just another armour scammer

dolera

Old Alpha
really thought i found her name at this forum already, but the find couldnt find her. whatever, the name of "Lara FIRE Craft" is now here.
6 oct 2006, around 17:20 MA time, in Atlas Haven she tried to get me out of full shogun for an 'upgrade' to full ghost. (Lara, if you're reading this... why you pick shogun? it's not worth much lol)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
Like you see... female ava, barely dressed and a scanner in the hand...

she left amazingly fast after i told in all chat that she offered me this 'deal' :laugh:

It's not the first time I hear about that Lara fire croft and her armor upgrade scams! 3 days ago or so, a guy that I met during one of my mining trips pm'ed me asking me what did I know about ingame scams, armor upgrade was one of them. After a breif pause, he answered: "ok, then I was sacmmed" and told me about this avatar. I think he lost quite a few hundred peds to that piece of crap! I have some screenies of my conversation with him (the victim), and may be posting it later on, as soon as I get back from work.

Naifas

PS: why doesn't the game keep a log of pms anymore????

oh geeze darn i feel so stupid
i just fell for her scam
i just started playing in the last couple days and i had just deposited 10 bucks and bought the base cheap armor and what ever the little short sword is
she said 50 ped and she would upgrade my whole set of armor to nemisis not even sure if that would have been a deal
next thing i know she said something amaizing happend and that it became some kind of expensive armor and i had to pay 1000 peds so she could get it out of the machine
at first i told her that i just couldnt afford it and that if its really that good of armor she aught to get somone else to give her the money so she could get it out then sell the armor and give me my money back
i explained to her i dont have a lot of money and i work at a gas station and she kept saying that hte armor is worth 30 times the 1000 ped so me being and idio gave in then she says she has to pay 800 or the armor will be broke
thats when i told her im maxed out for the month if i dont get anything back from this im going to be absolutly bankrupt for the next 2 weeks
she told me that if we both dont log in until i have the money the armor will stay in the machine
not that that makes any sense to me
as im not the one who put them into the armor constructor
so im basicly out 100US thankts to this girl who is really a guy named ronald from his yahoo name wich she/he gave me
[edit]
she just messaged me on yahoo with this offer
[13:48] ronaldinhodan: you have the ped ?
[13:48] ronaldinhodan: aha
[13:48] warstoke: nope
[13:48] warstoke:  
[13:48] ronaldinhodan: k np
[13:48] ronaldinhodan: when you have mesaje me
[13:48] ronaldinhodan: i have a question for you ????
[13:48] warstoke: ?
[13:49] ronaldinhodan: my friend have ped to sale do you want to buy?
[13:49] warstoke: cant even afford to get any more ped :(
[13:50] ronaldinhodan: how give in entropia for 1000 ped
[13:50] warstoke: problem is to eat these next two weeks now im gonna have to borrow money from my boss
[13:50] warstoke: because i gave you my entire food budget for 2 weeks
[13:50] ronaldinhodan: aha
[13:50] ronaldinhodan: borrow
[13:51] warstoke: borrowing from my boss is more a payrole dedutction i can only spend the money at work
[13:53] ronaldinhodan: my friend give 1000 ped whit 75 $
[13:53] ronaldinhodan: you are interested k?
[13:53] warstoke: i would be if i had it to spend but i dont and if the armor is that good why dont you get it and sell it
[13:54] ronaldinhodan: i dont have money my friend have
[13:54] ronaldinhodan: and dont want to borrow
[13:54] ronaldinhodan: k then mesaje me when you have the ped
[13:55] ronaldinhodan: to take the armor
[13:55] ronaldinhodan: k?

Last edited:
Warstoke, I hope you only lost 10$ mate. And there's something about the way that avatar talks + the nickname that gives a strong clue about where the person behind the avatar is from, i mean country. Perhaps MA would also consider blocking that country?

Naifas

the question is, why ppl still fell for it
the "color your armor" scam is kinda logical, but this upgrade scam?
i mean, if you could upgrade armor for 10-50 ped, why do they cost so much?
and especially, why does pixie, goblin, shogun exist at all, and not just angel and shadow?
and just being a newbie is no real excuse i think, you should really ask yourself why ppl bid terrible high prices in auction, when they next boy/girl in underwear (or in this case, horrible clothes) can upgrade a whole set for 40 ped
well, one thing must be wrong, and without getting any colleteral, is is kinda easy to see which one
just my opinion

well one thing is i didnt know how armor works in this game at the time
i have played a number of rpgs where you could craft armors using old armors as parts
and i figured it was just an upgrade from basic store bought armor toslightly better crafted armor heck when i first played on RO and UO and several people would come up to me as a newbie and either give new gear or help me train yup the first little bit
when i played for a lil bit on SL there were nice people who gave me some decent clothes and showed me the ropes.
but when i joined EU first i get approched by a guy who says "ill be your mentor just give me all the sweat you collect" lol he didnt even wait 20min to explain how you go about doing it
nowhere did anyone say armor cant be upgraded nobody said that it works the way it dose

