Investing large amount into game

So my thought at this point is to buy 10 of the Large starter pack ammo refills (getting 50 skill pills/month) and 100 strongboxes for the chance at other pills and MU items.
After 2 months of this, I will see if I should alternate to 100 on refill packs, and 200 on strongboxes.
Thank you so much everyone on the insight.
Don't buy ammo refill packs, if you ever need to depo and don't want to open strongboxes then buy Plat starter packs for the 50x 50% skill pills

Don't buy ammo refill packs, if you ever need to depo and don't want to open strongboxes then buy Plat starter packs for the 50x 50% skill pills
Dont do this. You lose too much of your ped in unrecoverable tt stuck in sets of armor weapons and the other items. You are unable to refine or tt the items for ped/ammo, its worse than just taking the 5% hit on straight ped. Unless they made an update I am unaware of.

Edit: This information is outdated as the changed the configuration of the pack since I was last using it.

Last edited:
I did this a few times to push skill pills.

Dont do this. You lose too much of your ped in unrecoverable tt stuck in sets of armor weapons and the other items. You are unable to refine or tt the items for ped/ammo, its worse than just taking the 5% hit on straight ped. Unless they made an update I am unaware of.
The tt loss here was negligible when I was pushing levels.

The amount of PED you lose in order to gain 50x 50% skill pills is completely 100% negligible. Please do not listen to this person if you decide to deposit. The skill pills will easily help recover the PED loss in skills gained it shouldn't even be a consideration.

Out of the 750 PED value, you gain 732.91 PED in usable value. No one in their right mind will value 17 PED over the 50x pills.

Last edited:
You can also decay the Harrier Armor, attachments and Fap to get most of its value back in loot. Just don't repair it and stick it on some planet to be forgotten. CP is my go to place for all my junk.
The only thing you lose is the vehicle TT because that is non recoverable.

If you don't want to have 17TT vehicles all over the place, you could even buy additional silver packs. You get 8x pills for $15, ($20 ammo refill pack has only 5 pills) Everything in the Silver pack is able to have its TT recovered...eventually, just be prepared to decay a few sets of armor. UL armor decays VERY slowly when you get them to a very low TT %

Last edited:
My information was outdated. i apologize. Thanks for the update.

My advice, with thos 1.5k usd buy a thermomix machine, make some popcorn with it and watch twich. Otherwise youll end up preety fast w/o those 1.5k.

i would get straight ped if all i wanted was getting those CLDs/shares as the 5% hit is probably less than the loss i'd take by cycling that amount

however, i believe there are way, way better ways to "invest" that amount than just buying CLDs :)

Way late to this conversation, but I’ll throw in my 2c for newcomers who may read this later.

In my opinion, buying classified strongboxes is an easy, sure fire way to come out ahead.

As an example, I recently bought 100 classifieds. This helped me avoid the deposit fee (~3%). I then found 9* Neuro As which could be sold for about 30 PED, so 21 PED MU made to start.

I then cycled the ammo by mining. It took about a day to do, I got a 90% TT return, but had 130% average Markup.

Net deposit outcome? 21 PED MU from box contents + 90% TT Return * 130% MU = 117% on ammo cycled.

so its about 7 months since your op - you still here :) how's it going?

so its about 7 months since your op - you still here :) how's it going?
its going pretty well, I play this game for funsies mind you..... I now have about 10k ped in shares, and another 4k in weapons, absolutely love my Easter 2022.... I'm happy with how I've done, I'm slowly increasing my shares, and if I focused strictly on profit, id probably further ahead, but not as happy.

this is a game for me, so I'm okay with hunting my "bigger" creatures for a loss, but having fun!

its going pretty well, I play this game for funsies mind you..... I now have about 10k ped in shares, and another 4k in weapons, absolutely love my Easter 2022.... I'm happy with how I've done, I'm slowly increasing my shares, and if I focused strictly on profit, id probably further ahead, but not as happy.

this is a game for me, so I'm okay with hunting my "bigger" creatures for a loss, but having fun!
Yeah, easter 2022 is the best ring for the avg player. Good find! 2k peds for max crit that will benefit you greatly in the long run is a steal. Good luck with your future adventures!

What has been written previously should be no worry -
The Harrier armor can now be sold to TT.

i know 1500 is nothing for some of the high rollers around here but i'd call 1500 a lot, probably around as much as i've depo'd since 2021. i would consider myself a mid-level depositor but i guess there's no way to say for sure unless you have the spreadsheet in front of you.

i guess you have to decide what you wanna do.

honestly, long term, putting it all in CLD will probably leave you with more PED a year from now.

then again, the question is, do you want to actually play, and how much PED does it take to sustain your level of play

if you are going straight to CLD's and you are a new avatar with no looter skills, it might be better to depo in PED directly.

if your looter skills are at least 25+ i would say go boxes. it may be that the MU from pills and rings would be enough even with no looter skills on ammo cycling.

Back