Question: If you were trying to skill evade would you do with or without armor ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I am sure there has been discussions on previous posts but I have found in the past that reading old post sometime the latest info could be missing. For example when someone does a lot of testing and publishes the info he does not search the forum for an old post and then replies to that post, he will make a new post. So I am looking for, maybe, new info.

Anyway the question is simple and is there a simple answer ? Just a thought I wonder how much the mob has to do with it.

TIA for you opinions.

No armor needed.

Buy evade skill chips

That said, I have done a lot of revive death skilling, I would say no armor.

...snip...
What do you think is a good Markup mob?

A mob which drops loot which has good markup at the point of time the looting event occurs.
However that being said this is quite dynamic and changes quite often.
You might take a look at RT mobs.

I believe evade skillgain is related to armor decay.

That's assuming u wanna see quick progress. There's probably cheaper/slower alternatives.

I have a strong feeling that I get less hits when I wear armor. Never bothered to test though, but that would mean less potential evade.

If you looking to skill evade or dodge for free then id advise solo sweating as the skill gain is way more then group sweating but the downside is that you gain less sweat due to hits.

Here is the following mobs which you can easy tank and gain a fairly good skill gain.

For evade the only mob i found which was fairly easy and fairly decent skill gain was the wild boar on next island i think their called village boar located in a ring fenced area. only 10 sweat per 1 tho.

For dodge shouldn't be saying this. my special hiding spot in game when i am skint, and no doubt will be flooded. cyrene to be precise lvl 3 dire weed easy tankable, maybe not if your completely new to game but they hold 50 sweat per 1!!! Again i cant remember the area name i go to but theirs a turret. only problem is you need to drag them about 50 meters to 100 meters to the turret from where they spawn but for 50 sweat per 1 not really problem i suppose.

As to skilling with armor, you do get alot more skills but the downside to this is that your armor decays. Best i found for skills was kadra but the decay is insane.

find highest dps melee weapon you can and just tank the hell out of everything. Don't stick with one mob unless you do like one a month, then switch to something else the next otherwise you'll get extremely bored. Pick an area you like with high agro mobs and just tank the hell out of it. Maybe skill 3 or 4 mob types to keep from boredom.

RT mobs aren't really any better than any other really, but markup is a bit higher on some of the loots they have due to supply/demand type stuff, so it wouldn't be a bad area to focus on if you want. Also, if you haven't done the Thing Missions yet, it gives you a few hours of fun. Don't expect great loot in there though since most of it is stuff that's tied directly to the thing's own little fake rce type thing so it's not stuff that's really useable in other parts of the game too much, expect unless you choose to just do the thing mob itself there at the end of that mission chain and tank it... might actually be one of the mobs that's easiest highly agro mobs to get to though since you just go to the end camp, hit t to revive at rig area, then drop down the hole in the floor. expect to die a lot if you do that though without any healer since some of them hit pretty hard, and spawn is fairly thick at times. Haven't tried it much myself, but if I ever start depositing a lot more that's probably where I'll be. ;)

Last edited:
If you looking to skill evade or dodge for free then id advise solo sweating as the skill gain is way more then group sweating but the downside is that you gain less sweat due to hits.

Here is the following mobs which you can easy tank and gain a fairly good skill gain.

For evade the only mob i found which was fairly easy and fairly decent skill gain was the wild boar on next island i think their called village boar located in a ring fenced area. only 10 sweat per 1 tho.

For dodge shouldn't be saying this. my special hiding spot in game when i am skint, and no doubt will be flooded. cyrene to be precise lvl 3 dire weed easy tankable, maybe not if your completely new to game but they hold 50 sweat per 1!!! Again i cant remember the area name i go to but theirs a turret. only problem is you need to drag them about 50 meters to 100 meters to the turret from where they spawn but for 50 sweat per 1 not really problem i suppose.

As to skilling with armor, you do get alot more skills but the downside to this is that your armor decays. Best i found for skills was kadra but the decay is insane.

Nice info, but i doubt it attracts someone with an evader level of 46. And furthermore i guess the amount of gained sweat might be irrelevant as well in that case.

My advice would be the same as Narfi's or Mastermesh's. Melee Hunting ftw! At least when it comes to evade. Alternatively go for Aurli. As they hit pretty fast they should still be good Evade skill mobs.

I miss the time of the old Tantillion spawn east of twins.

Scout bots at Cyrene are the most efficient skilling mob for evade/dodge. Yes you heard right it gives both evade and dodge. Evade when it's within a certain range, and dodge when it's further away. Plus it drops a nice low TT stackables 0.02 ped per unit with 30000%+ MU.

Low damage, but hits a lot! Perfect for skilling. I use the TT armor A.R.C Pilot from cyrene TT, quite eco. You can run into a swarm of them and skill melee or tag a few from further away while skilling melee on the closer ones this way you get both dodge and evade constantly. I've yet to see a more efficient evade/dodge skilling mob out there.

Interesting comments. Seems though some think I want to kill something along with the skilling, I really don't. Maybe because I asked about the high MU mob but that was just for future reference.

Anyway I did solo sweat/un-armored on Ambulimax and Exarosaur and found that I got a few greenies with the ambu but not with the Exaro( actually I gone none). What I did find very interesting was the exaro killed me faster and hit me more often than the ambu. Moreover, it seemed that the exaro was more accurate than the ambu. That is, the exaro hit about every 3 or 4 tries where the ambu hit every 6 or 7 tries, almost double. I would have thought that at my evade lvl that an exaro would not be able to hit very much but that was not the case and I found that strange.

