Inter-Society Council?

Silo

Guardian
Society
nothing AND nowhere (nAn)
About 2 or 3 years ago (seems like it was directly prior to the introduction of the first PvP area) there was a collaborative effort to create an inter-society organization. Basically, a council of societies that could work through different issues and act as a unified voice to MA.

Did anything ever come of that?

If it failed, has it been tried again?

I always thought that was a wonderful idea in theory.

Something of a government in the broader sense? I recall talk about it, but nothing happened of course.
If this was related to the community government possibility, I do not think it ought to be strictly for societies... every1 ought to be represented imo, freelancer or soc.
:girl:

I think these forums overtook any player goverment ideas.

Basically these are much what the goverments would be for: discussing and addressing MA. Societies might have some common panel for pvp and especially land grab issues (which clearly are soc level things) but then again it seems that they go still more friend-to-friend than through any formal thing.

I dont know about the past 2-3 years but over the last 8 months or so some socities have gotten together to create Rebublic Of Modern Entropia (R.O.M.E.) Basically a collection of ppl that work together and try to make PE enjoyable.

I'm trying to work on our website asap but not had a lot of time but when it's up i'll post it here so you guys can see more of what we are about.

Essi said:
I think these forums overtook any player goverment ideas.

i don't think these forums accomplish "common voice" objectives. i'm not knocking the forum! i love it!

as this is a forum that Marco reads, is there any way that certain threads could be somehow marked "Marco-Must-Reads"? or is that what the "rate thread" function is for?

Svetlana said:
Something of a government in the broader sense? I recall talk about it, but nothing happened of course.
If this was related to the community government possibility, I do not think it ought to be strictly for societies... every1 ought to be represented imo, freelancer or soc.
:girl:

i remember an actual website that was created, but i don't know the name or url.

freelancers did not have a voice in it. but of course, that was before soc terms too.

Silo said:
i don't think these forums accomplish "common voice" objectives. i'm not knocking the forum! i love it!

as this is a forum that Marco reads, is there any way that certain threads could be somehow marked "Marco-Must-Reads"? or is that what the "rate thread" function is for?

Well we cannot really have that, nor would we (or MB) want that....it would be treating the forum as an official MA forum for support, etc... and we all know where that leads to ;)

Silo said:

No they dont. But as long as MA dont promises to give any special status for some player run goverment it probably wont work. We got support cases, occasional petitions and then forums for discussions (and whiners).

I think most (previous anyway) player goverments failed at the first step: they aim to influence MA instead of really governing players. Without promise of that influence they soon are pointless.

The united society thingie never really worked. And with gold coming and Bluenose and Delta leaving (SoF leaders who were the inspirators of this union, at least in my perception) it pretty much died. Marco said the politics field of PE would get greatly enhanced after gold, with endless possibilities like a Calypso Council etc...

Who knows what the future will bring :naughty:

how can we use this forum as a directed medium to interacting with MA?

if forums are the voice of the people (which they clearly are), can we unify on a message?

i am not talking about a wish list thread like on EP. i am talking about thinking hard about specific topics, coming to a common ground, and promoting the outcomes to MA.

MindBuster, let me know if i am completely out of line with this thought.

Svetlana said:
Well we cannot really have that, nor would we (or MB) want that....it would be treating the forum as an official MA forum for support, etc... and we all know where that leads to ;)

i missed this post earlier. i think you are right that an open forum for posting things for marco to read is a bad idea (and not what i was suggesting). i meant that a certain percentage of the user community could maybe nominate a thread as a "must read". this could perhaps be done through the "rate thread" function with a little tweaking.

i read through all these threads and see ideas that are great. i see discussions on key issues and people working together to come to a common understanding.

i see these things and think, "dang, MA really needs to see this."

Back