I found this interessting thread.

hehe

Hmmm cats out the bag again. :D

hmm yeah but they do got a point there.
it's all a dream. but for some it will come true ^^

Nice article ;)

I like this especially
"How would you like to wake up and find that you made $12,000 overnight? Seems like a dream, doesn't it? How would you like to have that $12,000 come from a single drop you found one day while farming in your favorite MMO? Now it seems even more like a dream."

I just can imagin how happy that "newbie" must have been. Haha

Nice find Saphira. This is the type of marketing that helps bring new players into EU. Also great to see current EU players responding and sharing the reality of EU.

Nice find Saphira. This is the type of marketing that helps bring new players into EU. Also great to see current EU players responding and sharing the reality of EU.

Yes indeed. But articles often give the wrong information about Entropia. This one however is right on it! :)

What's with the Via Pinky stuff on there? - I had nothing to do with that article and other than the fact they pinched my Picture of the auction data from the front page.

If they are going to take articles I write they could at least ask first, or even credit the right person - Pinky from "Entropia Universe News"?
a little name drop for the forum would have been good at the very least. (yes I know the link for source take you to the forum article, but who is likely to read the same information twice...)

Nice

Nice, i think i read that before someplace though.

Moonfish

What's with the Via Pinky stuff on there? - I had nothing to do with that article and other than the fact they pinched my Picture of the auction data from the front page.

If they are going to take articles I write they could at least ask first, or even credit the right person - Pinky from "Entropia Universe News"?
a little name drop for the forum would have been good at the very least. (yes I know the link for source take you to the forum article, but who is likely to read the same information twice...)

It seems that much of their article uses info taken from your EF front page story on the same topic.

Not really proper journalistic crediting; at the least they could have provided a link to your story.

It seems that much of their article uses info taken from your EF front page story on the same topic.

Not really proper journalistic crediting; at the least they could have provided a link to your story.

In fairness they did, its labeled "Source" as in the is the source i used for my stolen story :D

I was more annoyed about not asking - as you know, I dont have any issues with people using my stuff as long as they ask first, but also from the point of view that its your forum and I can refer any of these sort of requests to you.

Saying I am an Entropia Universe Reporter rather than Entropia Forum, and taking it without asking and not crediting it properly is all a bit poor IMO but then i had a look at the other stories from the same person and they are all like that - taken from other people...

No major issues, as any adverts EU gets is all good, just wanted to make a point ;)

Letomie-babies, anyone? ;)

They should definetely credit Pinky's good job... But times are changing, people have less respect for each others and their work nowadays...
Good thing about this article is that it's at least not bitching how bad EU is and that it's scam and slot machine, created to trap poor players and suck their money against their will. That's some kind of improvement, I think.
And I would like those all authors of EU reviews to get actual screenshots finally. Almost all articles and informations about EU contain screenshots sometimes taken in very early era of EU... And it would be good if such articles were written by people who actually played the game, made some interviews with participants, gained some real info. Because of some moron journalist who did not understand EU and described it anyway, I haven't started in 2003. Because of old screenies many people would not even consider playing EU, which is loss for us all.
I like new avas, they are quite ok. The only thing I miss are expressions of emotions on faces :(

Interesting the site is owned by AOL. I write and I wouldnt take kindly to people pirating my articles either. Of course creating a news article from another source would`nt quite warrant a cease and desist order especially when you have access to the highest priced attorneys around. But still how lame can they get.

In fairness they did, its labeled "Source" as in the is the source i used for my stolen story :D

I was more annoyed about not asking - as you know, I dont have any issues with people using my stuff as long as they ask first, but also from the point of view that its your forum and I can refer any of these sort of requests to you.

Saying I am an Entropia Universe Reporter rather than Entropia Forum, and taking it without asking and not crediting it properly is all a bit poor IMO but then i had a look at the other stories from the same person and they are all like that - taken from other people...

No major issues, as any adverts EU gets is all good, just wanted to make a point ;)

Well normally, it is considered Plagiarism to take an existing work, make minor rewordings and/or paraphrasings, then present the work as one's own (even if the original source is mentioned). It would have been better if the Massively.com article acutally quoted relevant sections of your story, rather than paraphrase your words and present them in the form of an original article.

Of course it would also have been nice if the Massively.com reporter asked your permission (or that of EntropiaForum.com) beforehand, normal journalistic procedure. And finally, it would also have been nice if they provided a link directly to the source used for most of the article (your EF front page story) and identified you properly as an EntropiaForum.com reporter.

Overall, it's certainly nice to see EntropiaUniverse getting some coverage on other websites, but ideally not by stealing the hard work of others.

Oh man, I acually miss the old avatars :/

I hope when cry engine comes out the avatars will have a better muscle definition like they used to only smoother.

the Nice thing about the older avvys from 2004 is you didn't have to have a super comp or video card just to Render them. but the game was much simpler then as well.

It might be a good idea 711 if you developed a new section of EF for external news to work with. I'll leave it to you to try and develop a way to monetise this, but the EF reporters could be earning by writing articles to publish throughout the world. There might be sindication options worth exploring.

I agree Ozi,

Would be great to have a dedicated area for external news relating to EU.

I spend alot of my time perusing the internet, magazines and newspapers to find the latest articles on virtual worlds.. there are just so many being published worldwide at present.

Whether good or bad 'press', it seems many people are interested in this type of external news. Good idea Ozi

(Would plus rep you.. but "need to spread reputation" before handing it out to you again :laugh:)

Aly

Reactions: Ozi
wow, nice article thank you :)

the Nice thing about the older avvys from 2004 is you didn't have to have a super comp or video card just to Render them. but the game was much simpler then as well.

True, but it was impossible to escape rubber banding, flying and such. I guess we just traded off performance for asthetics over the years (looks like we're going to be doing the reverse with CryEngine - unless of course they optimize it correctly :silly2:).

:wtg:
I like this especially
"How would you like to wake up and find that you made $12,000 overnight? Seems like a dream, doesn't it? How would you like to have that $12,000 come from a single drop you found one day while farming in your favorite MMO? Now it seems even more like a dream."

I just can imagin how happy that "newbie" must have been. Haha

NEWBIE ??????:scratch2:

U mean uber overnight :D:laugh:

Back