Sorry to hear about that warstoke, that is the unfortunate downside of playing a real cash economy game. Its inevitable that there are always gonna be people out there trying to steal your ped, no matter how low their scam is. However, there are far more good and helpful players in the game than scammers I think, you just don't hear about them nearly as much. The best way to protect yourself is to do as much reading on the game from this forum and the other resources available to become familiar with all aspects of it. Be sure to file a support case about this.

MA should promote this forum as a way to build community. i am tired of these peope being ripped off for being ignorant of scammers.

warstoke said:
well one thing is i didnt know how armor works in this game at the time
i have played a number of rpgs where you could craft armors using old armors as parts
and i figured it was just an upgrade from basic store bought armor toslightly better crafted armor heck when i first played on RO and UO and several people would come up to me as a newbie and either give new gear or help me train yup the first little bit
when i played for a lil bit on SL there were nice people who gave me some decent clothes and showed me the ropes.
but when i joined EU first i get approched by a guy who says "ill be your mentor just give me all the sweat you collect" lol he didnt even wait 20min to explain how you go about doing it
nowhere did anyone say armor cant be upgraded nobody said that it works the way it dose
indeed sad to hear
in the case of the mentor, bad luck, if you still need help, see signature for guide or PM me here ;)
anyway, especially as newbie you should inform yourself what you buy, and what is possible
when i started i didn't speak to anyone (except maybe "selling sweat at 1.3" and the standard "hi" or so), and for sure didn't inform me much
it was one a bad mistake, but afterwords you always know a bit more
i didn't play RPGs with armor to upgrade from lower parts, so, thats kinda new for me
anyway, best solution would be if MA uses the atm kinda useless newbie messages to annouce the common scams, or at least that armor can't neither be upgraded nor colored

Hi there!

Mindark have written some information about the "armor upgrade" on their website its located under Support News. All ppl especially newcomers should check the info thats available from the place you download Entropia Universe.

There are some basic guides there that will get you a little jumpstart instead of being totally lost upon arrival in Port Atlantis for the first time.

oh, small question: does it make sense to report a scam-attemt to MA-support? if so, i'll give them a screenshot...

yes report the scam, as long as you have screenshot of proof they will look into it further

dolera said:
oh, small question: does it make sense to report a scam-attemt to MA-support? if so, i'll give them a screenshot...
quite
first, take screenies, and best you enable chat logging too
in your PE folder should be the "chat.log" or so somewhere, find your discussion with the scammer and copy it in a new text document
screenies and chat you send to MA, after writing your support case
(you can use your support case number as subject line then, so they know whats it all about)

of course, this has to be fast, and if you say something like
"you f***ing scammer, i gonna report you to MA" he simply will transfer the stuff and cash he has to his main ava
the scamming ava gets locked and he has no loss
so, if you want to report someone, do it without telling him about it
be sure, scammers have a main ava, and several scamming avas, and just if the scamming ava is locked with the possessions, there is a loss for the scammer, else he transfers the stuff, makes a new ava and starts again
just don't give a warning, and find some excuses, like you don't have the cash, your lunch is ready, work starts, emergency phone call (you are a doctor) or aliens kidnapping your guinea pig
maybe not the last one :rolleyes:

Alice said:
cool, i had the impression MA doesnt do much with scammers at all...

Alice said:
of course, this has to be fast, and if you say something like
"you f***ing scammer, i gonna report you to MA" he simply will transfer the stuff and cash he has to his main ava
the scamming ava gets locked and he has no loss
This suggest me NOT to report - i didnt lose anything and as long as (s)he is using this account more ppl are aware of the fact that its a scammer.

If i were MA, i would also lock the account which was used to transfer the stuff. That would do much better IMO. But if they are not doing so, it makes more sense not to report a scammer. Marco, care to explain what MA does? I bet not... :(

Sorry to those who have been scammed by this 'person'. In all honesty their isnt much one can do about scammers. MA doesnt lock them, unless they are persistent, reporting them for just one crime and MA wont take any action, They will generally just say 'its the nature of a the virtual universe, just just the nature of real life'.

Back