Info: Interstellar Travel

icon

Greetings.
I have had an account on EU for around 2 months now and have made a few PED, gotten a SOC, some TP'S, learning the ECO, got a Mentor, learning to mine, hunt, craft (not first hand), reading as much as I can find. Love the game, the concept, the model, the whole thing :)

So Interplanetary Travel, I wanted to go to Planet Arkadia to check it out. Now I have 25.xK sweat, I hear that sweat sells for more on Arkadia, hence the reason for the trip. I decide to take my other collected stackable items with me (after a bit of back and forth to Caly and Mothership) to Ark to sell.

From the Arkadia space station to ark my craft got attacked by space pirates and sadly got shot down and looted. I survived and found myself back at Arkadia space station, now stranded. Asked around for a lift but could only find one in a few days, so I tele to Ark, 7PED. All my stuff is on Caly so now I need to ask for a lift and could not find one for a few days.

Fast-forward.... ride to Caly 7PED, got shot down near Crystal palace and revived there. So from crystal palace a ride to Caly again for 7PED and arrived with nothing left except getting back home, back to Caly.

My ultimate point is this : do not make the same mistake that I made, Do NOT take the items that can stack with you when you go to another planet. I lost a few PED learning this particular mistake so read, look and learn. You can (and should) ask your Mentor.

PS. On my Personal recommendation (TheRock Animalcommander RockY) AKA “whatever you want to call him” His been around for a while and his a good guy. Look him up.

Thanks.
Icon.

When traveling with loot,

EntropiaTransport.com

I have a good friendly crew able to help you customize the flight for your budget and needs in order to safely transport your goods between planets.

Sorry to hear of your loss, but welcome to the game :)

narfi

This sounds more dramatic as than what you told :(
Really sorry for that!

I got you a safe MS flight for that reason, but somehow for a reason you left Ark space on your own with loot which I didn't know untill you got looted. Also didn't know you got shooted again and again near CP station!

I was busy at Ark or else I would have helped. So to cover this mess with your first expectation of travel, I would like to cover your loss fully :)

2ped/kCaly vs 2.5ped/kArk

25k sweat is 50 ped on caly guaranteed.

If you want to take it to Ark, think this way: 62.5ped (ark price) * .80 (odds of getting shot down are 1 in 5 I say, depends on how careful you are) = 50 ped too.

Space is a big fat, ugly, abusive felon waiting in the shadows of an alleyway, smoking spit-swamped cigarettes, as he looks for ways to butt-!!!! the good and pure in this world.

Short story, yes people, be careful out there. There is NO reason to bring stacks into space ever unless you simply do not care if they are lost, or you definitely know 100%, for sure, what you are doing.

This sounds more dramatic as than what you told :(
Really sorry for that!

I got you a safe MS flight for that reason, but somehow for a reason you left Ark space on your own with loot which I didn't know untill you got looted. Also didn't know you got shooted again and again near CP station!

I was busy at Ark or else I would have helped. So to cover this mess with your first expectation of travel, I would like to cover your loss fully :)

That's nice of you!

And don't worry, most of us reading this already assumed a certain disciple didn't follow his mentors advice :)

That's nice of you!

And don't worry, most of us reading this already assumed a certain disciple didn't follow his mentors advice :)

100% correct, that's why I did what I did, and will not make the same mistake in the future.

Last edited:
Looks like u got more adventures than u asked for... Look at the bright side, good mentor is worth more than few peds of loot.

Btw, you don't have to visit the SS of the destination planet at all.
All SS are high risk areas, better avoid them as much as you can.
Once u got away form the SS where u start your journey, your safe. From there u can go all the way so that nobody will ever see you. Your mentor will teach you how to do that. ;)

And if you anyway wanna risk saving some peds by flying on your own then
* Find out what is the prime time (aka EFA scheduled flight for one)
* Experiment with departure methods from the SS. Odd exit and entry paths.
* Check this forum for the known pirate list. You can always have a look around when you are the SS and see who is around. If you get attacked by someone not listed here then post who it was.

* Fly backwards, then the pirates thinks you are coming and not leaving :smoke:

But there are no garantees for safe travel on your own.

