Help: Is there any way to reset sound or something to change sound device?

Crinlorite

Young
Society
Wisdom Sons
Crinlorite Inferno Vizharan
Good afternoon,

Just a simple question, is there any way to reset sound or something for the game to pick a new default sound device? How else do I change from my speakers to my headset without closing and opening game again?

Regards,
Crinlorite.

If you’ve changed a sound device on your computer or have other sound issues (like mining probes), click disable sound in your game’s sound setting and hit apply or the checkmark. That should silence all game sound. Just re-enable sound again and sounds usually will be working properly again (sometimes takes a second try).

It doesn’t always solve all issues that would otherwise require logging out, but it most known issues at least since it seems to act as a reset.

You can simply leftclick the loudspeaker symbol in your windows task bar and select another sound device there.
Rightclick the symbol for other settings.
You may need to Alt+Tab out of the game first.

You can simply leftclick the loudspeaker symbol in your windows task bar and select another sound device there.
Rightclick the symbol for other settings.
You may need to Alt+Tab out of the game first.
I think the op already know that but the game doesn't refresh the sound output and just goes muted. Every time I do it I need to restart game... Just hope it get fixed with Unreal Engine :LOL:

About silent drop probes while mining indeed the Disable sound on and off usually does the trick but could never made it work for when change sound output on windows.

I think the op already know that but the game doesn't refresh the sound output and just goes muted. Every time I do it I need to restart game... Just hope it get fixed with Unreal Engine :LOL:

About silent drop probes while mining indeed the Disable sound on and off usually does the trick but could never made it work for when change sound output on windows.
I have one computer it seems to work on most of the time, but my new one pretty much requires a restart if I change the sound source. Hopefully it’s one of the things that UE5 inadvertently automatically fixes.

Back