Question: Is it safe to get free items from players

Sian87

Dominant
Koh Maddog87 Col
Recently someone that was quitting gave me some of his stuff, just asking if its save to get these freebies as theres the lockdown of accounts going on.

it was juz 20ped worth , i took a sceenshot juz in case

There is no lock down of accounts going on.

And yes, it is safe to accept everything someone wants to give you ingame for free. Just make sure for yourself that indeed stuff is given to you for free and it is not some kind of trick to scam you.

You can't get locked for picking up free stuff. If it's on the ground and not on someone's estate then everybody can pick it up. So why shouldn't you? I.e. click on it and try to pick it up. If you can't pick it up you'll see a message box saying so.

Of course there are places like the memorial where you shouldn't pick up stuff as those are meant to be gifts and not freebies.

Another thing is players giving away free stuff. If it's cheap stuff then you shouldn't have bad feelings. Though if you are about to get expensive stuff like a free Mod FAP, then you should be alerted. I'm saying it's likely that you're not dealing with the original owner of the avatar but with someone who hacked that account. In such a situation I'd thankfully accept the stuff but I'd take screenshots and send a support case to MA to look into that. Whenever the original owner is back online you can always give that item back. I think that this would be a nice gesture.

Though, if you're selling that expensive item again for a common price, you make your hands dirty. I don't know what could happen since MA's motto is "all treads are final", but it should hurt you in your mind.

Also, if you scam somebody to get something for free or damn cheap, then you're the one who may get locked.

Nobody that doesn't know you somewhat will give you free stuff, and I doubt scammers would go through the trouble of scamming items just to give them away free.

But it seems several accounts that should have remained locked when VU10 came got unlocked and these people quickly tried to move the merchandise in a last attempt to get the $'s and this resulted in several accounts other than the 'mistakenly unlocked' ones getting locked.

So you are OK :)

ok waiting for the bloody patch , its so slow in this part of the world

Back