"Internet Gambling?!"

crystaleyes

Hatchling
I tried to make a largish deposit today with my Visa card (wanted to buy an estate), only to have it "denied by provider." When I contacted said provider, Chase, they said the problem was that these charges were flagged as potential internet gambling. :scratch2: I explained what Entropia was to the customer service person, but clearly the person I was talking to had no control over this designation.

Wow.

:mad:

-Crystal

I tried to make a largish deposit today with my Visa card (wanted to buy an estate), only to have it "denied by provider." When I contacted said provider, Chase, they said the problem was that these charges were flagged as potential internet gambling. :scratch2: I explained what Entropia was to the customer service person, but clearly the person I was talking to had no control over this designation.

Wow.

-Crystal

It happens. There's a way around It I believe. Do a search. many others have had this problem.

Wish I could find that workaround

Did some searching before and after posting about it. Looks like folks were worried that it could be a problem before the legislation passed making it illegal to transfer money to intenet gambling sites, but no complaints after it passed.

Maybe I need to skill up on my searching profession, too.

I should mention I have a message into my bank to ask if they do international transfers. Don't think I'll be able to bid on any estates on the block right now with that approach, though.

Last edited:
Large deposits can be blocked from two side:

1) Your card provider may think it's a stolen credit card and someone trying to steal your money. You need to ring your card provider and tell them it's a genuine trade being made by yourself.
2) MA blocks large amounts if they are over your deposit limit. You need to ring MA and tell them to increase your deposit limit. They'll need some proof of who you are in order to do this e.g. photocopy of passport. Not sure exactly what they need talk to them and they'll tell ya.

gl with the purchase

Not those problems

Thanks for thinking of some other issues this could be. I wish it didn't involve this "internet gambling" issue.

1) The card provider noted that it was a purchase I requested. It was when I talked to them that I learned they were denying the charge because it flagged as internet gambling.

2) Large amount, but not so large as to be over my MA-imposed limit.

Other things I've tried::(
a) submitted support case with MA
b) submitted support case with CC provider
c) another CC (one remaining card that hadn't been bought out by Chase) -- it had a technical issue before it got to the point where the other one was denied -- submitted support case on that one too
d) another Chase CC -- same problem
d) bank transfer (my bank doesn't seem to do foreign ones) -- submitted support case for that one
e) transfer from a different bank -- same problem

If there's a branch in your area then go, don't call. Tell them you'll be moving your accounts if this can't be resolved.

yep, time to put some pressure on the bank
I never had any of those problems with my bank, guess I'm just lucky

WTH your bank should tell you how to spend YOUR money? :mad:
Change that bank to normal, if you can.

If you couldn't change bank to normal one, probably you could try two step transaction? For example CC -> PayPal -> MA (or something like that).

Good luck to you!

P.S. Btw could you tell name of your bank, please, so others could avoid it?

I must say when i did deposit a few time.. I had no problem with my visa "chase". they never question my deposits (may be because i made small deposits) ** plus i did not get any extra charges **
now with my debit bank card - the bank called me and asked what this MindArk charge was - i just informed them that im involved with a online company. they never questioned that. **even here i did not have extra charges **

so i don't know what is going on with your card (s)

maybe you should try small deposits or get yourself a reloadable visa card. even here there was no extra charges

Thanks Very much for postign this Problem with Chase im a customer with them from wamu days i have not had a problem with Deposits but that was Before the Full switchover to chase i have not made any depso since the switch.

Wow.

-Crystal

Just wait until people start defaulting on the deposit you tried to make .... can chip out pls MA?

The Jig is up :(

Last edited:
Did some searching before and after posting about it. Looks like folks were worried that it could be a problem before the legislation passed making it illegal to transfer money to intenet gambling sites, but no complaints after it passed.

Maybe I need to skill up on my searching profession, too.

I should mention I have a message into my bank to ask if they do international transfers. Don't think I'll be able to bid on any estates on the block right now with that approach, though.

Use a DEBT Card.

hmmmm strange thingy :p

Wow.

-Crystal

The person you spoke with was not giving you accurate information. To protect their patrons some banks control deposits to gambling and/or gaming sites. They don't make a clear distinction between the two. Obviously, since it's your money you want to deposit with they normally only require you to contact them to confirm that you want to include Mindark as the payee. They should not refuse your request, unless the deposit exceeds your credit limit.

I assume banks do this to protect daddy's credit card should junior get his sticky fingers on it.

The person you spoke with was not giving you accurate information. To protect their patrons some banks control deposits to gambling and/or gaming sites. They don't make a clear distinction between the two. Obviously, since it's your money you want to deposit with they normally only require you to contact them to confirm that you want to include Mindark as the payee. They should not refuse your request, unless the deposit exceeds your credit limit.

I assume banks do this to protect daddy's credit card should junior get his sticky fingers on it.

Sounds good but i'm really thinking NOT guy.

Over the last 3 years I've seen several creditors change MA deposits from sales to cash.

Back