I have been Loot Balanced

Chazlow

Alpha
Society
Kaos
Chaz
For the past 14 months I've hunted numerous beginner to medium level mobs and have maintained around a 105% return TT from various means.

However, here are my stats for the past two days:

Mobs killed: 550 (Varied types and maturities)
Non-looting mobs: 408 (74.18 %)
Mobs with loot: 142 (25.82 %)
Mobs looting nova fragments only: 81 (14.72 % of total / 57.04 % of looted)
Mobs with loot other than novas: 61 (11.09 % of total / 42.96 % of looted)
Mobs with loot other than novas that covered cost of kill: 39 ( 7.1 % of total / 27.45 % of looted)
Total TT return: :eyecrazy:

I'd rather lose any profits gained over a longer period of time and continue to enjoy the game while balancing out a 85-90% return in the long term. Just disappojnted in a sudden and total dysfunction in my avars hunting ability.

This is not a post to vent frustration, or whine and I know im not the only one affected.
Simply insight to an 'unbalanced' balancing system.

I have been loot balanced.
Chaz.

omg are you seriously comparing the last 2 days, to your 14 months?

The sky is ******* ;)

Rgds

Ace

omg are you seriously comparing the last 2 days, to your 14 months?

The sky is ******* ;)

Rgds

Ace

Yes, if I had 2 days like this previously then i wouldnt consider it abnormal.
Some days you profit, some days you lose, thats a given.
I track my hunts and my last two data points look like a nosedive into an abyss.

The only point im trying to make is that it is sudden and drastic. Similar to playing for 5 years and then getting that ATH you'd never expect. I guess profit and loss work the same in EU.

Do you know what is your risk profile tag that MA give to your ava? :cool:

You are not alone... It seems that mobs I could hunt economically, usually has 80% lootless...

""Go gamble big or get the hell out of here overskilled f@rt""

You are not alone... It seems that mobs I could hunt economically, usually has 80% lootless...

""Go gamble big or get the hell out of here overskilled f@rt""
So true!

If u get to much skills you haveto change the way you use to hunt. The way you liked to play this game is not there for you anymore, -"addapt or leave".

Yes, if I had 2 days like this previously then i wouldnt consider it abnormal.
Some days you profit, some days you lose, thats a given.
I track my hunts and my last two data points look like a nosedive into an abyss.

The only point im trying to make is that it is sudden and drastic. Similar to playing for 5 years and then getting that ATH you'd never expect. I guess profit and loss work the same in EU.

yes , it will always balance out to an average around 80-90% ( more or less over a huge amount of peds cycled and depending on eco of gear used ).

problem is people tend to give up fast when things go bad , and to give people some perspective on what kind of bankroll u need to survive if system gives you bad time for a while just imagine the following words to be true.

** When hunting a specific mob , to survive a really bad loot swing you must have a bankroll equal or a bit bigger than the expected maximum HOF payout of that mob. **

This basicly means , if you hunt small trox , you need 20k peds to cycle , if you hunt Fresc , you need 35k , if you hunt levithan and prot ( i know many who hunt them with 500 ped bankroll and whine about loosing all ) you will need around 120.000 peds on your card when you start , to be able to survive a bad swing , and to get to enjoy the hunting once loot balances out and you reach a good steady avg return.

This is another perspective on the old " dont hunt above your level " , because this is true not only for your skill level , but also for your ped card level.

cheers

ermik

Honestly, how long did you think you could sustain a tt profit? It had to catch up to you at some point...

Good luck in the future though.

just to say my pain.
Yesterday I got no-looters like never before in my virtual life - around 20 in a row from argonauts. and for the hunt probably 50-80% no-looters I didnt have the balls to count them.
I guess virtual life can suck as the real life :laugh:

This basicly means , if you hunt small trox , you need 20k peds to cycle , if you hunt Fresc , you need 35k , if you hunt levithan and prot ( i know many who hunt them with 500 ped bankroll and whine about loosing all ) you will need around 120.000 peds on your card when you start , to be able to survive a bad swing , and to get to enjoy the hunting once loot balances out and you reach a good steady avg return.

ermik

True. But why you left out daikiba young 2k? :)

Also please consider to count in time factor.
I work... work for money... money I can afford to deposit from.
I can only log into EU after work... and need to go to bed. That's a max 2,5-3hrs window per day.
SO, STOPPING MY HUNTS TOO EARLY????

And the loot return is not showing any tendency (for me) to average out on long time..
(... and I tried everything... even every stupid fanboy advices)

Loot and Balancing simply SUX!

True. But why you left out daikiba young 2k? :)

Also please consider to count in time factor.
I work... work for money... money I can afford to deposit from.
I can only log into EU after work... and need to go to bed. That's a max 2,5-3hrs window per day.
SO, STOPPING MY HUNTS TOO EARLY????