I fly a lot. Sometimes several times a day. Not very often with loot but to go and put a bid on something on another planet. Maybe I get shot down like 2 out of 10 flights.

Always the most economical option http://www.titans-of-space.de.
With tickets for newcomers starting 4ped for 4 scheduled warpflights.
Possible straight to the atmosphere without TP fees and in over 2 years of operation the longest standing interplanetary transport service and the only one with zero passenger loot loss in all this time.

Add me over playerregister ingame if you got any further question or need a flight that really is secure from start till end :)

John I hope you don't mind me asking a newbie question, but how exactly does travelling on a mothership work?

If I am correct a mothership leaves from the spacestation of a planet and flies to the spacestation of another planet. So here are my questions:

1. How does a passenger get on the ship/spacestation? ( I assume people are summonned, hence the summoning-exploit)
2. How do we again get down on the planet? ( there is a 7 ped teleporter, but are there any other options?)
3. From when to when are we susceptible to being looted?

Again these are very basic and newbie questions, but i hope John or someone else can answer them for me

1. How does a passenger get on the ship/spacestation? ( I assume people are summonned, hence the summoning-exploit)

First find a flight company or crew.
EFA is the biggest and they charge 5 ped for each ticket.
You can travel to as many planets as you like during that days flight (I think).
When you are added to the ships guest list you get summoned.
You click Yes and get teleported to the ship.

You can also fly into the hangar bay if you are added to a ships permanent guest list.

When you have been summoned the crew often informs you that you should logout during flight.
So whenever you entered the spacecraft just logout and keep an eye on it's service page.
EFA use a chat page where they inform the passengers when it is safe to login.

2. How do we again get down on the planet? ( there is a 7 ped teleporter, but are there any other options?)

I dont know about the others but EFA almost always go close to the planet surface.
From there you can fly down to planet. They don't recommend it if you have stackables on you.
You can also get a ride with someone else from the ship

But the most common if you got stackables is the 7 ped TP from the space station where the ship is located.

When the ships have left the safe zones around the space stations until they reach the destination space station.

Some of my own experiences as a passenger:
* Often during a pirate attack the crew dont have time to inform the logouted passengers whats going on. You can be sitting quite some time clueless and wondering why nothing is happening. But they havent forgotten about you. They are just busy fighting pirates.
* EFA and all V.I.P. services I have used have been great. Friendly people with tons of service mindedness.
* If you are in a hurry then don't trust a scheduled flight to arrive on time. Specially if you want to travel between severel planets.
* Getting added to a ships permanent guest list is very good if you plan to skill.

If you are on the guest list of a spacecraft, you will receive a summons window when that ship sends out a summons. Accepting the summons will teleport you instantly to the ship. You can also fly up to space using a quad or sleipnir which has a thruster attached.

If you are in space, you can enter a mothership by flying into the hangar bay door and a privateer by right clicking on the ship and selecting "operate".

You can attach a space thruster to a quad or sleipnir and fly down to the planet. There is a 2 ped landing fee. You will have to fly through a lootable zone to get to the planet.

If you are in a mothership or privateer, you can teleport to the space station and fly down from there or take the station TP. In a mothership, you can also fly out the hangar bay door.

In space, you can be looted any time the red PVP light on your radar is illuminated or in a mothership/privateer that is in lootable PVP (inside the ship the light doesn't always show, at least for me). In other words, you can be looted any time you're not inside one of the blue "safe zone" circles as marked by your ingame map. A typical flight goes like this:

1) summoned to ship (only occurs in safe zone so you're safe briefly)
2) ship leaves safe zone (lootable)
3) if ship is performing planet docking, you continue to be lootable as you fly out of the hangar bay until your planet "loads up"

Or if the ship is docking to a space station, you are lootable until the ship enters the safe zone surrounding the station (you may still be lootable 30 seconds after entering safe zone, I haven't tested recently).

Inside a space station is the only 100% safe place in space.

Whether or not you are "safe" on your journey depends entirely on the ship and crew.

I should also mention that you can teleport down to calypso from crystal palace (or foma) for 7 ped.

Last edited:
Great replies guys thanks a lot.
So even with stackables there are safe ways to transport, if you chose the right carrier and take the TP down for 7 PED.

Back