I'm new

Ebin

Young
Therefor I'm partially clueless. Now, I loved my economics class, and although reading this stuff is so cool to imagine, I've never been able to use any of that knowledge. Now, I have no money to spend at the moment, but I'm not entirely playing this game for profit, although profit is a good motive.

But moving on my main point is, although they say 'Hey if your new you can go sweating! it requires no money and is a slow and steady way to make your way into the game!" is so much of that actually true? It sounds nice with the game system, but there is also people. So my real question is, How hard do people make it for new people who haven't invested?

Also, I am a diligent player, I can play the same game for 12+ hours straight of there is nothing else to do. It'll be hard at first but nothing is impossible

Therefor I'm partially clueless. Now, I loved my economics class, and although reading this stuff is so cool to imagine, I've never been able to use any of that knowledge. Now, I have no money to spend at the moment, but I'm not entirely playing this game for profit, although profit is a good motive.

But moving on my main point is, although they say 'Hey if your new you can go sweating! it requires no money and is a slow and steady way to make your way into the game!" is so much of that actually true? It sounds nice with the game system, but there is also people. So my real question is, How hard do people make it for new people who haven't invested?

Also, I am a diligent player, I can play the same game for 12+ hours straight of there is nothing else to do. It'll be hard at first but nothing is impossible

you'll find that people are quite friendly in this game, and most always willing to help new players...

as in this game, every item is worth a real monetary value, you'll find that "help" constitutes game advice, showing you places (a.k.a. TP runs), and directing you towards information resources... what you won't find is people giving you beginner items for free ( though they may cut you a deal).

In other words, people are more generous with advice and friendship than in other mmporgs, but less generous with "stuff"

skilling in game is expensive, and therefore, for most, it takes years rather than months of high activity gameplay to become uber... profiting is a rarity, and requires an extreme level of skill, a high level of knowledge, or an enourmous luck factor.

although it is still possible to play the game for free by sweating, you'll find that, now more than ever, the supply of sweat outnumbers demand to the point where it may not be worth it... you can try... but the "fun factor" might dictate that a deposit is in order...

keep reading the forum, and asking questions... and you'll have an idea what is right for you!

Well, that's good to know that people aren't just taking those people who never paid and trying to pull tricks (I'm sure there are still some though). But I was just looking for more of a supportive environment not necessarily one that I get free stuff from, but one where I'm not just the noob. Also considering the amount of time that needs to be applied into the game, I would say it all comes down to what my personal experience will be. If I meet a lot of people and actually feel like part of a community, yeah i could play this for a long time. If it turns out being like swords of the new World and has virtually no community, I'll give it a month or so. But, I might end up investing money into this game if the sweating is too unrewarding. But I consider myself intelligent and lucky (although skillful... ek..)

Anyways how long does this game take to download?

Well first off, welcome!!

where do I start? Put profit out of your mind for now. Sure, it's possible, but you need to learn the ropes so you can decide how you want to play this game.

Consider a mentor. If you find the right one, it can speed up your advancement. I don't know how to tell you how to find a good one, I did not have one. But don't delay your decision, because it wont be long before you skill up enough on your own to not be eligible for a mentor. (what happened to me) Also, consider a society. You will want to do a little research here, but you will probably have more fun with friends than all alone. Societies Rock!

You might want to consider a small deposit to get going, because recent activities (which I won't go into) have made the market for sweat useless to a newbie. That situation will change, I am confident, but as it is now, you would be weeks if not more trying to play for free when a small, say, $20 deposit would get you on the fast track to success.

As far as the people here being helpful? None better. I have played several online multi-player games, and never found the player base so helpful. You have already done the first right step, logging into this forum. When you have a question, use the search function. if that really does not give you an answer, then start a thread. Read anything that looks interesting. Post a response when you feel the need to respond. This is (mostly) a friendly forum and you most likely wont find a flame war here unless you start one.

You have some choices to make right off. How do you want to spend the bulk of your time here? There are a few professions, as I'm sure you know: Hunting, Mining, Crafting, and Trading. Read what you can and try what ever you want. It is all good. The skills add up any way you slice it. If you want to try hunting, and later you decide maybe mining would be better, the skills you build hunting will still help you when mining, so there really is no "bad" choices.

GL friend, if you want to meet up ingame sometime, send me a PM here and we will work out a time.

I haven't deposited yet at all, and its hard to get anything to go. In 2 weeks of sweating I've gained only about 40 ped, mostly because people aren't buying it at a decent price. So roughly, I've made 2 dollars a week. haha

That being said though, sweating is a great way to raise basic skills. While sweating you will garner sweat gathering, concentration, intellegence and psyche from a successful sweat and from being hit by a mob you will gain evade, alertness, athletics, and courage. If you not sure if you want to invest in the game sweating is a good way to get to know the game, gain some skills and learn the community.

