Improving the game with subsidies

WolfStar

Old
I have an idea.
Maybe MindArk instead of trying to sell the shares needed to implement the changes,
which will have an impact on the additional costs incurred by the players,
the laws of economics, nothing comes out of thin air.
So we will have to be more loss-making as a player,
to pay off shareholders.

Try a form of donation support like kickstarter.

I understand that the cost of hiring the right person for the position may exceed the budget.
Alone despite knowing a couple of game engines and programming languages,
at a time when even for a simple function of GM-CM-MOD etc. companies began to pay those willing,
in the form of items generated by the game. I stopped being in the environment and focused on the logistics zone.

But to the subject.

I propose a form of subsidy to hire a craftsman temporarily, through crowd funding.

A player who supports the game would be given the opportunity, for example.

$40 cap "entropy universe" (The cost of producing the cap is currently hovering around $3 at 100 units)
$80 hoodie
$120 backpack, And so on...
300-500$ own mission from the donor's terminal.
1000-3000$ own mission chain with an item reward. The donor would receive for each person who completes the mission lets say a dollar.
3500$(overpaid I know maybe 2300 max can be given) own UL vehicle capable of Warp. like equus etc. but new in design, etc.

And ideas can be more and more custom, such items that will not damage too much of the game ecomomy,
because, as we know, the economy in the game is more of a balloon than it has any right to be.

I think this form will be more helpful than other attempts to raise capital.
Soon with plans for UE5, and rumors in the game world your unlikely to get new players permanently.
Lets think.

Yours sincerely.
WolfStar

I have an idea.
Maybe MindArk instead of trying to sell the shares needed to implement the changes,
which will have an impact on the additional costs incurred by the players,
the laws of economics, nothing comes out of thin air.
So we will have to be more loss-making as a player,
to pay off shareholders.

Try a form of donation support like kickstarter.

I understand that the cost of hiring the right person for the position may exceed the budget.
Alone despite knowing a couple of game engines and programming languages,
at a time when even for a simple function of GM-CM-MOD etc. companies began to pay those willing,
in the form of items generated by the game. I stopped being in the environment and focused on the logistics zone.

But to the subject.

I propose a form of subsidy to hire a craftsman temporarily, through crowd funding.

A player who supports the game would be given the opportunity, for example.

$40 cap "entropy universe" (The cost of producing the cap is currently hovering around $3 at 100 units)
$80 hoodie
$120 backpack, And so on...
300-500$ own mission from the donor's terminal.
1000-3000$ own mission chain with an item reward. The donor would receive for each person who completes the mission lets say a dollar.
3500$(overpaid I know maybe 2300 max can be given) own UL vehicle capable of Warp. like equus etc. but new in design, etc.

And ideas can be more and more custom, such items that will not damage too much of the game ecomomy,
because, as we know, the economy in the game is more of a balloon than it has any right to be.

I think this form will be more helpful than other attempts to raise capital.
Soon with plans for UE5, and rumors in the game world your unlikely to get new players permanently.
Lets think.

Yours sincerely.
WolfStar
I dont know if you are aware, Mindarks goal is to not own any planets but just managing the universe. Selling parts of calypso is great.
When caly no longer is in Mindarks hands, there wont be anymore favoritism towards Calypso.

I dont know if you are aware, Mindarks goal is to not own any planets but just managing the universe. Selling parts of calypso is great.
When caly no longer is in Mindarks hands, there wont be anymore favoritism towards Calypso.
If Caly is not sister company of MA then why Caly and MA social media spam same info? Same person is admin there. Also remeber that no one buyed Caly, that was made to shares. I could even look up in to Ark situation, but maybe thats to much storm.

This seems to rest on the false presumption that shares are nothing more than an instrumental means to the end of funding the development of Entropian experiences similar to yours (which we might infer to be acutely focused on Entropia as a consumption good with little to no regard for Entropia as an investment good). In fact, opportunities for users to invest are as essential to a reasonable model of Entropia as are opportunities for users to experience entertainment. The real Entropian experience is not singular. It is cultivated by the individual user, supervening on his or her beliefs, desires, decisions, goals, and behavioral processes, over the union of both consumption domains and investment domains. There is nothing wrong with a preference for focusing exclusively on the consumption domain affordances Entropia has to offer, but it is important to recognize that the resulting user experience is a but a facet of a much larger and much more precious gemstone.

To be honest Calypso is still the best made planet. The making and edit of other planets are weak.
I playd a lot on Cyrene. Just see the spawn locations, its just dots on the map. Just a click in the editor. cluster of mobs. There is no work put intoo the world.

To be honest Calypso is still the best made planet. The making and edit of other planets are weak.
I playd a lot on Cyrene. Just see the spawn locations, its just dots on the map. Just a click in the editor. cluster of mobs. There is no work put intoo the world.
Nah mate, ROCKtropia is where it’s at

We got the best dungeons bar none, “The Proxy” is still the coolest dungeon in-game by far and I’m including the new Spina instance!

We got Lemmy’s Castle we got Zomhattan, we got a whole nightclub, a shopping district, Dragon Kingdom, we got HELL and Secret Island… tons and tons of different scenery and landscapes!

To me Caly feels vast but oh so empty…completely devoid of any personality or charm, just endless plains or forests…with the odd building here and there that serve no purpose

We got the best dungeons bar none, “The Proxy” is still the coolest dungeon in-game by far and I’m including the new Spina instance!

We got Lemmy’s Castle we got Zomhattan, we got a whole nightclub, a shopping district, Dragon Kingdom, we got HELL and Secret Island… tons and tons of different scenery and landscapes!

