It is not fair to the disciple

CheyPhoenix

Hatchling
Dear Mind Ark, .
Can you explain to me and I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to. I was with a mentor and was new to Entropia Universe and well this mentor kept telling me it needed to give him things and me not knowing any better I did numerous times. Then I'm at 50% with my discipleship and then out of the blue.. I sign on to find out my mentor dropped me and no reasoning as to why he did. And because he dropped me the disciple who's still learning has to start all over and I'm the one who did all the work. Sure the mentor guided me, but did he run around killing creatures, mine things, or any work that led to me having 50% done already. No, he did not ! So why is it fair that the one doing all the work loses ? He didn't lose anything but a discipline and a prize. Whoopee do. I feel you should change this rule and if ur going to take 50% away from the disciple then you should take away the same amount from the mentor or let the disciple keep their progress. Just my thoughts bc I worked hard to get that 50% and even harder trying to get myself bk there with a new mentor.

Agreed. If you want someone trustworthy as Mentor… my best friend in game. Felicity Sweatslut Voracia, add from user register in top of friends list

Agreed. If you want someone trustworthy as Mentor… my best friend in game. Felicity Sweatslut Voracia, add from user register in top of friends list
can vouch for Sweatslut, he/she/they/it was my mentor

nothing bad to say :)

It's obvious you got scammed by a bad mentor if he is asking to give you things. No disciple should be giving anything to their mentor. Unfortunately there are people that will take advantage of others and no amount of nannying will stop it.

I am retired from mentoring at the moment but here on the forums you should be able to find someone good. Or word of mouth. You have a suggestion here already.

Unfortunately mentors do need the ability to kick a disciple, you can't remove that or penalize us. We can only take on a certain number of disciples and the vast majority go dormant and the slots need to be freed up for more willing players. Having your progress continue onto the next mentor is a good deal from your end, but also consequence free if you decide to ditch your mentor at the last minute for a new one (who then gets the mentor reward). Maybe you should keep your progress ONLY if you are kicked and don't leave under your own fruition.

Best of luck with your new mentor, don't let this one fuckwit tarnish your view on the rest of us players, were alright :)

That's a shame, there's some real pricks in the game. I'm sorry someone did that to you.

You got this though, find someone good. Probably someone you can actually hold accountable, who is known in the game and has a social presence.

Dont worry, you gain the progress back fast because the % scale with your skill

Wish i had the time to mentor people

Wish i had the time to mentor people

99% disappointment and waste of time, comitting your limited time to the cause just to see most never logs back ever again, i stopped doing it actively, im on the register if anybody chooses me for any reason, but not looking for newbies at starting areas.

99% disappointment and waste of time, comitting your limited time to the cause just to see most never logs back ever again, i stopped doing it actively, im on the register if anybody chooses me for any reason, but not looking for newbies at starting areas.

mindark shud pay 1% of the disciples turnover imo

It's a shame someone could be so pathetic they would try to scam someone using the mentoring system as bait. It would be interesting to know what they were asking you to give them and what they would say. I don't want to take an accusation for face value, especially from someone I don't know. So more information and possibly a name of the offender through DMs would be nice.

The link is just a link (reflink)

What i mean is you have to take care of a Person every day, Show him how to play and share your own findings,Infos,and what ever for the reward of 1 %

I don't usually mentor but I'd be happy to help you after what's happened to you. There's some awful people out there, but a load of nice ones too. I've got enough noob stuff to get you off to a good start, free ofc, fix some of the damage done maybe :) I'm on the mentor list, can help you graduate fast so don't worry about the lost progress.

I mean can’t you just do it because you enjoy helping others? I give mine the item when they graduate. I don’t want anything out of it except someone new playing the game. I’ve had some stay and some leave, never hurt my feelings or felt like a waste of time.

[Moderated: Removed rule violation]

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean can’t you just do it because you enjoy helping others? I give mine the item when they graduate. I don’t want anything out of it except someone new playing the game. I’ve had some stay and some leave, never hurt my feelings or felt like a waste of time.

[Moderated: Removed rule violation]

I like helping others, but when you sacrifice your limited time in game for helping others, and most of them not even log in ever again, its a bad feeling. I felt bad about it, so i will not waste my precious limited free time to only feel bad as a result.
Never cared about the ingame rewards, i know its trash only for mentor, did it to help others, but felt waste of time only.

I like helping others, but when you sacrifice your limited time in game for helping others, and most of them not even log in ever again, its a bad feeling. I felt bad about it, so i will not waste my precious limited free time to only feel bad as a result.
Never cared about the ingame rewards, i know its trash only for mentor, did it to help others, but felt waste of time only.
That's fine, you can feel it as a waste of time. I personally do not. But I also enjoy helping others and educating, almost as if it's my literal job.

IIRC a disciple is only able to rate the mentor after graduation. So if a disciple gets kicked (also for no reason), it's not possible for the kicked disciple to do anything about it other than warn others, which in turn isn't allowed by TOS in this forum (because of naming players).

I mean it's fine to kick someone if there really is no obvious improvement or the disciple only wants free stuff, but it seems that the number of willing disciples who get kicked anyway (still) is quite high.

So imagine if everyone who has had a disciple at one point automatically has a ratio to them (graduates over kicks), it'd be easier for newcomers to find a proper mentor. Few graduates and many kicks should be a warning sign, IMHO. Then again no idea what to do about my second paragraph...

