Improved 'positions'

Vedder

Marauder
Improved position coordinates

It's so annoyingly difficult to tell someone where you are in PE, when your not at a TP.

And It'd be so easy for MA to make another Position function that writes your position coordinates in the currently active input field... Sort of like a macro or something, so you automatically get your current pos in the chat-field/PM window and can send it to whoever you like.

More advanced possibilities would of course require a bit of work from MA, but could be way cool. I imagine something like this:

A new function you could activate like the rest of the stuff in the quickbar. When the new 'Position' is activated, you get a dialog to choose to send your position to one of these:
- Your own map
- Soc mates
- A person in FL
- Team mates

The ones receiving a 'Position msg', can accept or decline it. If accepted the position is marked on the map for 2 minutes.

I think MA really have created a huge room for improvements on how ppl find each other in-game when not around a TP. This is a high-tech world, right? I'm sure something could be done.

Last edited:
Really not that hard pressing "p" and writing coords? :)

Besides [CTRL+C] and [CTRL+V] work also ingame.

Does it? Cool. Thx, I didn't know that.

And I know it's not a big thing, but it still annoys me. Ehm... used to annoy me a long time ago, before I found out about the copy&paste. :whistle:

Skam said:
Really not that hard pressing "p" and writing coords? :)

I was on the hunt Ved is talking about, and pressing "p" and typing in the coords in a time of heated battle can be a little hard to do if back-up is needed.

Deep down we all want somthing more done with chat and the map, I for one think this is a good idea. :girl:

kalanen said:
Besides [CTRL+C] and [CTRL+V] work also ingame.

Hmm... Just tried that.
I can only copy text from the input part of the chat window, not the coords or what others have written.
Am I doing something wrong?

Back