. i haven't got a clue what to do:eek::eek:. please if anyone else can help, please do it.

tbh I think you should wait until he gets home, the DL is big and will take many hours ! I know I'd not be happy having my little bro disabling my antivirus while I was out at work lol ;)

you are maybe right and i think i am going to listen to you and leave the anti-virus thing alone but there is something i also do. i will listen to e-lite and download the thing he said. but e-lite, can you please tell me what to do after the download has finished. i started it already. it will take about 1hour.

you are maybe right and i think i am going to listen to you and leave the anti-virus thing alone but there is something i also do. i will listen to e-lite and download the thing he said. but e-lite, can you please tell me what to do after the download has finished. i started it already. it will take about 1hour.

If the ftp dl works great , but you (or your brother) will need to open the connection for the clientloader & the exe to get the updates & play.

Good luck, sorry my McAfee knowledge is non-existant but the prinicple applies to all firewall ....no need to touch the AV stuff

After downloading the full installer, all you need to do is double click it to start installation :)

Just for the record, every time you get a version update, Mcafee will probably block the connection again, so you need to allow entropia.exe access once more. Also happens with Norton.

Stinky:yay:

Just for the record, every time you get a version update, Mcafee will probably block the connection again, so you need to allow entropia.exe access once more. Also happens with Norton.

Stinky:yay:
& with Panda

And with windows live onecare, and ca and i'm sure all firewalls. Because the exe files get changed, it recognises it as a new, unknown program.

thanks you guys for helping me out. i got everything going just fine now except 1thing. after i click lunch, a screen come asking for your username and password. i done that and tried to log in but it kept on saying that Entropia Universe is currently offline for maintenance and upgrade. now is that my computer's fault or the server.
could love if someone helped me out with this.

i could just like to say thank you to all of you who helped me. i just started playing the game a couple of hours ago and it's bad ass game but the only problem is that mouse keeps on moving unexpectedly. ohhh...welll..i guess it's the game fault. anyway, thanks again for helping me out.

Back