Is the Standard Plate BP extra evil?

Generic Crafter 1A

Hatchling
The BP is a non-SiB BP, so I guess that means it will only return 90% TT and not 95% like a SiB BP in the long run. Or am I wrong there?

Anyway, after 125,000 clicks (it was already at 90% Success Rate when I started it) it is only at 87% TT Return and 47% Product. It is not bad I guess, but the thing is that those percentages hasn´t budged for over 80,000 clicks. It has stubbornly stayed at 87% / 47%. For being such a cheap BP to click it is quite easy to lose money quickly on it. With those Returns I would have to sell the plates for 140% after AH fees if I buy at 107% MU - but they often sell for around 120% in AH.

The other (SiB) BPs that I use quite quickly balances out at around 95% return it seems. Even the lvl 7 non-SiB BP Reinforced Plate that I haven´t even maxed out yet (86% Success Rate) is already at 88% TT Return and 47% Product ...

My Basic Sheet Metal BP is at 95.5% TT Return and 50.70% Product after 80,000 clicks and it still seems to go up at a snails pace.

I don´t know, it just feels like there is something different with this BP. In the last 120 runs of 400 ~2000 clicks each there has also only been 3 runs with a smidge over 100% TT return, which also feels a little off. Perhaps it is because the BP is so cheap to click so there are no surprise Globals and minis.

Is there anyone else out there with the same feeling as me?

Best wishes,

Generic Crafter 1A

probably just bad luck, and probably you will get normalized to 90% at 250k or 500k clicks.
or they manually capped return for this BP at 87%
who the hell knows how they rip off people

Don't click component bps unless you plan to use them to build other things that require them. Don't just tt em since you will lose a lot over time unless skills is your only goal and you are sitting on Monria doing the daily crafting as you go.

The BP is a non-SiB BP, so I guess that means it will only return 90% TT and not 95% like a SiB BP in the long run. Or am I wrong there?

Yes that's what I've experienced, non-sib BPs are bad for grinding and they will yield even less than 90% returns longterm if you click them and do nothing else at all. The game tends to balance one's returns over time but in this case you will need to try your luck at other professions/sib BPs. And don't be surprised at prices on auction, many, many crafted things are sold there below cost and people keep clicking them, I can't explain that.

Thank you very much for your input!

I do use the components I craft so that is why I started them, but I realised that it would be cheaper to just buy the plates instead. And I could probably buy the skills I gained as well included in the price for crafting them on my own he he ...
I have been quite lucky though, because in those clicks I have found 20 Recycle BPs so I still managed to almost break even - if I include the skill gains as well, that is. But now I haven´t found a single one of those BPs in 25k clicks so I guess it was pure luck or higher droprate because of the MM event.

I will keep an eye on the BPs I use in the future so that they do not break me.

Back