Its always suggest to find a good mentor and join a good soceity to help you out at as well. They will provide you with tips and sometimes even your mentors or soceity mates will buy your loot and sweat, just to get you started.

Last note, dying in this game is painless. You will lose nothing at all, and you actually gain skills by being hit by mobs.

Good points, I like to hear that it is a helpful community (The best I've ever seen is Atlantis, if this game tops that then... food might not even be as important as this game... jk). But I don't think with the addition of another newcomer that is hesitant on paying is going to make supply of sweat go down or demand of it go up. Still though, guess that depends on the future. And whether or not I pay depends the same.

Heya and welcome to ef :)

Like the others have said already, don't think about profit for now but about having some fun, meeting new people and exploring the two continents with all the mob we have so far!

I also want to point out Alice's guides. Just google and search for "Alice in Wonderland Entropia guides". They're full of information you will need, knowledge is power in here :laugh: and search in ef is your friend :D

Welcome to EU!! The community here is by far one of the greatest of any MMO that I've played. The majority here are very helpful, and finding a good mentor and/or society can make things even better.

It is very possible to make it without depositing here, although throwing in a few PEDs every now & then can help to make things progress a lot faster. Starting out, you can go sweat gathering or fruit/dung/rock walking to earn a few peds and gain some skills that will help you out a lot in the long run.

Whenever you have questions, just ask! There is almost always someone willing to help out in EU and here on the forum. There are also a few very helpful guides; many of them are here on the forum. You may want to look for Alice's guide to EU as well. I'd also recommend studying the auction/market values when you get the opportunity.

Welcome, good luck, and enjoy your journey on planet Calypso! :yay:

Alright, find a good mentor. Join a Society, and ask questions. The three only mandatory steps to starting right? Sounds great. Can throw in some cash to speed up my start too (Also great). Also judging from what i've been reading by this "Sweat Crash" I might thoroughly enjoy this game with it's dynamic economy built right in. Albeit it's not going to help me at first, it will give a good conversation topic. Also from what i've read, it is a very very long term committing game, but also I see great possibilities in this game. Ever get mad when you play a game that has so many possibilities that could have been done, but the game never quite did any of them? I hope this game's only limit in possibility, is from what time and effort I put into it.

welcome to ur new home...:hug:

i've been playing this game for 10 months and have to admit..im addcited:D

have u actually logged in yet????

the game takes ages to download, (altho that might be due to my computer:rolleyes: )

my advice to you is definately find a soc...my soc is the most awesome soc:wtg:..and im not biased...honest..:silly2:

lol...wotever u do...have fun :yay:

lily :grouphug:

Welcome to Entropia.

Apart from what's been mentioned above (apologies if i make a mistake haven't read all replies) there are some crazy events you can take part in.

Like this one:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/events/154410-wof-opalo-hunt-4-hof-ii.html

ok it's a bit of shameless advertising but appropriate here as well. Hunts like these are fun because it gives newer players to hunt Uber mobs and be uber in a way albeit for a short while.

What you need is an opalo this is the basic TT gun i.e. bought from any trade terminal for a few peds.
On the hunt you will need 20peds of ammo that's not a huge amount but could be a problem for you if you are literally new.

On the plus side it's a great way to have a bit of fun. Which many people forget about and get carried away with the money side of the game. Also to meet new people, these kind of hunts also have a chance of looting a big but thats not really shouldn't be the main focus.

Welcome and hope you have fun, whatever you do.

(oh there are also many other events going on rat race for example, you can find info on these on this forum in the events section.)

I also want to point out Alice's guides. Just google and search for "Alice in Wonderland Entropia guides".
dang, that worked :eek:

i had never thought it can be found with google ^.-

either way, i recently updated it, so it should be a bit more up to date now, there is a link in my signature for it too :)

i could also offer mentorship as well, link in sig as well :)

either way, the standard stuff has been mentioned already :D
so, gl and hf :)

I second the opinion to read Alice's guides. That is what I did and at first I thought they were the official mindark guide.

One of the best things to do right off is TP runs. Sooner or later you will need all the TP's. And basically it is free. I got her maps and followed her directions and that kept me entertained long enough to get hooked on the game. Some of them are more difficult than others, and you might even get stuck at an outpost surrounded by nasty mobs you have no chance of getting past. If (when) that happens, ask for help. If a stranger comes by or revives there, ask them. Or come on the forum and ask, as many said, people here will help you.

For some reason, every time Alice posts here, I find myself stuck staring at the screen for several minutes before I can move to the next post. I just can't figure it out.

Back