I want to see clearly now!!!!

Society
Full Spectrum Looters
Cobalt Bismuth DiNozzo
As much as I like VTOLs, and they are great fun, In 1st Person, their vision is limited. It is hard to see anywhere but down. Not only is there a restriction on looking up, the doorhinge seems to be in a direct line with your face! There seems to be better vision in the Passenger seat! Does everyone else have this or is my avatar/vtol screwed.

Its just SOP with design in EU.

Every aircraft made has that Cockpit frame set EXACTLY at the pilots best viewing angle. It makes them a better pilot if they only use the force to fly not their eyes.

I agree. The least they could do is lighten the glass. Everything is so dark outside.

Definitely an aggravating design, I like to fly in 1st person mostly :scratch2: Why it is like this?? Flaw

Agreed with OP. Also, would be awesome if we had the functionality to use mouse for direction like we do in walking/running after tapping spacebar.... maybe in the near future.

Agreed with OP. Also, would be awesome if we had the functionality to use mouse for direction like we do in walking/running after tapping spacebar.... maybe in the near future.

We have :) hold right mouse button and you can navigate by mouse :)

We have :) hold right mouse button and you can navigate by mouse :)

Indeed, but you have to keep the button down.

What SunnyS means (and I was thinking the same) when you run and you tap spacebar, you can steer with the mouse whitout holding the buttons down.

So you can steer smoother and still keep your hands free to type in chat or drink beer. ;)

And I agree with the OP, remove the bar from the view.

Regards,
Ion

agreed it is damn annoying. I agree with the flying by force and feeling, but you are sitting on a chair at a computer... not much force there. So we need vision. And it sucks... alot.

Actually, we're kind of lucky. Did you know that in most helicopter gunships, the pilot is in the REAR seat?

That being said, in a real aircraft, the pilot's head is not in one fixed position, and can move around to afford a wider view of the environment. Since we can't do that, a cockpit redesign with more glass and repositioning the canopy frame to be out of the line of sight for horizontal flight or vertical descent would be good.

I'd love to be able to fly exclusively in first person view, but with the visibility limitations, it's not possible.

Back