To me Caly feels vast but oh so empty…completely devoid of any personality or charm, just endless plains or forests…with the odd building here and there that serve no purpose

None is perfect. But at last they are more active on calypso. Anyways there is a the same problem all over Entropia. Bugs, eamty space. vase open place where there is nothing.

Nah mate, I love RT but most missions are bugged after alot of effort and cash.

I have done a mission with a huge amount of kils only to find it bugged and screwed.

I do love Rocktropia, don't get me wrong.

I have done a mission with a huge amount of kils only to find it bugged and screwed.
that's just wrong, so sorry it happened :(

2nd person I hear of (out of probably way way more) to whom it happened. do you happen to remember which mission that was?

I have long been surprised that MA doesn't offer some sort of subscription either as a way to get ped flowing into accounts without extra effort, or attached to some kind of universe-wide perks.

They are not going to do this with ped as MA loses some % for CC service fees, so they won't give u just money cheaper which u can use freely in game (or withdraw). Only way they can do something like this is with UA or something else which will force you to cycle.

Subscription for what?
thisEUplayer's suggestion is similar to some I've seen in other games. granted, those games are not RCE, so this would have to be considered.

but there are other possibilities. i'm not advocating anything specific. but here are some off-the-cuff ideas.

you could add a cocktail of weak pill effects as permanent buffs while subscription is active, in a separate effect slot. the exact numbers could be tweaked to satisfy the incentive and balance. you could even have tiers of subscriptions that scale those effects.

you could also have different subscription "classes". each sub would get a set of constant buffs and also get a subscription strongbox (no key required) once per month. a hunter sub might give hunting-related buffs and the crate drops hunting-related stuff. crafter sub, mining sub, and maybe even a beauty sub or mindforce sub. anyway, this would allow customization. would want to be careful that whatever was done didn't nuke the pill trading economy or the crafter economy.

other mechanics that might be considered.

X number of free instant auction house transfers of purchased items per month. A number (2-3?) of non-tradeable warp tokens per month that can be used like a warp drive while in space, giving you the "teleport" interface like TP chips do. tell me you wouldn't pay a sub for that.

there could be some newly-created instances that are gated behind the subscription.

Planet Partners could also be given incentive by MA to create their own content for subscribers.

some of these ideas are going to be more divisive than others for different reasons.

the TLDR:

you can have one sub or you can have multiple tiers. both have been done.

you can have permanent active buffs.

you can have tokens for services.

you can have "playstyle/class-specific" buffs.

you can have special strongboxes.

you can have gated content.

it's important that to the greatest degree possible, these perks do not wreck existing economies or playstyles, and finds a way to integrate this subscription across all planets in some way.

thisEUplayer's suggestion is similar to some I've seen in other games. granted, those games are not RCE, so this would have to be considered.

but there are other possibilities. i'm not advocating anything specific. but here are some off-the-cuff ideas.

you could add a cocktail of weak pill effects as permanent buffs while subscription is active, in a separate effect slot. the exact numbers could be tweaked to satisfy the incentive and balance. you could even have tiers of subscriptions that scale those effects.

you could also have different subscription "classes". each sub would get a set of constant buffs and also get a subscription strongbox (no key required) once per month. a hunter sub might give hunting-related buffs and the crate drops hunting-related stuff. crafter sub, mining sub, and maybe even a beauty sub or mindforce sub. anyway, this would allow customization. would want to be careful that whatever was done didn't nuke the pill trading economy or the crafter economy.

other mechanics that might be considered.

X number of free instant auction house transfers of purchased items per month. A number (2-3?) of non-tradeable warp tokens per month that can be used like a warp drive while in space, giving you the "teleport" interface like TP chips do. tell me you wouldn't pay a sub for that.

there could be some newly-created instances that are gated behind the subscription.

Planet Partners could also be given incentive by MA to create their own content for subscribers.

some of these ideas are going to be more divisive than others for different reasons.

the TLDR:

you can have one sub or you can have multiple tiers. both have been done.

you can have permanent active buffs.

you can have tokens for services.

you can have "playstyle/class-specific" buffs.

you can have special strongboxes.

you can have gated content.

it's important that to the greatest degree possible, these perks do not wreck existing economies or playstyles, and finds a way to integrate this subscription across all planets in some way.
Sorry but i dont like any of these ideas.

To me it just sound like player base extra "milking" and paywall. 👎

Nothing wrong playing with ideas tho. 👍

Does anyone remember the advertisements? (eg, Pepsi advertisement on a billboard as you pass through Port Atlantis)
And there was an option to turn off ads in the options menu, which stated 'turning off ads can affect your loot returns.'

"Just a little longer! Soon, you will see what we have in STORE for you in our next Visual Update!"
Store- As a noun, store often refers to a place where things are sold.
Is it webshop? @Ludvig|MindArk
Or again some speling problems?
They listen or not?
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=969275414700157
come on now thats just picking stuff to be negative just for the sake of it...

having something in store is a very common saying in english. it just means to have something prepared or awaiting to be given...

I would suggest not correcting other people...especially if english is not your main language :unsure:;)

come on now thats just picking stuff to be negative just for the sake of it...

having something in store is a very common saying in english. it just means to have something prepared or awaiting to be given...

I would suggest not correcting other people...especially if english is not your main language :unsure:;)
I just ask, but ok I know there is more English versions,
and I just dont know what they wanted to say.
Thats why I asked, as in past there was often situations with statments that can be understanded in more then one way.

Sorry but i dont like any of these ideas.

To me it just sound like player base extra "milking" and paywall. 👎

Nothing wrong playing with ideas tho. 👍
yeah i guess people view downvotes differently.

and again these were just floated ideas. mainly what i want is a scheduled depo so i can set it and forget it and only manually go to the webstore when i want extra.

Back