Question: Impact of Armor on Defense skill gains

Glenden

Old
Glenden Sassy Star
Hello All,

I was wondering if wearing armor impacts the number of defense skills that can be gained when a mob attacks you?

Regards,
:tele:

No. Unless you count healing skills as a result of having to heal.
However, MA has announced the will be adding skills for armour that effect how efficient you are at using UL armor, Soon TM.

Thank @Geo
I was referring only to the defense skills like evade, dodge, etc.

Ah, didn't know about that. Hope the armor skills implementation doesn't drag me down into red zone (loss) than I already am :)

As it is now with UL armor, the more decay it has the less protection it offers.
With the new armor skills it will make you more efficient using UL armor. The higher your armor skills, the less decay effects the defense of a UL armor piece.

There is no negative to this being implemented. It’s a win win for the player base.

As it is now with UL armor, the more decay it has the less protection it offers.
With the new armor skills it will make you more efficient using UL armor. The higher your armor skills, the less decay effects the defense of a UL armor piece.

There is no negative to this being implemented. It’s a win win for the player base.

Makes sense. Thank you @Geo

I would answer yes, armor directly accelerates the acquisition of defense skills by allowing you to take bigger hits, longer. At a certain point your evader wont move very fast at all without armor that allows you to take the hits for hours on end for many high end mobs (since low mobs just wont give you defense skills)

I would answer yes, armor directly accelerates the acquisition of defense skills by allowing you to take bigger hits, longer. At a certain point your evader wont move very fast at all without armor that allows you to take the hits for hours on end for many high end mobs (since low mobs just wont give you defense skills)

So if you use an Healer the result will be the same and you dont have any decay in armor!
Armor decay dont provide hunter more skills! thats all you need to know

Isn't it so that you actually get more defensive skills the more damage you take (not the armor)? So if the armor absorbs it all, it's less defense skills than if you say hunt naked with fap. Am I wrong?

Armor does not directly effect skill gains.

@LavaSparks I too had the same line of thought for about a year now, that's why I asked here to clear up my doubt once and for all.

I also think if one wants to test this, then probably (preferably a low-level player) can go and hunt 250-500 low-level mobs with and without armor and compare the skills gains. (Not sure if this test will work, just a thought).

Back