And the loot return is not showing any tendency (for me) to average out on long time..
(... and I tried everything... even every stupid fanboy advices)

Loot and Balancing simply SUX!

then you have more time than me to play , if you play 2-3 hours / day.

read my post again , and try to understand what im trying to say. when i say ppl stop too early im not talking time wise , im talking about the amount of peds they pump into a mob before giving up because of poor returns....

dont get me wrong , im still loosing also , but thats because im testing some things to learn more about the system , but since you are still loosing and getting frustrated , you havent tried everything.

all im saying is to get an average return you must cycle a amount that is relative to the hp of the mob you are hunting, meaning when you hunt daikiba you will reach the avg return faster than if you hunt levithan.

And remember , if you had any uber hofs in the past they may skew your returns even if you do cycle the ped amount needed on a mob , since then system is sucking back some of the "in advance" payment you have gotten earlier ( even years back )

and , the returns i refer to is in tt , not including any markup that you may pay for L weapons , armor , faps etc etc.

cheers

ermik

try changing gun aswell as mob when bad times come along... seems to work from time to time.

or save a days hunting money and go see a movie.

Wow, 14 months at 105%, it seems your avatar has very long loot waves. Now expect 28 months at 55%. :p

GL

snip...

all im saying is to get an average return you must cycle a amount that is relative to the hp of the mob you are hunting, meaning when you hunt daikiba you will reach the avg return faster than if you hunt levithan.

snip...
For me the highlighted text took me about 4 weeks to accomplish & it still isnt average. So MA still owes me :).

It's easy to believe when you're in good loot point that "you got how it works". And yes, that's how EU works, spikes and pits.

then you have more time than me to play , if you play 2-3 hours / day.
ermik

I agree with that... My problem is doing 200+ pedder run on small daik simply will not fit my time.
And on 50-100ped runs, I more then often face these 60-80% lootless and 20-40% TT return.

I got a few 1k+ loots before. But in those times I used to gamble big... CP CND.

I reduced my level... and loot still the same...
(about daiks youngs: lost about 1k ped sofar on them since mission came... so if I would continue on them soon I would hit the 1-2k hoff not a random 4 day old noob?)

As mentioned by Ermik, we had a small discussion about loots v.s tt value
If you wont get plus or atleast getting back your tt value then consider changing your mobs.
What i have noticed by camping Drones for about two weeks now is that if you just hunt them and try to sell all tt with more than 100% you can be able to circle the peds quite good.

If there is some day you will lose 2-300ped there might be time to log off or just change mob for the day.

Ermik told me that you can not win the struggle of TT value with MA and I do believe that is a fact.
Hunt other mobs than mobs that only drops tt-food (who drops MU-strong items) aand you can manage to roll a 80%-tt value of loot to atleast 100%money back.

Consider the TTmachine as your enemy, or atleast just the Ammo-shop and i can believe your return will be better.

Tbh if i were able to depo 5-10k ped and just hunt for those until I have a BIG stack of loot in storage i would do it.

Just because the Loots is bad for week, its not the end of the world!
MA is a buissness and they live for our losses, and if you aren´t willing to change your gameplay or lose money then its no meaning of staying here anymore.

My first goal ingame is Play For FUN, and whenever I dont enjoy playing then i will for sure have a 1-3months break and just login to make sure nothing happens ingame.

Cheers

To OP.
I understand your pain and frustration, but you could expect period like this will come. All I can say here is - be prepared because it may last long.

But I also think that ups and downs are very unabalanced ingame. Its better to loose small amount for a longer time, with occasional profit here and there, than having 14 months 100+% tt return followed by 50% for next 6 months.
Be happy you didnt got any uber on small mob .)
That is usually a disaster.

snip...

I reduced my level... and loot still the same...
(about daiks youngs: lost about 1k ped sofar on them since mission came... so if I would continue on them soon I would hit the 1-2k hoff not a random 4 day old noob?)
I can relate with this comment. Also almost got near to 1k but I recieved back 900 out of a possible 1800. So I was 900 ped down, hunting economically btw :). I then hit a 945 hof on araneatrox :laugh:, cause I wanted the agility gain from it. So yes you will definately eventually get your hof, as ppl pay for them in most cases :silly2:. Gl finding it though!! ^_^

A lot of good constructive comments here that I will try and implement. Thx.

Just to reiterate, im not frustrated, bothered or angered about an 80-90% long term return. I play for fun. Its an enjoyable and challenging game with plenty of nerdy stats to keep my brain bubbling. I knew the good TT return would fail at some stage even though i had continually changed strategy over time. Overall I havent lost much. It just seemed very sudden.

Time to get back on the horse, as they say.

Last edited:
novas are WAY too common and not nearly used enough, imo, balanced poorly i noticed even some bigger mobs are droping novas and blazars more commonly.. so i refuse to hunt at the moment. i think perhaps the loot balancing manager has gotten himself drunk then fell asleep on the "more shit loot" button lol

Back