Question: Implants of yet to be unlocked skills?

kingofaces

Stalker
Tony KingofAces Hans
Let's say I have an implant or a mission reward coming in of a skill I haven't unlocked yet. Is that skill added like normal (and it just can't be increased naturally until unlock), or is that skill wasted if it's before that point?

Skill will be there is red but no effect till you unlock is my guess.
Few years back i chipped out some mining related skills and that made an unlockable skill red as levels went below required

I think he's reffering if he can get skill points before he has unlocked the skill and the response is no.

I think he's reffering if he can get skill points before he has unlocked the skill and the response is no.
To clarify, I was asking what happens to the TT of that skill. If it's not unlocked you won't have skill points yet obviously, but will those skill points automatically show up once you get it unlocked?

That or would the mission reward of TT skill, etc. just disappear into the ether if you don't have it unlocked and you will never get the skill points even if you unlock the skill later?

I assumed it works just like how Mike mentioned when you chip out and have to reunlock the skill, but you don't lose existing skills. Still, I thought it was possible that the system locks out any addition to that skill whatsoever (i.e., implants or missions) if it isn't unlocked rather than only natural skill gains. That's mainly what I was checking on. I could be finding out myself soon too though.

Which mission awards skills that are behind locks? Also how large is the expected reward?

Which mission awards skills that are behind locks? Also how large is the expected reward?
Not many, though the chimera weekly mission on NI has 1 ped of material comprehension. I was hunting them anyways along with the mission when I realized I technically don't have that skill unlocked yet.

Well question answered. The mission wouldn't allow you to take any of the unlockable skills unless you were above the level requirement. Curious if it's the same if someone attempts an implant like that.

The situation won't happen actually.

The way NI dailies work is there are a bunch of options. You will only be given options of ones you have unlocked. For this daily there is:
Mechanics, Concentration, Medicine, and Material Comprehension. 3 of them are base skills. I'm 4.89 material designer myself so I'm holding at 750 Chimera atm as I'd also like the material comprehension, so I go to 1,000 now I won't get the option as a choice. I think a Reza boar daily and a couple LE dailies should be enough to put me into the level 5 unlock.

The situation won't happen actually.

The way NI dailies work is there are a bunch of options. You will only be given options of ones you have unlocked. For this daily there is:
Mechanics, Concentration, Medicine, and Material Comprehension. 3 of them are base skills. I'm 4.89 material designer myself so I'm holding at 750 Chimera atm as I'd also like the material comprehension, so I go to 1,000 now I won't get the option as a choice. I think a Reza boar daily and a couple LE dailies should be enough to put me into the level 5 unlock.
I did happen to me actually. You get the option in this case as when I was under level 5 for mat. designer it did show up. It also says you can't select it unless you are at the required level though, so I had to pick one of the other skills that wasn't really worth it for me.

Back