So imagine if everyone who has had a disciple at one point automatically has a ratio to them (graduates over kicks), it'd be easier for newcomers to find a proper mentor. Few graduates and many kicks should be a warning sign, IMHO. Then again no idea what to do about my second paragraph...
The ratio would still be very high even for good mentors. Mainly because of dormancy. I think a better solution would be to allow a kicked disciple (and only a kicked disciple) the special ability to rate the mentor prematurely. They would only have a limited window to do this in, 7 days maybe, that way any dormant players and players that aren't logging in enough to even progress reasonably would miss the opportunity to review and bring down the mentor rating,. Where active disciples that were treated badly would have plenty of time to leave a fitting review.

Slippery slope but you could even go so far as have your mentorship status taken away if you rack up too many of these type of kicks and scathing reviews within a certain timeframe. It might weed out some of these scammers and should have enough protections to not harm the good players. But... slippery slope.

Dear Mind Ark, .
Can you explain to me and I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to. I was with a mentor and was new to Entropia Universe and well this mentor kept telling me it needed to give him things and me not knowing any better I did numerous times. Then I'm at 50% with my discipleship and then out of the blue.. I sign on to find out my mentor dropped me and no reasoning as to why he did. And because he dropped me the disciple who's still learning has to start all over and I'm the one who did all the work. Sure the mentor guided me, but did he run around killing creatures, mine things, or any work that led to me having 50% done already. No, he did not ! So why is it fair that the one doing all the work loses ? He didn't lose anything but a discipline and a prize. Whoopee do. I feel you should change this rule and if ur going to take 50% away from the disciple then you should take away the same amount from the mentor or let the disciple keep their progress. Just my thoughts bc I worked hard to get that 50% and even harder trying to get myself bk there with a new mentor.
Im sorry you got a bad experience starting out your journey here in Entropia Universe.

I would sincerely urge you to take up Alainax´s offer to mentor you. She is a staple of the EU community and will be sure to support you in the best way.

Good luck!

getting back in shape is supereasy
1. get enrolled with new mentor
2. drop 1 bomb, borrow from mentor a whatever BP and material, click once
3. kill1 monster while in party
that fulfills "professions activity requirements"
4. probably you are on caly, kill in camp icarus caudatergus and small daikiba and electropiglets, kill sabakuma in half moon, pick ONLY anatomy, perception and alertness (the latter 2 are useful later on) using a TT Pistol.
you will complete mentorship in 3 days at most and GG

Last edited:
that fulfills "professions activity require,ents"
4. probably you are on caly, kill in camp icarus caudatergus and small daikiba and electropiglets, kill sabakuma in half moon, pick ONLY anatomy, perception and alertness (the latter 2 are useful lateron) using a TT Pistol.
this guy gets it :D

You can get nasty people on both sides. I mentored for a brief period. I didn't advertise or actively recruit any members. After one particularly disappointing experience I decided not to bother with it any more. This one disciple I had always had questions each day. Which is good. However, required a lot of my time to explain things. Which is the nature of mentoring so again good as its part of the process of learning and getting better.

When it came to the end and he had graduated he marked me down. No explanation was given. I couldn't see what would have been the reason for it as he had always had his questions answered and everything seemed to be going good. Sometimes there isn't any reason and people can be unpredictable or I guess with a malicious streak in them.

All the other disciples I had never required much attention and never had any issues. All graduated without any drama or issues.

The point is no matter how the system is set up by MA you'll always get the outliers on each side of the fence. By outliers I mean people who are not nice and who will "abuse" whatever system is in place.

How can one tell if the mentor one approaches is any use and how can a mentor tell if the prospective disciple is worth the effort? Really there is no easy way of telling - except by research & that may well not be practical in all instances .

I would suggest that new players join a good Society. It is easy to find details of Societies & if the one chosen does not live up to expectations, then leave and look for a better one. Once in a Society that "fits" then ask other Society members about good mentors. The approached mentor could also ask for a reference from the Society.

The mentor I chose in some ways was not that good, but in others was excellent. He worked on the principle that if you did not understand anything - then ask & he would help. He always took the time. But the big problem I found out later was the biggest problems were what you did not know what you did not know or needed to. Nevertheless I eventually graduated & we had a friendly relationship. Anything I found out that I needed to understand he always took the time to help. In fact, he was much more help after I graduated.

Also, the members of a good society can mentor its members, far better than an individual.

Of course not all Societies are good

that fulfills "professions activity require,ents"
4. probably you are on caly, kill in camp icarus caudatergus and small daikiba and electropiglets, kill sabakuma in half moon, pick ONLY anatomy, perception and alertness (the latter 2 are useful lateron) using a TT Pistol.
Sad to see what happened to OP. While i'd be happy to help the OP complete Disciple to be honest i'd be pretty shit at being a mentor. There are way smarter people than I at this caper. Example above. But feel free to add me in game on friends list and you can always ask a question anytime. I'll do my best to answer.

I'd recommend you find a society to join as they are invaluable for advice.

While you found a bad egg. There are plenty of good ones. Way more than bad ones. Move on, get to know people and find your own enjoyment from this game.

@CheyPhoenix I'd suggest making a support case and tell them about this mentor and what he did especially about giving him gifts. Hopefully MA can do something about it and stop him doing this to other new players.

it's remarkable that anyone would be so low as to scam a disciple. a disciple is unlikely to have anything of real value in any event. it's like stealing the dentures from someone's grandmother

Back