This was not a long test, maybe 45 minutes on each but to me the results were not what I expected:scratch2:

Just a side note I dislike Melee. I did it for about 2 or 3 months straight with a TT sword (when I first started) and then later with a couple of the newer swords. I did all the missions for Cornundacauda and Shinkiba with 5 falx swords. I had 5 because of the low TT and that way I did have to go repair every 5 minutes.
I burned myself out I think:).

Last edited:
if you don't want to fight or eat chips to skill. That leaves sweating mobs, or running into herds to die.

just remember either way, after 2-3 skill msgs, the mob is "skill dry", you may need to turret it or at least move to a dif mob.

if you don't want to fight or eat chips to skill. That leaves sweating mobs, or running into herds to die.

just remember either way, after 2-3 skill msgs, the mob is "skill dry", you may need to turret it or at least move to a dif mob.

Hehe believe it or not I like to sweat once in a while kind of like returning to my roots(I am a lvl 19.8 sweat gatherer) :). Do you really think you only get a couple skills hit even if you are sweating, when doing it un-armored I am usually dead fairly soon anyway. But if that is true and not doubting your word then it would be best to find a new mob after death or 2 or 3 gains. Thanks for the reply.

I am 100% certain that mobs skill dry out. the number of msgs can change I have seen up to 4 but not often, I usually pull to turret after 2 when death skilling against large mobs. I just sweat til dry on small ones..because im after sweat skill gain as much or more than I am evade..

but when dodge skilling dasp on foma for instance, I just pull them to turret after 2 msgs.

Try this!!!

ok really, don't.

Anyway I did solo sweat/un-armored on Ambulimax and Exarosaur and found that I got a few greenies with the ambu but not with the Exaro( actually I gone none). What I did find very interesting was the exaro killed me faster and hit me more often than the ambu. Moreover, it seemed that the exaro was more accurate than the ambu. That is, the exaro hit about every 3 or 4 tries where the ambu hit every 6 or 7 tries, almost double. I would have thought that at my evade lvl that an exaro would not be able to hit very much but that was not the case and I found that strange.
Yes, that's how it is. The classical solo sweat mobs got their evade req upped (meaning nerfed), and then upped again. Ambu was left alone cause group sweating was considered a positive feature. And all the other mobs were left alone because if their evade req would be upped in a similar way all the hunters would be dead, or at least mad like hell! :D

Shows how unbelievably resilient and patient can the sweater-folks be. U can throw anything at em but they'll keep going anyway...

maybe the brood mother would be a good caly solution for this?

also it was proven that mobs stop giving def skills after roughly 2 minutes. you normally get 4 greenys in that time. i think this data was on entropedia but obviously cant check atm... its around somewhere, the guy wore armour for this and did with several types of mob. Also I have found it to be true. They apparently did it to stop people afk fapping to gain evade. I feel its unfair and would like them to unlock it back, at least they are gaining free decay..

Also, its also been shown that the level of mob will effect how much TT gain of the skill u get(also on e'pedia) so obviously on punys u will get lots of greenys but really the TT gain will be small. So hunting a mob your evade isnt maxed on will get yuo more tho obviously is harder to do..

Last edited:
Ah, that. Well, no need to open Entropedia. There's very good research on this made by ForrestPark. I'll quote only the most relevant part here:
The frequency of defense skill gains is beyond the scope of this thread. However, it appears to be derived from three variables:

(a)
The attack rate of the mob, i.e. attempted hits per minute
(b) Your defense level, i.e. your professional stranding in evader of dodger
(c) Whether the mob has got bored and stopped giving defense skills altogether

The info for (a) can be calculated by how many times the mob attempts to hit you. You can count this yourself simply from looking at the mob’s movements, or looking at Entropedia.

The background to (b) is too complicated for this thread. In summary, all mobs miss you less as your related defense profession increases, and some mobs will only start missing you when this defense professions reaches a certain level. These two excellent threads, one from Doer and one from Ace Flyster, are good starting points for further reading:

if you want to focus on skilling evade, I'd think you'd want to hunt the biggest maturities of the mobs with the fastest attack speed that you can handle comfortably... with or without armor would depend on how you handle those mobs with your equipment and skills...

I think Aurli and Korwil both have higher than average attack speed, and a decent range of difficulty for different level players! Not sure about Korwil, but I think Aurli have decent MU loot, and they both have missions as well!... I think Korwil are the fastest, but Aurli are easier to handle!

(probably armor vs. those mobs, unless you have a lot of health and imp/mod fap)

Phasm gave me also a lot of evade skill.:) But they have a fast attack speed.

People skill vehicle repairing at privateers/motherships.

I wonder if it's worth doing with very eco weapon minimal damage. 2 players, 1 shoots constantly the other one faps himself with S.I heart. You'd get only dodge this way. But there are good eco melee weapon too like S.I. Psy-Blade (power fist) which would give you evade.

If you can get skills indefinitely this way. It may be cheaper than chipping in + you will get other defense related skills which you don't from chippin in.

Thing is I don't know if the TT per skill gain is directly related to damage dealt to you. If it is then you'd hardly get any skills from something like S.I scorpion.

Last edited:
Back