Is it really worth to buy ONE?

WildChild

Dominant
Society
Global Alliance
Alexi WildChild Sonna
As title says.. Is it worth to deposit the ped to buy ONE deed?

Depends on what you would do with the 1500ped if you didn't.....

Lots of ways in game to make more than 5ped a week from 1500

Lots of ways to loose ped fast if you have 1500....

Which one would you be more likely to do?

Well said Narfi

Depends on what you would do with the 1500ped if you didn't.....

I'd probably cycle them hunting.. They would prolly last for a week or so..

get one is not really interesting. Get 23 and you have approx 100 ped per week to play with. Or don't play with it and 15 weeks later you have 24, and so on and so on.

Or get 9 and wait for the ability to build a house on 3x3 tiles.. (like waiting on taming I suppose)

In my eyes no

4-5ped from 1500ped is not worth it.

It is a better rate of return than any bank that I know of....

I'd probably cycle them hunting.. They would prolly last for a week or so..

Unless you are cycling over 3-4k+ ped a day, those losses indicate you need to improve gear or play style which would save you more than a cld would earn you.

I cycle 15-20k a week and don't have near those losses.

Alot depends on your depo budget as well.

A friend with ok gear, but no ped or budget to depo with talked to me lately about what he should do.

He had one cld, which I suggested he sold and use the peds for rookie mining.
It isn't glamorous, but 1500ped rookie mining is a lot of playing and he is in the profit since making that change.
In time he will build up enough ped to mine regularly, and not really have to sweat or do any of that other stuff, just from mining profits.

On the other hand, if your depositing a bunch every week or month, 5ped weekly is nothing, you may as well upgrade your gear and be more eco for what you cycle anyways.

Unless you are cycling over 3-4k+ ped a day, those losses indicate you need to improve gear or play style which would save you more than a cld would earn you.

I play like I've always played,

Get a gun > Buy ammo > Go hunt the mob that I have the proper armor/weapon for > hunt > Usually loose > Rinse and repeat.

I usually go out with 250 ped rounds on atroxies..

I play like I've always played,

Get a gun > Buy ammo > Go hunt the mob that I have the proper armor/weapon for > hunt > Usually loose > Rinse and repeat.

I usually go out with 250 ped rounds on atroxies..

Its hard to know what to advise with out ALL the info (and hard to tell the info if you dont know what I need to know :D )

What gun do you usually buy? What markup % do you pay on it?
What amplifiers do you own and use with it?
What armor do you wear? What plates are on it?

What medic tools do you use?
Do you hire a medic or only heal yourself?

What kind of loot do you get every single hunt that is worth saving and selling for markup?
What kind of items or loot do you get once in a while that is worth saving and selling for markup?

Its hard to know what to advise with out ALL the info (and hard to tell the info if you dont know what I need to know :D )

What gun do you usually buy? What markup % do you pay on it?
What amplifiers do you own and use with it?
What armor do you wear? What plates are on it?

What medic tools do you use?
Do you hire a medic or only heal yourself?

What kind of loot do you get every single hunt that is worth saving and selling for markup?
What kind of items or loot do you get once in a while that is worth saving and selling for markup?

I shall answer this in a PM to avoid getting offtopic

Many views on that subject I think. Assuming (guessing) they will go up in value it would say yes.
They extra payout is a nice bonus, yet small for just 1 deed.

With the low interest given by banks on savings accounts they may still be interesting to buy close to 8k% if you could one day sell at that as well. That will most llikely not be the case.

If you buy just one it may really just be a pain having peds locked up in it and not seeing a result. Trading just a little bit would be a better option with not so much peds locked in one deed.

Having 100+ CLD makes a real difference in your cost to play though. While not needing to put time into trading stuff.

So even though I would say yes for one deed I would also say no coz there's more ped's to be made with such amounts of money on the card.

