Important Upgrades for Auction! [Possible Reseller Preventer included]!

Taxita

Guardian
Society
Balance of Justice
Black Cat Taxita Taxita
New features for Action and Items?

Well, there has been a lot of talking about Auction upgrades and i dont know if what im going to tell you about has been spoken about before...

There is a lot of people buying things in auction every day and also a huge amount of people that is selling things every day.

I have a small list of things that could be updated in auction that would help people to navigate easier!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Armor Sections!

When looking on armors in auction at the moment you press;
*Items/armors/Specific armorpart or Armor Attachments

What if MA introduced Male and Female armor sections? It would be like 3 different ways (folders);
*Items/Armors/Armor attachments
*Items/Armors/Male/Specific Armorpart
*Items/Armors/Female/Specific Armorpart

It would be a lot easier to navigate for thoose who are lazy ;)

2. Auction PM's!

The auction PM's could be one way to push the bad resellers down to the ground, actually!

If you are able to send PM´s to the seller of one item, you might be able to get an answer fast, you dont need the number 5. in this post, you will be able to share your opinions!

To take ML-35 as an example is great at the moment since a lot of people are frustrated about what is going on with the resellers!

What if a reseller put 10 ML-35 in auc for TT+2.7k each?
People will send 1 PM to him each, and say "Your price is way to high.. If you stop hike prices like this people might want to buy things from you"...

This is really not going to start a "spammer problem" because everyone that knows about the rules in PE knows that it is not allowed to harass others, or even bother them in a way that is unsatisfying! Wich means, that if one start to spam a market manipulating reseller he will be just as bad and illegal as the reseller himself!

This PM ability will not just stop resellers more or less. It will also increase business and decrease the preassure in the auction.

My very opinion about this PM thing is that it might lead to a antireseller-revolution!!

3. Wanted Items!

Lets look at it as a fact that you want Shadow Harness (M).
You have a folder in Auction called "Wanted Items". There you are able to write the name of your wanted items in.
Imagine that you write Shadow Harness (M) in it, and every time a Shadow Harness (M) enters the auction you will recieve a note (like the auction notes you recieve when you have won an item in auction.)!
The note will contain;
*TT Value
*Opening bid.
*Buyout bid.
*Current bids.

When ever you feel like removing the request - just do so! Enter the folder of "wanted items" in auction and delete your request..

This "wanted item"-list will ofcourse be privat and every avatar would have one.
Wouldnt that be great?

4. Weapon Information

A lot of things is displayed when looking on info about guns.
But what about the abitily to amp weapons?
Shouldnt the info display if the weapons are ampable or not?

It's nothing to argue about in my opinion. Its just as important as a lot of other informations!!

5. Society Name!

One thing that could be introduced is "AVATAR NAME + SOCIETY NAME"-thing!

Nowdays, the only thing that is displayed when looking on a specific item in auc is the avatars full name. What about the socname thing?...Wouldn't it be great for the buyers who wants to make some further negotiations with the sellers to be able to look on the name and say like "Ahaa! That guy is in Balance of Justice, it will be a lot easier for me to find that dude for some chating.. Perhaps he wants to provide me with enmatters every weekend" ?

It's is not a super solution. People are able to find eachother anyways but im convinced that it would help a lot of people..

Every single feature of theese three will prevent resellers more or less, direct or indirect.

Regards,
Taxita :tongue2:

I like #2 - You could "haggle" with seller possibly for a better price.

I like #3 - You'd know when something you're looking for goes up on auction.

Az

oh lord, i did never believe that my ideas were soo bad that i have to bump them? :D

Perhaps you should be a little more patient and wait a little more than 2h to have some feedbacks on your answers ? Usually, you bump a post 1 day after posting ;)

As for my opinion on your ideas :
#1 Nice and add a way to sell full set and it'll be perfect :tongue2:

#2 I already see the Spamming coming. I don't think it's the right solution to stop resellers. Moreover, atm, offline PMs aren't available ingame, it would be quite hard to send a PM to a seller who's not online ;)

#3 #4 #5 Why not but it seems to me that some others features are a little more urgent than those ones :)

Isn't #3 already implemented with the order mechanism? And isn't it a thing that helps ressellers, because they automatically buy the kind of item they want? I'm not sure that it's a very god idea

ufcfl said:
Isn't #3 already implemented with the order mechanism? And isn't it a thing that helps ressellers, because they automatically buy the kind of item they want? I'm not sure that it's a very god idea

The feature is not implemented... Its not a way to help resellers, its a way to help the players!...We should look on everything that could put a stop to resellers insted of what is helping them...since - if there were no real money involved - noone would care about resellers...and if there were no guns or armors or items at all - there would be no resellers!...
we have to face the fact that there is resellers that is taking advantages of this game just as much as we have to face the fact that this game is made for the players who wants to have a great time playing it!
Nothing should stop the developing of PE!

