Is it me or servers down?

Phaser

Prowler
Society
TusaLusa
Phaser Phaser Chaos
So?

Everytime i try to log in tells me the servers are down. Cant be right...?

Anyone can plz tell me?

Need to know if its MA, me or something else.

Will be here waiting on the forums.

Thx

It happenes to me almost everytime i log in too, but after bout the third try of trying to log in it works.

Thx, I already PM a moderator of EF, and was told that no problem login in.

So gonna keep trying to see whats going on.

:)

Phaser,

MA decided you are too noob to log in anymore. :silly2:

LOL, cya ingame mate. :yay:

lol

Well i still have the same problem..dunno whats going on...

I use bit defender anti-virus and firewall and its ok there.

Anyone knows the ports to open in the router?

But thats just silly, I never had to open ports to play EU.

lol

here are a few things you should check:

1. Do you meet the minimum system requirements?
2. Are all lights green under "Client status" on the Login Window?
3. Try lowering your Connection setting in "Options" on the Entropia Universe Login Window. Even though you have ADSL or an even better connection, try setting the connection speed to 56 kbit to check if that improves your situation. If yes, you may try to set it higher step by step, to see which connection speed works best with your specific system.
4. Open these ports in your firewall:
* 20, 21 (TCP Outbound) - Additional TCP Port outbound for passive mode FTP
* 80 (Outbound)
* 30584 (UDP inbound/outbound)
* 30583 (TCP Outbound)
* 554 (TCP Inbound)
5. If you have a router, make sure the router configuration has Ports 20,21, 30584 and 30583 forwarded to your computer. Also make sure the f irmware of your router is up-to-date (please turn to the manufacturer of your router for any specific questions regarding this matter)
6. Try disabling the sound in "Options" on the Entropia Universe Login Window

Taken from support FAQ

hey,

Cool, thx.

Gonna try those ports, wich still is strange for me since in 5 years of playing entropia i never had the need to open ports....

But now im just thinking....this is another router :silly2:

But I already had log in without the need of open ports to EU in this router.

But thx, gonna try it.

Will be back here in a while to tell you if i solve it or not.

Is it a smart and expensive router?. Because some routers with a smart firewall automatically Blocks ports they think are under attack or spammed. Haha, you play to much ;)

lol not really. Its a D-Link router and it was supplied by my isp.

Routers can fool you sometimes - as home routers go, they mostly use NAT to direct your traffic. This makes it completely unnecessary to have the firewall turned on in the router. Try turning off the firewall function of the router :)

well i opened all those ports and same shit going on.

I put my username and password and when it should come the window of the gold card i just keep getting the msg the server is offline for mantainence bla bla....

ok gonna try to shutdown the firewall on the router and the firewall on the AV.

Ok.....finally.:yay: (almost)

lol

Its not the router like i thought, I never had to open ports in there.

Its the stupid firewall of BitDefender. Wich btw, its really stupid cause in the list, entropia.exe have all permissions.

Nothing like a few people working in one problem here. :)

Well just gonna to get into it in more detail to see if i can fix it, not going to shutdown a firewall for EU thats for sure.

Now that I found out the problem, its more easy.

Thx alot everyone for the help.

GL and HOF out there!

P.S.

@ Thantos, it seams the "noob" still going to kick ur ass, unless u have a navy mega hidden ;)

Ok.....finally.:yay: (almost)

lol

Its not the router like i thought, I never had to open ports in there.

Its the stupid firewall of BitDefender. Wich btw, its really stupid cause in the list, entropia.exe have all permissions.

Nothing like a few people working in one problem here. :)

Well just gonna to get into it in more detail to see if i can fix it, not going to shutdown a firewall for EU thats for sure.

Now that I found out the problem, its more easy.

Thx alot everyone for the help.

GL and HOF out there!

P.S.

@ Thantos, it seams the "noob" still going to kick ur ass, unless u have a navy mega hidden ;)

If you have a router that uses NAT (Network Address Translation) - which virtually all home routers do - and specific port forwarding, you do not need any kind of firewall. Shut it down :)

Belive it or not, it was the networking settings on my computer that were screwing things up.

All fixed now. :yay:

Anyway, im not going to play yet. Since they put cryengine working i stoped playing.

Need an upgrade to my computer, and like many times after VU´s lot of bugs and problems apear, I always stop playing for a while till things calm down.

Thx for help.
:cool:

Belive it or not, it was the networking settings on my computer that were screwing things up.

What networking settings exactly? Ive had this problem since the updates and all of that.
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

woot!

This is a old thread. Got suprised to see a reply on my email.

But if u having problems, what happend to me was the antivirus+firewall installed on my computer. Somehow, I changed or something changed the settings on it. It had nothing to do with ports since I never had to open ports on my router to play EU just to allow traffic to pass by the firewall (software).

Also theres an area in my AV package wich setup network settings. Since in my computer its not the computer that directly conect to the internet, the antivirus changed the conection to other LAN port 2 instead of port 1. Port 1 in my computer is used to conect the computer to the router. This was very weird since something was wrong cause the only thing that dindt worked was EU everything else was ok.

I use Bit Defender, not cracked, but a paid subscription.

In ur case, it might be worthy to see if ur firewall is not blocking anything on EU. In most cases the aplication warns if some program that usualy uses internet was changed and ask if u allow the conection or not.

Hope it helps.

GL.
:cool:

Ty for reply :)

This bugs me out.. Had no problem with the updates that have giving lots of people trouble lately. But to login, no chance (see pic.)

Router: Ive never had to open any ports before, but done that now with no luck. Ive also tried to connect directly trough the modem, same.

Pc with XPpro sp3: I dont use any firewall (turned off all of windows update, virus and firewall since its nagging all the time). However I have done the latest updates from Microsoft manually. Scanned for virus and malware with latest update from AVG and Malwarebytes, nothing out of the ordinary found.
Ive also deleted EU once, dl and installed it. The strange thing is that I didnt see it in the list of software to remove, so I just deleted the folder... Now I can see it on this list... So this is one thing I have to try. Just been postponing it since it leaves no room for surfing etc.. or mostly because im a lazy bastard :D
So thanks again Phaser for GL, and making me realize what I have to do .

NP.
Hope u get it fixed. ;)

Back