Question is would you prefer to be trading a bit once in a while over keeping peds locked forever in one item resulting in 4.x ped a week on average or not? Taking the extra MU increase into account I would say no. Hell I even own a privateer that would make smuggling so damn easy lol. But that's just because I'm not willing to be a trader even though I could easily do that just like lots of others do. I like the idea of getting some ped every week after going broke. Without putting effort into it.

If you expect that once in a while you could obtain another CLD I would say go for it. But only if you dislike trading, just like me.

get one is not really interesting. Get 23 and you have approx 100 ped per week to play with. Or don't play with it and 15 weeks later you have 24, and so on and so on.

Or get 9 and wait for the ability to build a house on 3x3 tiles.. (like waiting on taming I suppose)

With all due respect, but that is nonsense. Getting 23 might be 23x as interesting in terms of revenues, but it is also 23 times as unattractive when it comes to cost (less even, as you would find the average purchase price is likely higher than 23x the cheapest).

So the question should be: is it worth buying CLD, regardless of the number.

I find it attractive, as they also payout a bit when I am offline due to work and travel. But the answer is different for everyone: compare it to what you'd otherwise be doing with the money. And let me add: compare it with how you'd spend it ingame, but also how you'd use it IRL.

With all due respect, but that is nonsense. Getting 23 might be 23x as interesting in terms of revenues, but it is also 23 times as unattractive when it comes to cost (less even, as you would find the average purchase price is likely higher than 23x the cheapest).

So the question should be: is it worth buying CLD, regardless of the number.

I find it attractive, as they also payout a bit when I am offline due to work and travel. But the answer is different for everyone: compare it to what you'd otherwise be doing with the money. And let me add: compare it with how you'd spend it ingame, but also how you'd use it IRL.

nonsense..?

100 ped a week is what I normally deposited. I sold all my gear to get those cld and bought most of them for 1000 ped. Now I still deposit but have 2x the amount of ped to play with
I already have my gear back from hunting with the income and then some. The cost was 0, since it was money already spent in the game throughout the years.

What you say makes sense.. If I go on holidays for 3 weeks I have an extra 300 ped to play with.

As title says.. Is it worth to deposit the ped to buy ONE deed?

ONE CLD is worthed MORE than more CLD.
With 1 PED you will have the ability to vote.
I don't see how any serious Calypso player can sleep well knowing that he is not counted even as 1 voting person when time comes.
Now if u r Rocktropia or Arkadia citizen than you can wait until those planets release their deeds.
So owning at least 1 deed is a must for every serious player.

Many views on that subject I think. Assuming (guessing) they will go up in value it would say yes.

I Think the resellers has taken care of the market value. If I could buy one from MA at a reasonable price I would, but I'd guess that the market price is the market value, that is what they're currently Worth/what you can buy/sell them for - at least unless something happens that makes price go up or down.

Personally...

... If I were considering buying only ONE I would not be looking at the investment in terms of monetary return at all.

I would be looking at it and considering the potential value to me of "Calypso Citizenship" in the upcoming system, whether I was interested in having a say in votes or not, whether I wanted to buy or own a little piece of real estate (not available with only 1 deed, but you understand what I'm saying here) etc.

Monetary return at the 1500 level has clearly extended the ROI to at least 1.5 times what it was on the original anyway - so the "investment" there is even longer term now than it was before.

So my recommendation would be to examine the information on everything a Land Deed offers you, and then make your choice based on that.

I don't think the number of CLDs is particularly relevant.

Do you want a passive investment with a reasonably reliable return? If so then CLDs are a better option than many real life investments and better than speculating on the growth in value of UNL items which is what some people have tried to do.

Do you want an investment you actively manage and are prepared to take the risk of losing? If so there are ways you can use that money in game to generate better return if you are prepared to put the effort in.

Personally I prefer to invest in crafting and selling through my shops. My return depends on the actions I take and the decisions I make. I have some CLDs but I probably wont buy any more because there's no fun for me in having a passive investment.

Back