"#3 #4 #5 Why not but it seems to me that some others features are a little more urgent than those ones "

Answer: Ofcourse!...There is a lot of urgent things to take care of in PE, but there is still other things to improve!..:Things that is a lot more urgent is already mass-posted, or not posted at all - so since you know that there are much more urgent things to take care of - why dont you post them?

C: "Noone knows it before they knows it"!..

Post your ideas of improvements and help to develop a fun and secure game instead of telling people that their ideas aint as important as others :wise: ...

Thanks again for your posts! Its good to hear your points of view :)

Regards,

Very nice ideas. Some of them would need some modifications, though. I think you would also have had more feedback on this matter if you had posted this on the "Wishlist" subforum (I know that Marco takes a look at that forum every once in a while).

Nice ideas. Another good armour category would be 'full set'.

I like the idea of #2

Perhaps for messaging a seller who is offline it can be done like with auctions curtrently done.. you get a message that says your item has been out bid or you won.. if your offline you get it as soon as you log in.

Also an option to PM the person your bidding against for an item, ut to prevent abuse have it so you can only pm that person if your are also bidding on the same item (you must alread have placed a bid or counter bid before you can pm them). This would prevent bid wars by allowing the 2 peopel i a bid war to make an arangement on who gets the item. It would also save you having to jump from town to town, auction to auction to try to track down your competition to talk to him/her in person.
This would also help to reduce the type of people who will only bid on a n item and get in a bid war just to relist the item with a minimum bid of a few ped more than what they just won it for.
While the person who geunintely wanted the item to use could have an oppertunity to get the item to hunt with or to decorate their apartment.
There has been many a time where i was in a bid war with someone, sometimes lasting hours and with cost getting up in to the many dzens of ped or een in the hundreds only to find they listed again for 5 ped more and a buyout of another 10-20 ped.
In those case i woulda much rathered to pay that person off 5-10 ped to drop out when the price is still low and before a great deal of time is spent in a bid war.

A feature that I'd like to have more than any other is a search function. It shouldn't be that hard to implant and it's alot more efficient than all these categories.

No messages pls

I am totally against Auction PMs because they bring little or no benefit to sellers, and there is a lot of potential for abuse.

One of the reasons players put things up on auction is because they don't want to haggle with others. They really don't want 10 PMs from people complaining that "your price is too high", "PlayerX is selling at 2 ped cheaper", "I can get it cheaper in Port Atl.", "Pls don't sell to PlayerY", etc.

Folks, that's why it is called an auction. If the price is too high for you, then do not bid. If the seller set prices too high, then the problem solves itself because no one will bid.

In addition, items in a PE auctions are WYSIWYG. There is no point sending PMs "to get more information". All item details are listed automatically.

Full Armor

Fin said:
Nice ideas. Another good armour category would be 'full set'.

I second that. I've been reluctant to list full sets because of the auction fees.

However, I think MA might be too greedy to implement it. Right now they get a minimum 6ped when you list most armors (nearly all have six separate parts).

- Heptapod :cool:

Recoda said:
A feature that I'd like to have more than any other is a search function. It shouldn't be that hard to implant and it's alot more efficient than all these categories.

Indeed search would be very usefull! :)

Heptapod said:
I am totally against Auction PMs because they bring little or no benefit to sellers, and there is a lot of potential for abuse.

One of the reasons players put things up on auction is because they don't want to haggle with others. They really don't want 10 PMs from people complaining that "your price is too high", "PlayerX is selling at 2 ped cheaper", "I can get it cheaper in Port Atl.", "Pls don't sell to PlayerY", etc.

Folks, that's why it is called an auction. If the price is too high for you, then do not bid. If the seller set prices too high, then the problem solves itself because no one will bid.

In addition, items in a PE auctions are WYSIWYG. There is no point sending PMs "to get more information". All item details are listed automatically.

You are right in a way, for sure...But there are other things to think of when implementing PM´s in auctions...Further negotiations is one of them...
Its one way for the sellers to benefit from selling in auc...They might get friends and contacts.... :)

Regards,

auction PM with option for everyone like " if you wich to get PM from auction from uther player, press YES, if you do not wich this press NO.
this would be great solution for everyone

jhonny said:
auction PM with option for everyone like " if you wich to get PM from auction from uther player, press YES, if you do not wich this press NO.
this would be great solution for everyone

It would be good for every reseller in the way that noone would be able to share their opinions or possible negotiations with resellers, because every smart reseller press "NO" on your subrscribed options...

Regards,

humpybumpy...

Im against (not very stronly tho) PM option too. Otherwise nice ideas.

What i miss often is some sort of "group by this item" button.

Damned! Maybe i have never tried to click column headers... :duh:

Back